- Facebook backend vs full stack interview How is the interview process different between backend and full stack at Facebook. Phone + onsite? Front end js/css in the full stack? SQL vs NoSQL in interview? TC: 190
- Referral & prep suggestions for L5/L6 Google engineering role 11 years of experience. Strong in NodeJs Js & java. Full stack developer in both front end & backend. Setup and mentored team. Standing offers from multiple companies.
- eBay referral? Can anyone refer for a full stack eng position at eBay in Seattle? Im a dev with ~1.5 yrs of experience (mostly full stack JS), happy to chat more if anyone is able!
- front end engineer/ web dev engineer What are the equivalent titles of an Amazon front end engineer or a web development engineer at Microsoft? Curious about the desired tech stack as well. My tech stack involves JS, Java, Html, CSS Angular and other frameworks. Appreciate your time in advance
- Career advice for becoming full stack web developer Have 9+ years of software development experience mostly in UI with Ext-Js framework.. want to transform myself into full stack engineer.. already learning latest UI technologies like angular, react .. have done java long back for about 2+ years ... I am confused what all to learn... not sure what in
- Advice for finding remote work at SV pay rate? I’ve worked as a full stack / JS developer at a remote company for 6 years. I’m looking to move on in the coming months, and would love some advice on finding remote work at pay rates at or near Silicon Valley standards. Anyone have advice on sites I should use, or whether it’s worthwhile to reach
- Cracking senior software engg or sde 2 MSFT What should one do to crack Senior Software Engineer or Software Engineer II interview at Microsoft? I have 6 years exp. Full stack web development. Mainly Java Spring and back end. Use to Google and do front end work(js and css). 2 side projects listed on resume which is not completely polished.
- Best place for software developers to live peacefully!!!! I have been in bay area for a year and i feel this place is ridiculously expensive. Which is best place out of California where you would save good money? By peaceful I mean less commute time, inexpensive living and good workplace. P.S: I am female fresh college grad (full stack JS developer) with
- Should I learn AngularIO or React? Currently, I am a wiz at AngularJS. I have been working with it for roughly two years. I am looking to stay relevant as a Full Stack Python/Django/JS dev with a heavy inclination for the front end. Between AngularIO and React, which one should I invest myself into for the long game of my career? No
- Juniper vs sensor tower Asking this for a friend. He has two offers 1. junipe acquired company App formix :AppFormix is a fundamental building block of Contrail Enterprise Multicloud for enterprises and Contrail Cloud for service providers. role : software engineer backend. ~130k, 5k signing bonus and 800RSU and 11
- Have upcoming onsite at 1 FAANG, how to reach others ? I have an upcoming onsite for SWE with a FAANG and would like to interview with other similar companies. Do I need referrals to get a look ? Should I contact recruiters through LinkedIn ? Doesn't have to be FAANG exclusively, open to any interesting tech work and I want to shorten the process s
- South Florida Companies Offering Good Compensation Anyone know of SoFlo companies that offer good compensation? I’m a SWE, full stack, mainly JS, leadership experience with 10 YoE overall. TC: 120k. I would like to stay local and work on new challenges and increase compensation, but willing to start looking out of state. I just don’t know if any com
- Data Engineer Looking for Referrals (Please!) 5 years experience, with domain expertise in digital/web data Tech: Hadoop stack / Python / Unix/Bash / some R / some modeling / APIs / custom front end (HTML/CSS/JS), viz tools like Tableau/Qlik/Domo Great at architecting data pipelines, custom dashboards, automation, reporting, and analytics wor
- Feeling hopeless and anxious. To start off, I joined Goldman right out of college (probably my biggest mistake) and allowed to be pigeonholed into front-end development (my second biggest mistake). Over time I grew to like FE dev but I totally neglected backend stuff. I've been doing this for close to 4 years now. Now, that I p
- Stay in desktop or move to webdev? it's been bugging me for a little while now. most, if not all, the positions around me are for web tech. I've only done desktop and console app development so far, and I'm trying to keep an eye on my future (don't want to be SDET forever). after beginning to write a browser extension, I've found mys
- Looking for advice on which opportunity to pursue I have two offers for very different companies. One is for a backend position on an AWS team the other is a full stack position at a startup. Both in Seattle. I'm looking for some advice on which to take. I'll lay out my thinking on both. Just a little history on me first. I've been a developer for
- Right role and level to apply? I have 10 yoe as a full stack developer. Low-Medium traffic web sites and web services. Completed a couple of medium sized projects on my own for small companies. Developing internal tools and services at MS. Nothing fancy. Proficient: c#, t-sql, nosql, testing, windows forms, wcf soap&rest, js, c
- Broadening SWE specialization I have 10 YOE in the backend OO languages, c/C++,Java,Scalia, microservices, AWS, etc. But I’m very curious about iOS development, and more of the front half of the companies like Uber, Lyft, AirBnB. That means Ruby, GO, python, JS, etc. I’m sure I can hit the ground running but I don’t have the ye
- From laid off to 6 offers and 2x TC Sorry this post is late, I know some people were waiting for me to write this TL;DR: Got laid off, was sad, studied hard, did a bunch of interviews, did a bunch of back-to-back onsites, got 6 offers, doubled my previous TC This is my story on how I went from someone that never leetcoded or done a