- Seattle's revenues are soaring: spending out of control 2008 Seattle budget: $1,898,008,000 2018 Seattle budget: $5,591,071,000 And the city still thinks it needs to soak Amazon with an additional tax?
- Interesting Read Open Letter From New York State Budget Director Robert Mujica Regarding Amazon Some highlights: 1. "In my 23 years in the State Capitol, three as Budget Director, Amazon was the single greatest economic development opportunity we have had. Amazon chose New York and Virginia after a year-long natio
- Where do Amazonians live in Seattle? Joining Amazon office at Macy's building on pine street. I am looking for some suggestions about where to look for apartments (1B1B) ? Budget: 1500, Commute (in bus): 30 mins YOE: 8.5 TC:185K Age: 30 Married and no kids.
- Places to Invest in Austin TX I am looking for rental investment in Austin and would like to know which are the good location 1) Comes under good public school for elementary and middle school. High school ranking can be discounted 2) Good accessibility to Google, Facebook , Apple , Amazon offices or close to tech scenario.
- Companies similar to Google & FB for generalist PM roles? What are some companies that hire generalist product managers the way Google, Facebook, and Amazon do? For example, I've seen Stripe has a role like that. I understand that most companies won't have the scale or budget to just hire generalists all year round, but I'm looking for some exceptions out
- Elliptical Machine for Home Gym Just bought a place and looking to get an elliptical machine. Most of the ones in amazon have < 4 rating or I don’t know to search that well. Any recommendations? Mostly planning to put it in garage. Budget <= 1500 TC - 210
- vote Lay-off while waiting on receipt for next company Posting for a friend, My friend was affected as part of mass lay-off in a startup(due to budget cut and the startup not doing well). His job was terminated. He had H1B transfer initiated sometime back with Amazon and yet to receive a receipt.The background check was cleared sometime back. Should h
- Verifying competing offer as HM at MS I am hiring an external candidate. At the last moment the candidate claims to have a competing offer from Amazon and asking to match it. Are there tools available for hiring managers to verify if the candidate actually got the offer. I don’t want to use my budget to match a fake offer. Recruiter is
- Where to rent a house/apartment near seattle? Family of 4. Single income. 2 kids, 6 and 3 yrs of age respectively. I am looking for a spacious place (preferably 1700 sqft plus) and a safe neighbourhood. Max budget for the rent is ~ $3k / month. Which areas would you suggest? Also, which ones do you prefer, houses or apartments? Work for Amazon
- Housing around Seattle Amazon I'm planning a move to Seattle and looking for neighborhood recommendations around Amazon SLU office. We're looking for a single family home with a backyard, a reasonable commute (<30 mins, can take the bus or the shuttle or drive), and a safe area without severe homeless/drug addiction problem. Li
- Apt recommendation in Seattle? relocating to Seattle and need some apt recommendation near downtown Seattle (within 15min walking distance from Amazon) I’m looking for a 1bd apt <2.5K. any suggestions? Prefer a quiet neighborhood with close proximity to cafe/restaurants I’ve come across the following apts online, but not sure i
- Frugality at Amazon There has been so much talked about frugality at Amazon. Trying to size up the perks that you miss there compared to Microsoft. The 401k and espp are two big items I noticed. About $10k net impact annual. Swags have dried up at even Microsoft, but that is not worth more than a couple of hundred
- Different teams different offers Candidate M offered for bing related team in India given a very low ball offer L62, lower in base salary than previous employer (amazon) and practically no hike in TC. Candidate W offered for Skype (not 100% sure) related team in India given L62 offer with base very close to L63. Got a decent hike
- Admin appreciation suggestions please First of all assuming it’s a good idea to gift admins on this occasion, if someone thinks it’s not I would love to hear your thoughts. So, I forgot to get anything for the admins at work who I take help time to time with various stuff like scheduling meetings with their execs, organizing lunches et
- NY Budget Director finally speaks the truth and spills the beans https://www.governor.ny.gov/news/open-letter-new-york-state-budget-director-robert-mujica-regarding-amazon "Furthermore, opposing Amazon was not even good politics, as the politicians have learned since Amazon pulled out. They are like the dog that caught the car. They are now desperately and incre
- 100K savings for downpayment - Fremont, CA condo? Which area for best price appreciation? I find that 1-2 million dollar SFHs in the bay area (like say, Santa Clara) are outside my budget. I'll likely have 100k for a downpayment soon, am comfortable with a 500k bid. If it's more than 1 bedroom, I'm going to rent the rest out (strongly prefer technology worker tenants - probably eliminate
- Buy a condo in Seattle (Downtown/Cap Hill/SLU)? I’m a guy in my mid twenties and single. Plan to be in Seattle for the next 2 years and keep the condo/house for at least 5 years if I buy one. Below are my options and some reasoning based on what I’ve seen: 1) Go for a one bed condo. The cost is more affordable now that prices are correcting. HOA
- How “refreshers” work at Amazon TL;DR: If you sign with Amazon, expect only paltry base raises and no new stock grants until the 5th year even if you get promoted. If you don’t, your TC will actually drop to the bottom of band so that’s a cliff in its own way. What you see in the offer letter is all you’re going to get. I constan
- vote Behavioral Interview Questions MEGA LIST For those struggling in behavioral interviews, here are some questions from the top companies: ## General - Why do you want to work for X company? - Why do you want to leave your current/last company? - What are you looking for in your next role? - Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with