- Since we're on the subject of Google... Let me start by saying I in NO way want to or intend to discuss the manifesto fiasco. But what I do find strange about the whole thing is how Google jumped to be a knight in shining armor to the sensitivity and well being of employees when, in my first hand experience, they have some of the most su
- Weird Facebook product/system design question Interviewed with facebook a while ago and had a pretty weird experience. Was asked to design a type ahead suggestion for google search. It was a product design interview , not system design. Came up with a trie, computed via map reduce periodically over 1 hour(configurable), frontend implementatio
- vote Should Google and Instagram ban Tasha k after she threatened to shoot and kill 2 people on their platform? Are any of you Google employees paying attention to what is going on in YouTube and on Instagram? You have a woman with 500k+ followers threatning to shoot reporters and process servers.. she made TMZ yesterday... I'm trying to figure out how you guys have not stepped in and shut her accounts and ch
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Why sling streaming sucks so much? So many production issues! Frame drops, audio drops, poor search and navigation, server error, app crashes, needs 25Mbps to run HD. Other popular services (netflix, hulu, youtube tv, hbo, prime video, etc.) are far ahead in streaming quality and performance.
- Switch to pure Backend Roles from Full-Stack Dev I have worked 3+ years as a Full-stack Dev contributed in both frontend and backend equally using technologies like Backbone/React/Java Spring/Ruby on Rails/MongoDB/SQL Server/ Nginx/SOLR/Redis/RabbitMQ. I wish to transition to a role focussed on Backend / Distributed Computing role. I have curren
- System Design Interviews : What do the interviewers look for ? I've been reading through Grokking the System Design Interview, System Design Primer for past couple of days but I'm still not sure how to approach the interviews(or rather, what the interviewer will be looking for) For e.g if the question is Design a video distribution system, there are so many as
- Google PM interview questions - how many computers does Google own? How would you answer this question. The number of users laptops could be easily estimated. How about the servers ? Would you calculate for each product ? Search, Youtube, Gmail - can't possibly do that in the interview. How would you calculate number of users per server and number of simultaneous