- vote Technical incompetence at Wayfair -- is there anything worse?? Is there anything worse than Wayfair at this scale in terms of sheer technical incompetence and poor engineering practices? Wayfair's codebase and infrastructure are stuck in a pathetic, sorry state. The PHP repo, the databases (which are all mirrors in some way), the vertical scaling -- it needs t
- System design for FANG senior positions Just got a rejection from Facebook after on-site. I have 10+ years of experience so can only be evaluated as E5 or above. I thought I did well during interview. Solved almost two coding questions on each of the three algorithm sessions (demonstrated my thought process as much as I can instead of jus
- Should I switch back to engineer and join Facebook? Currently an engineer manager in charge of 2 teams in a smaller company, interviewed with Facebook last month and was offered a level 5 engineer position because I did well in those coding/design sessions but not so in their management sessions. I have not been coding in the past 1.5 years so not su
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Do I have a chance of getting hired? Last year I interviewed onsite at Facebook, Apple, Twitch/Amazon, Netflix, YouTube/Google, Microsoft, and a some lower tier companies. I got offers from Apple, Microsoft, and a lower tier company. Accepted Microsoft, which I hate. To study I worked out of CTCI for a month or two. No Leetcode. Did
- Data Engineer Phone Interview at Facebook I have a data engineer phone interview coming up at Facebook. Should I expect questions on Graphs, Trees, linked lists in the phone interview? Are the questions really tough in the phone interview? I will have two coding interview sessions 30 mins each for Python and SQL. Appreciate any insights o