- link [AMA] Interview tips after a recent round of offers (380~500k) TLDR: Offers ranging 380k~500k from Facebook, Uber, and 2 other companies. Non-exceptional IC with 5 years of experience. Interview tips are nuanced and its your loss if you don’t read. ### About me ### Software engineer with 5 yoe in the bay. B.Eng (not comp sci) in a well-known school. Mostly se
- link PM Interview Prep Plan: How I got PM offers from Google, Expedia, Microsoft, and Facebook Five months ago I got fedup with the crap culture at Amazon (needs a separate post) and decided to start working on my game plan for interviews at tech companies. Now, I have three offers from the tech companies - Expedia is travel not in the same league I know. No trolls please. Profile: CS Engine
- link Microsoft, Google and Facebook Interviews Update - Here's the details on my Microsoft offer: https://www.teamblind.com/article/Microsoft-L61-offer-Redmond-5xGLsDiO I interviewed last week at Google Cloud, Facebook Oculus and Microsoft Azure. G and FB in the Bay Area with independent interview loops and MSFT was a hiring event in Redmond.
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Technical Program Manager vs Program Manager @ Google Hi all, I was reached out to by a recruiter for a few positions and I’m trying to determine what these roles are. 1. TPM vs PgM @ Google 2. Any differences in pay? 3. Are TPMs valued/respected more? 4. Career Growth difference between the two? Roles: PM, Youtube TPM, SWE Current Role: PM @ Micr
- Emdedded software to generalist engineer I have 12 YOE as an embedded software engineer. I know C only and never developed with anything else. I am currently an SDE 2 in Amazon and got on site interview at Facebook for E5 position. I checked the design interview and damn lol... I am screwed :). Load balancing, sharding, back end vertical
- Microservices Architecture Hi Folks I am looking for good resources on Microservices that I can learn from. I am interested in starting the services from scratch and take it up to the level of production. On Google, I don't see any good resources that I can refer to learn and implement. How you guys get started with it and h
- Switch to pure Backend Roles from Full-Stack Dev I have worked 3+ years as a Full-stack Dev contributed in both frontend and backend equally using technologies like Backbone/React/Java Spring/Ruby on Rails/MongoDB/SQL Server/ Nginx/SOLR/Redis/RabbitMQ. I wish to transition to a role focussed on Backend / Distributed Computing role. I have curren
- System Design Interviews : What do the interviewers look for ? I've been reading through Grokking the System Design Interview, System Design Primer for past couple of days but I'm still not sure how to approach the interviews(or rather, what the interviewer will be looking for) For e.g if the question is Design a video distribution system, there are so many as