- 10x engineer - a myth? Has anyone ever met a real 10x engineer? Are they a myth? I think I’ve finally found one. My team recently hired a new principal engineer and I was asked to help them as their onboarding buddy. I didn’t know what I (a SDE3 with 6 YOE) could help this new PE with, but I figured I could at the very l
- Amazon Pivot experience (details and advice included) Already happened 3 months ago in AMXL, but I want to write it here if anyone finds it helpful in any way. I joined the new team in September last year and only had 2 1:1s during the 4 months period last year but my manager (coutinho@) who has already had almost 12 years tenure at Amazon, told me du
- Career Help I'm a 22 year old student living in Utah starting my career path in Sales. I have a year of Sales experience in the telecommunications industry (Sales Rep for Sprint). I also have one year of Door2Door Sales Experience running my own business. I am also fluent in Spanish as a second language. I will
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Google stopped the hiring sprint? Google really hired many people during 2018. But I've heard the goal has nearly been achieved. Is that true? When would they expand again? (I heard the office in Kirkland,WA is almost finished) I know Google have openings all the time, but many friends said the bar in this year is lower. I d
- How to enforce discipline of writing (better, more extensive) Documentation? Need some advice, small startup, not Microsoft. How do I get engineering teams to write better public facing documentation? (For example, provide more examples, screenshots, alternatives, links to other relevant pages, updating when new APIs etc). Do you guys hire a part time documentation person,
- Agency vs Single Product - Product Manager Role We're going through a big expansion and have been hiring a lot more at Sidebench. Having met with so many candidates in the last month, I really started to realize some of the bigger differences between the focus and skillset of a PM with agency experience and those PMs that have worked at single p