- 2 weeks gap between switching jobs on H1B I'm switching jobs and want to take a 2 week break between the two. Is this possible on an H1B?
- Continuous employment on H1B I'm on H1B and about to switch jobs. Is it possible for me to have a gap between these jobs? Does employment need to continuous?
- Switching from DBA to Data Science Hello folks! I’ve been working as a contractor Database Analyst(MongoDB/Spark ETL) at Wells Fargo for about 6 months. Prior to this, I was a Big Data Developer at Humana for 2 years, also as a contractor. I’ve grown tired of working contract jobs and I’m seeking a step-up in my career. Do I have a
- Not getting Interview Calls My wife has 8Yrs of experience in Recruiting/HR/Project Management (implementation of HR systems). She is PMP certified. She had to take a 4Yr career break due to maternity/Visa issues when we moved to US from Auckland, New Zealand. She is trying to get get a job for past 1 Yr, she has applied to
- link California: HR recruiter wouldn't give me salary range I have an offer for a non tech role in the Bay Area. I got the grade level of the job and asked what the range is and the internal HR recruiter refused to provide it and said it's only shared with hiring managers. California law says companies have to share the salary range when asked. Obviously
- vote How do I find passion in my role, so I can get promoted? Do you love your job and are excited to go to it every day? I love my coworkers, they're the best part of my day. I also love the free food. However while I don't necessarily hate the work I do, I find it dull and unexciting at times. At the end of the day who cares about writing code that will b
- Needs suggestion on finding a job after career break My wife used to work in Java related field. Then she took a break of closely 3 years. Now she wants continue her carrier. So she started applying, but looks like no much response from the companies due to gap in carrier. She is trying to catch up with new Java releases etc. (looks like the Java and
- Health Insurance between jobs Let's say you want to take a month break between jobs, so you won't be covered by insurance what do you guys do? I'm concerned about insurable coverage for preexisting conditions, which I don't think is an issue after Obamacare, but has there been legislation or policy changes to fuck things up? Lo
- Job Between Jobs? I've been trying to find a new job in either QA or project management since I was terminated from my job in October. Unfortunately, I have not had much luck so far and I've been doing online Java courses in an effort to transition to development (or at least a QAE role and eventually development).
- Can You Negotiate Google Levels? (SwEng) After a successful onsite, the recruiter is trying to match me with teams. One of the managers I'd potentially be working with said I'd be level 4. Looked that up on levels.fyi and it seems like I'd have way more years of experience than most people at that level - I've been full time Software Engin
- Immigration I am curious about Americans view on legal immigration - especially the ones against it. Immigrants have been such as asset to this community and I feel the backlash towards legal immigrant community has been due to other systemic factors and govt failures wrt to education and healthcare. Economic d
- link Gender Pay Gap Solved: Dont have kids in career building years. I read this and thought I’d share. Seems NYTimes has figured out the solution. Women are having babies at the wrong time. Quote: “The issue, in general, comes down to time. Children require a lot of it, especially in the years before they start school, and mothers spend disproportionately more time
- About maternity and paternity leave So I would like to start off by asking if giving a super loaded paternity and maternity leave fair to the social system. Please don’t misunderstand my question. I’m trying to understand the rationale behind companies giving such huge time off while the employees maintain almost all benefits. I kno
- What Diversity and Inclusion mean to me Growing up in a multi-cultural home in East San José during the 60’s, I had no idea what diversity meant. My parents raised me to be color-blind, and to treat others with empathy, respect and kindness. In September of 1972 I started middle school in another neighborhood. When I invited Mike (one of
- How common to not be working with scalable systems? I’m a developer (not at Cisco) who works on both front end and back end projects. I work for a big data company, but don’t actually work on the Hadoop/Spark projects themselves. I work on UIs and do some back end and systems work (doesn’t feel too algorithmic) that may consume the output of these jo
- link HELP! Incoming Amazon L5 offer Hi everyone, I've been lurking this site for a while and was wondering if I could get some help? I completed my loop in Seattle last Thursday. I was originally only being evaluated for an L5 UX Designer role then they told me I was being evaluated for an L6 senior role as well, in addition to having