- Amazon non compete agreement I am an L4 Program Manager and I am joining a company in California but i have signed an Amazon non compete agreement. I have a clause in there that states i cannot seek employment with a competitor for 18 months after leaving Amazon The legal team from the new employer has specifically asked me if
- Amazon offer - Non Compete clause The amazon offer and the confidentiality agreement have a 18 month non compete clause included which is pretty broad and says you are not allowed to work for the competition. Is this standard? Have there been issues when folks have tried to move to other FANGs?
- Amazon Non Compete It seems pretty broad. Do they actually enforce it. How would someone move from Amazon to Google or Microsoft or any other company because amazon competes in so many domains.
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Is Amazon’s Non-Compete a red flag? For 18 months past separating from Amazon, Amazon’s non-compete disallows employees from supporting the development of any product or service that competes with any product or service offered by Amazon. That would effectively prevent me from finding a job anywhere! I’m worried that a prospective em
- Anyone ever talk to employer before getting an offer elsewhere? TLDR @ the bottom, but basically what the title says. Work at a super small biz, vendor at Amazon. Hiring manager at Amazon reached out to me about an open position which I'm interested in. Have done phone screens (no non-compete in place). Looked around and found another similar job at Amazon, ha
- Negotiate Non Compete agreement in offer letter I have an offer from a media company in Seattle,WA. In their offer they have a non Compete clause which restricts me from working for a competitor for 1 year after leaving. I was ok with it but they also mentioned Amazon in the list of competitors. I believe it is because of Amazon Videos, but that
- AWS Contract and Non-Compete and PTO? Received an offer and contract from AWS. They seem pretty broad on the Non-Compete. Overall just seems like a ton of info etc in the contract compared to what I signed for MS. I’m guessing unless you leave in a negative way or get to L7+ the non-compete is likely not enforced. But I’m curious if th
- Amazon 18-month Non-Compete Anyone have any issues with this after leaving Amazon? Did it prevent you from seeking employment opportunities with other tech companies? How rigid is this policy?
- vote How binding is my non-compete? I have an SDE1 offer from Amazon with an 18 month non-compete agreement. I know this place isn't full of lawyers, but give me the 10,000ft view, what would that mean?
- 18 month non-compete at Amazon In my contract, I see a non-compete for 18 months. I’m assuming this is uncompensated? For those on the business side, how does this limit your ability to hunt for other jobs? I feel like business unit people tend to stay product/topic relevant when switching companies so I’m curious how they adapt
- Non compete with amazon Is the non compete clause with amazon restricted to the industry you are working in within amazon? Otherwise Microsoft, google, Netflix, Walmart, FedEx etc can be considered as competitors? Typically non compete clause is for 18 months
- Non-compete clause I am thinking of leaving my job at Microsoft to go to Amazon. I have a non-compete clause in my contract. Do the companies really do something if the employee go to work inmediately to a competitor?
- Running a clothing brand while working full time at Amazon Does the non compete matter if I am working on a clothing brand while working as a full time SDE at Amazon?
- Advice on negotiating commission increase? Have been doing sales and account management for an event/webinar/live stream production company. I sell and manage, sometimes produce, programs and individual events. Been doing this for my current company for 1.5 years, focusing solely on producing events for Amazon, one of our bigger clients. St