- vote Sharing my offer numbers from big companies for your reference I see many questions on compensation here and would like to help answer some of them with the limited data I have. I'd like to shed some light on what the industry is paying and also encourage people to negotiate hard. I went on an interviewing spree recently with the big companies for an SWE posit
- Can You Negotiate Google Levels? (SwEng) After a successful onsite, the recruiter is trying to match me with teams. One of the managers I'd potentially be working with said I'd be level 4. Looked that up on levels.fyi and it seems like I'd have way more years of experience than most people at that level - I've been full time Software Engin
- How “refreshers” work at Amazon Last updated: 7/21/2019 TL;DR: If you sign with Amazon, expect only paltry base raises and no new stock grants until the 5th year even if you get promoted. If you don’t, your TC will actually drop to the bottom of band so that’s a cliff in its own way. What you see in the offer letter is all you’re
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- AMZN L5 vs MSFT L63 Current offers: (1) MSFT L63 Data/Applied Scientist: $153k base, $70k RSU grant, $30k signon: TC $193k + $30k first year signon. (2) AMZN L5 Applied Scientist: $150k base, $100k/80k signon, 130 RSUs: TC $260k (first 2 years), $240k (next 2 years if no stock appreciation). My thoughts: - AMZN is co
- FB IC4 offer Currently L4, Phd+3yoe, TC 290k. HWE role and offer. Bay Area. Offered 155k base 165K stock/4 years 25k sign on After initial low ball of 145/130/0. I told them that is six figures lower than my current TC. Recruiter stresses it was a starting point and we can try to close the gap. I t
- Do I move or not? I got pip'd early this year on my 3rd team, fortunately survived it and switched team. I was super frustrated as I felt I wasted almost a year on my last team and my career (at least at amazon) was almost ruined. Everytime I recall the experience, I feel regretful, furious, and a few complex emotio