- how to stay motivated when applying? I'm currently looking for a product owner role in London and I can barely get an interview or past the first phone screen. Amazon ghosted after 2nd interview and I feel hopeless. I also feel checked out of my current role. I'm getting no response from companies and not sure why I have a great profi
- link Salesforce bans retailers whom sell certain guns I've been a on-again-off-again Salesforce Developer and advocate for 10-years. In my personal and professional life I always try to treat people with dignity and respect and expect my colleagues to do the same. I do tend to keep my conservative, libertarian opinions to myself, because working in t
- What is the difference between Product, Program and Project manager? The terms seems to be abused and used fairly interchangeable. To me, product manager at a tech company seems more like the owner of that product. Like the VP who owns that product.
- The owner of my company loves Trump. Should I quit? Well, what should I do?
- Are any of you this type of Product Manager? Are any of you mainly focused on getting an MVP done and not on maintaining an existing product? Wanted to see what title, TC, company you are in that does this type of Product Management: 1. You get the initial prototype and MVP done. Idea may often come from feedback in the field from the Sales T
- Umbrella insurance policy I have home owners insurance policy from Amica. I don’t have any auto insurance policy as I don’t own a car. Amica requires me to have both home owner and auto insurance for getting an umbrella insurance policy. Any recommendations for insurance company that provides umbrella insurance without havin
- Underpaid How do you get the owner of your company see that so many employees are underpaid? Some, not all, make over 50% less than the state average.
- Being Acquired - need advice My fintech company is being acquired, no one has equity (single owner - unique scenario). Core team obviously has to go along with the deal - it’s time to use our leverage. Typically, is the piece of the sale price negotiated with the current owner or does he delegate that to the acquiring company?
- What is difference between Product Owner and Product Manager I had an interview for the product head in product based company but on paper they give me a designation of product owner. I am confused what is the difference.. PO>>PM>>Sr PM >> PH>>CPO is it correct? Can I say product owner is a product head of company?
- AWS - Being an AWS employee and an AWS partner, at the same time. Having a little trouble trying to beat my ethics here. My company is an AWS partner, and I'm afraid of answering to Amazon emails (i.e. account manager ). Since it's a small company, no one else have the expertise or tech knowledge in order to get involved with AWS topics with customers, other tha
- What if I quit my job when my stocks are only half vested I work for a startup and my stock options have to vest for 3 years. They’re only 60% vested. It’s not currently worth anything but has a promising future. If I quit now, and the company becomes profitable in the future and then goes public, am I still owner of the 60% that vested? Or do I lose it
- Lombasted by an old employer for quitting and immediately creating a startup? Does anyone have any knowledge of employees of tech companies being sued for starting a startup immediately after quitting the company. Particularly when the company had nothing to do with the new startup, but where the company thought they could make a “technical” claim as owner of the “ip” or “con
- Starting a startup on my wifes H4 EAD One of my friend and I have came up with a business Idea and we are starting a LLC with 50/50 agreement. As someone on h1b can only be a passive investor and not work for the company, it would not give me much control over the company. Like profit taking or influencing business etc... What I am thi
- L1 from India for an entrepreneur Hi folks - I’ve worked in the usa then returned to India and started a company with a sister llc registered in the usa. the company in India has revenues north of 350k. Do you guys know the chances of L1 getting approved for a small business owner ( biz is in exports of usa goods and ai and ml in te
- Airbnb product management difficult to get into? I'm a product manager (20 months in role-business analyst beforehand) at a lending tech company, but on the side I invest in real estate and have 3 Airbnb listings that I own and operate (4 soon!). I'd love to work on Airbnb's product, particularly on the owner/listing management side. Does anyone
- Jobs in non SWE Hi folks I’m moving to SFO after 10 yrs running my startup in another country. I took my company from zero to 700k in revenues in last 4 yrs. I’m a self taught front end programmer but would prefer product owner roles. I don’t have a comp science edu/background. Is it possible to get non technical p
- Form 590 rental property I have received form 589,590 to be filled from property management company. These form are non resident withholding exemption. I wanted to know if this is common for property management companies to give it to owner who are not in California. If these forms are not filled property management company
- vote Is product owner equal to product head of a product company Please vote
- General Financial Advice Is it important to note Assets, Expenses, and Balance each month, both for company and individually. P.S. I am a web development company owner, so please answer accordingly, and have not much personal experience in accounting and finance.
- Caught my boss/ owner of the company stealing from my customer I lost my job a year and a half ago and was hired by my competitor. Now I caught the owner of the company stealing from one of my customers that I retained from previous employer. I want to find another company but I don't want to look like a flake. How do I handle this?
- How do I get sponsors or investors? First time business owner. My entertainment company is two years old now. I've grown from one shitty dive bar a week to five recurring locations as well as multiple private events. I can't grow without outside help, now. I need money to hire people so I can grow locations, I need locations so I have
- Product manager non technical major roles and responsibilities Hi PMs at FAANG and other big tech companies- can you please shed some light on your major roles and responsibilities as PM? Do you have to manage the Jira tickets as part of your job and is there a scrum master position as well that does that and PMs don’t have to do that ? Also, in terms of respon
- Employee Referral First post :) I referred someone senior into a product management/owner position on my team. I do not report to them and they don't report to me(scrum master). My company says, they don't want to give me the referral $$ citing conflict of interest because they are on the same team. Is this normal
- Product Owner salary- 1 year experience I'm a Product Owner in Denver at a large company and have just over 1 year of experience. How much is a normal range to be making?? Possible follow up question: how and when should I ask for a raise?
- New product owner Hello all! I am a new product owner with a company that offers little actual training. I've been trying to self learn from Udemy and meetups but would love to do some real training. Any ideas of what to do or where to go? Thanks!
- When things explode in business... Hey Y'all! So I'm a small business owner of a tech company based in NJ. I was wondering if there are any other entrepreneurs out there that is willing to chat about business challenges they've faced especially when everything seems to explode at the same time. Would love to talk about some issues
- Question - new hire documents Do companies let you look at new hire documents (docs you have to sign to be an employee) BEFORE you accept the job offer? In my past, a small private company —on my first day—HR asked me to sign an agreement not to sue if I was harassed at work and forced me to sign an arbitration agreement if I t