- TOP TECH COMPANY RANKINGS - 2019 EDITION 0: Google, Facebook, Netflix 1: Uber, Airbnb, Apple, LinkedIn 2. Dropbox, Lyft, Square 3: Microsoft, Amazon, Pinterest, Twitter, Slack, Stripe 4: Salesforce, Yelp, Bloomberg, Adobe, Box, Tesla, Indeed, Splunk 5: Zillow, Oracle, IBM, VMWare, SAP, Twilio, Tableau, Glassdoor, Walmart Labs 6: Everything
- Yelp IC2 vs Amazon SDE1 Need help evaluating 2 offers. Main criteria for choice would be - the learning experience and career growth offered at both places. Yelp IC2- production engineering Base 70k GBP Stocks 100k USD vested over 4 years Relocation 5k GBP Amazon SDE1 - dynamoDB Base 76k EUR First year sign-on 17k EUR Se
- From laid off to 6 offers and 2x TC Sorry this post is late, I know some people were waiting for me to write this TL;DR: Got laid off, was sad, studied hard, did a bunch of interviews, did a bunch of back-to-back onsites, got 6 offers, doubled my previous TC This is my story on how I went from someone that never leetcoded or done a
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Been an SWE at AWS, FB, Google, Intel, Microsoft | AMA Ask me anything. Career advice. Interview practice. Anything. Experience. I'll answer every legit question. Let me add more stuff. I have also been offered positions at following: 1. Uber 2. Zynga 3. Booking 4. JP Morgan 5. Goldman 6. Bloomberg But I have passed. Yelp. My point is that I am h
- vote Salesforce vs Yelp Received two offers - Salesforce and Yelp TC at SF - 185K (MTS) TC at Yelp - 190K (IC2) Location : Both SF Based on work, job security (on visa), wlb, career progression and perks, which one would be a better option to join. Current TC : 135K YOE : 1.5
- Tier rankings for tech companies in the Bay Area Tier = Pay, prestige, wlb, culture, benefits, talent pool, brand weight on resume, people have starry eyes when you tell them where you work at Tier 0: Be your own boss Tier 1: FNG Tier 2: Apple, Uber, Airbnb, Lyft, Linkedin Tier 3: Amazon, Microsoft, Stripe, Pinterest, Slack, Snap, Dropbox, Robinh
- How is Yelp as a SWE? Hi all! Im curious about how the culture is at yelp. I’m thinking about making a career change and am approaching the end of the process with yelp. One if my concerns is that Ive heard some rumors that the company is stagnating a little or finding it hard to monetize. Do you feel Yelp is a good com
- vote New grad offer comparison I have a few new grad SWE offers so far: Google: 120k base, 100k/4yr RSU, 20k signing Bloomberg: 142k base, 18k target bonus, 10k signing Yelp: 110k base, 120k/4yr RSU, 10k signing My product area at Google would be Google Product Infrastructure (not sure if this means anything). At Yelp I’d prob
- SDE1 to internship YOE 4.5. Both at 200 person sized midwest tech companies, no names in generally, especially the tech industry. Gotten phone interview with google, onsite with fb, onsite with amazon, onsite with yelp. All rejected. Onsite still up for microsoft. Now I know I have improved at LC question. And prolly
- Affirm vs. Yelp for New Grad Have a return offer from Yelp and an offer from Affirm. Unsure about which company is the best to start my career at :/
- vote Apple to Yelp, good career move? SWE, 8 YOE, 300K
- Is yelp only good for interns / new grads?? I’ve been reading a lot (on Glassdoor n other forums) about how yelp is good to intern at or start your career but not so much for experienced individuals, as it seems to lack a clear roadmap for growth. Is this at all true? Also, that there’s not a great deal of game changing / innovative work hap
- Applying to Yelp I have tried multiple times applying to Yelp through their careers website, as well as reached out to recruiters on LinkedIn. But I haven't ever heard back, not even a rejection Just curious what are they looking for?
- Yelp vs Squarespace Software Engineer As a new grad engineer what would be a good place to start off the career between Yelp and Squarespace ? I liked talking to teams at both places.
- Is Bing a good place for product managers? I recently got an offer for a senior PM at Bing in Seattle. I am not sure if it is a good place to learn and grow. Some of the folks on my interview panel seemed very mediocre compared to what I have seen in Bay Area. Comp is at par with what I am making but I am not sure if it’s a good career move?
- link Big App Ideas for New Startups I have more ideas than time, so i want to share these ideas for apps with the community. SQUAD: you get connected to five random people based on your interests. you can choose to keep chatting or to leave. each time the room adds people to make up for those that left until you decide to vote to bec
- Moving from Tpm to product role in FB? I got an offer for a tpm role at FB and was thinking of accepting it for now and moving into product manager later. I am currently at product manager at Yelp. What are the typical career options for Tpm? Moving into product or becoming an engineering manager?