- Tired of cranking a warm and sticky one with the boys 😫 I am a single man working in Bay Area. Every day, after spending 7+ hours to add 2 lines of code to my project, which is absolutely critical to my company (according to my manager, even though no one knows about it), I take some well-earned rest to congratulate myself and then proceed to undertake m
- How Shares Are Priced (Uber @ $35) A quick primer for stock market noobs: Companies in similar industries fall within a range of valuation metrics. Since both Lyft and Uber have negative earnings, we can’t use P/E (price to earnings) as the benchmark. Both companies have revenue, however: Lyft $3B annual revenue $15B valuation (ma
- vote Senior DevOps -> Lead Engineer Currently senior devops engineer but considering taking advantage of the company hiring several lead engineers. I’m curious if the jump makes sense given I’m in my early 20s and I’ve only held my senior position for about 6 months. From a quality of life standpoint I’d be busier than I am now and o
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- What makes a fast career progression in big companies? What makes a fast career progression in your eyes? Have you or someone you know achieved it? How? I'm inclined to look at this as amount of responsibility rather than titles or TC (they tend to follow shortly), but to each their own benchmark I suppose. Don't know anyone personally who grew quickly
- DevOps/SRE/Infra Percent of Engineering Hey all, I'm trying to get a sense of what percentage of engineers at different organizations fall under the (loosely defined) DevOps/SRE/Infra/SysAdmin/Internal Tools/Security/etc. Don't want to fight about the strict definition of "DevOps", but basically the folks that are full time operational/fo
- When am I FAANG ready? I want to benchmark myself if ready to crack Google, Facebook, LinkedIn etc. I know it depends from person to person. But as a rule of thumb / bare minimum - How many Leetcode problems can make me interview ready for these companies? How do I convince myself that I am adequately prepared?
- I have been curious for long.... What do employees(product development team/tech team/release-ops/marketing/ etc) of pornhub and other popular XXX sites answer to their family, spouse, crush, headhunter when they are asked where do they work? 🤔 Also, what is the gender distribution there? What is the typical day? How do they test
- What's typical compensation like for Master's grad + 4 years industry experience? Assuming hired at L4 or L5 benchmark? Is it possible for L6? 4 years consists of 9 months at some company and 3 years and a few months at Square doing full stack work. Master's is in Comp Sci with ML specialization.
- Quasi-offer Eval: Senior Data Analyst @ SF Twitter office Edit 8/30: Preserving original text below, but I got the "official" verbal offer today. * ~$178k TC * $135k base * 25% achievement-based bonus (at 100%, $33,750) * $35k in RSUUs, benchmarked at the price when I get my equity letter start date + one month * $5k signing bonus It's a lateral
- Stuck at L6 PM After spending close to 4 plus year amidst multiple restructuring and team changes, I am still not able to see a path forward for promo at Amazon. Problem is lot of other companies benchmark their leveling based on your current level at Amazon. I am not that keen on series A/B firms as just had a ki
- How long would it take for a newbie to be hired in computer vision? Hi All, Just started learning about computer vision cause I've recently been interested in the space. Mostly learning through open source projects and online courses. Realistically speaking how long would it take me to get to a level to be able to do this professionally? What does the future of thi
- What kind of package can you get as front end developer at google? I’ve heard that it is pretty hard to get higher title/TC if your expertise mostly focuses on front end at google. Can anyone confirm? I interviewed with them about 2 years ago and get L4 with about 300k TC…… I have about 8 years of experience although mostly in non-fang company... The level was a b
- Email marketing benchmarks (US, 2017-2018)? Hey folks. Could you share the benchmarks in your company for email marketing performance for this year? E.g. my exp. says: • 21% Open Rate; • 3.3% CTR; • 5.5% CTA; • 0.02% Unsubscribe Rate. N.B.: US market only. Thanks!
- BIE 1 salary Amazon Europe (Germany) What is the salary range for BIE 1 at Amazon in Europe (Germany, Munich)? Worked for 5 years as working-student (System available almost only in Germany for students, who can work up to 20h/week, in a field which is similar to the field of their studies. It is not an internship, but kind of), worki
- Insight getting into Spotify UX research? Currently I'm a digital BI analyst at a Gartner subsidiary. I've got 3 years experience mixed quant/qual. Lots of experience with short and long term studies for brands and retailers/benchmarking. I know friends who work at Spotify love the culture and I love the company. Trying to apply but any ins
- Performance Engineer in Systems needs referral in a company with good TC I'm a Software Performance Engineer in Systems. Typically I benchmark application and find bottlenecks and make sure apps scale. 10 years+ of experience. I wonder if anybody knows a company with good TC that can refer for a position alike. My current TC 215k. Thx.
- Benchmark electronics in AZ Is Benchmark electronics in AZ good company to work for as an electrical engineer