- How “refreshers” work at Amazon Last updated: 7/21/2019 TL;DR: If you sign with Amazon, expect only paltry base raises and no new stock grants until the 5th year even if you get promoted. If you don’t, your TC will actually drop to the bottom of band so that’s a cliff in its own way. What you see in the offer letter is all you’re
- Moved to Amazon, already missing Microsoft benefits People keep cribbing about compensation, rightfully. But the difference you're seeing is not as signficant as it appears. There are a lot of benefits we take for granted in Microsoft. Just over a month in Amazon and I'm already noticing that very clearly. There is a problem to fix, but not as bad
- Google vs Amazon Okay, I am sure that there are tons of these. But I wanted to try and understand why Google is almost always considered to be better than Amazon, and Amazon is generally considered to be sucky. But looking at a Google offer and here are some things: 1. Google does not seem to pay more than Amazon.
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Amazon wlb I recently got an offer from Amazon as sde 2. While I was going through blind threads, I found a lot of complaints about Amazon wlb. I would like to ask sde at Amazon regarding their experience at Amazon. Also what is all about 🍌? Offered TC : 230k
- Shoud I complain to HR? Almost at the end of a horrible intern experience. Now I feel like the manager simply would like to squeeze me as experienced SDE rather than treating me as intern for training. That's why I'm given a project our of my scope as intern. Then the manager found me not that capable and would like to kic
- Is Rover as bad as Glassdoor says? In looking at the first few reviews of Rover I see many complaints of low pay and lack of diversity. As an engineer at Amazon, both of these traits in a company are very important to me. I had an informal chat with them a while ago, and there was literally 3 meetings happening in their lobby, so the
- Higher TC different company? - Sr Mgr/Director I’m making a good TC for an Amazon L7 SDM (550, mostly RSUs, top ratings every year, Seattle) but I have kids going to college in two years and am wondering if I should make a move to one of the better paying FAANG companies. Has anyone else left a decent paying, interesting leadership role to chase
- Dogs at Work? There's a petition going around Microsoft right now about allowing dogs at work. I know there are companies such as Amazon and Google that allow them and I have not heard complaints from friends that work there so it seems to be working well. I'm curious if anyone that works with dogs has any commen