- How much and what kind of stock do you own? I’ll start: (all in dollars, not units) 100k in FB (vested RSU) 50k Index funds (+ 401k but no idea how much) 5k Bitcoin 2k Netflix 2k Amazon 1k trading randomly
- vote Best company for long term payoff? If you wanted to dig your heels in and climb the ladder at a company for 10+ years, which would you guess would be the most rewarding in terms of TC and the quality of your exit opportunities (assuming you can survive said companies culture and expectations over that time frame)? Tried to represent
- Facebook Intern return offer Just got an intern return offer for a E3 new grad position last week. I got EE ratings and thought I did really well on the internship despite the lowball. Recruiter said base and stock are non-negotiable but signing is. 110/150/65 and 10% target bonus What do you guys think? Also what are some co
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- vote Experienced Engineers: Did I make a bad call? I'm still a student graduating this semester and can't stop thinking about the full-time job decision I made last semester. After receiving a few offers, I filtered them down to 2 I was really interested in: Facebook, NYC: $110k base/ 10%+ bonus/ $160k/4 years stock/ $85k sign on/ ~$160k TC Two Sig
- How do I stop feeling like a failure? Warning - edge post. Im working on an Amazon internal ML team in Seattle after I graduate from a low tier state school. Everybody I know makes more than me with better benefits and more prestige at FB, Airbnb, Google, and prop trading companies including the people I interned with last summer all i
- Do Two Sigma/Jane Street pay more than Facebook/ Google? I have friends at 3 of them (not Jane Street) and they seem to be getting paid roughly the same- but all new grad. I’ve heard it both ways that the trading companies pay more and that they don’t- so I’m not sure which camp is correct, especially as you get more senior. The pay ranges for YOE seem p
- Will these companies offer more than FB? I’m currently in the interview process for a new grad swe position. I have a new grad offer from FB for $110k salary, $160k rsu/4 years $65k sign on. I was offered interviews at: Caspar AI Asana Stripe Airbnb Rubrik Robinhood Optiver Trading Cloudflare Confluent Affinity Snap (Application Security
- Rejection from Facebook Recently interviewed @fb. Onsites went well. Based on recruiter feedback it was positive in both the coding rounds and the behavioral round. For design, they conducted another interview, and the feedback was positive, so the packet was sent to HC. Unfortunately that's where I got Rejected, saying it
- FB RSU Understanding How does FB RSU work? Like if one is offered 400k (just for simple maths case) worth RSU/4 year, that comes to 100k/Yr. How is this price determined as between offer and joining share price will change. At the time of joining and RSU grant does this mean you are given total number of shares worth
- FANG from Trading Tech I've been working for a number of years in finance on high performance trading systems. I'm currently in a growing business line but remain extremely underpaid relative to the FANG salaries I see. I'm looking to make a switch soon. Am I fighting an uphill battle here, reputation wise? I'm concerned
- I see a lot of complaining about the Amazon bar being low - do people at top companies look down on Amazom SDEs? It's true that the talent at Amazon is far lower than Google or FB or trading companies etc (nobody turns down Airbnb for Amazon) but in terms of customer improvements/products it seems like Amazon is doing a lot more. Google has uniformly brilliant engineering Ubermensches but cant even make a soli
- Non trading-related SWE at top hedge fund? I applied long time ago for a different position, but offered to interview for a ‘python developer’ position for their finance team at Hudson River Trading. Looking at the job desc., it looks like the work is about building report gen. infra, etc... and what ppl call ‘back office’ position which ma
- Does Google/Facebook consider competing offers from trading firms? I heard from someone that either Google or Facebook has a list of companies that they'll match their offers against for competing offers and if you're competing offer isn't one of those companies they won't match it. Does anyone know more about this and if G/FB will match their offers against those
- Return Intern Offer at FB Hey guys got a return offer from FB from summer internship as an E3. Recurring TC: 158k (additional stock bonuses and per bonuses not included) TC: 223.5k I worked on an ML team and I enjoyed the work I was one of the few engineers on a mainly research scientist team. That said there was a lo
- Bye bye So I’m trading you fucks for FB. Hello .NET 😈
- vote Are Hedge Funds/ Trading firms good next steps from FB? I’m at FB and I like it a lot but I’m curious as to what the best next steps are from FB. Im not looking to move yet (I’d like to reach E5 first most likely) but I don’t really want to work at Google because of what I’ve heard about promotion/career velocity as well as the slower paced environment.
- What happens if you trade outside of trading window? What's stopping me from going to Robinhood and trading FB stocks outside of trading window? It's not like they track activities of all 40k employees?
- Can I buy an S&P500 fund that includes my company? Hi, When Facebook’s trading window is closed, can I still buy S&P500 fund that includes FB stocks? I think it’s fine but just wanted to double check.