- Feeling bad about how much I am making Sorry about this brain dump, I just feel like I need to let this out... I make standard amount of fang tech salary (not a lot per blind standard) but I feel bad about how much I am making and how greedy I became when switching jobs / negotiating offers. Last year my son’s daycare teacher got fired
- link Walmart Walkout Did any Blind users from Walmart participate? https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/08/07/walmart-employees-staging-walkout-protest-gun-sales/
- Is it Right time to join Doordash? Doordash current valuation is at $12.6 billion and they become market leader in food delivery. But in market with wafer thin margins and huge competition is it risk worthy? They are also moving into last mile delivery i.e. delivery for business (like for Walmart), but with Amazon catching up on Fed
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- link Leave 250K TC to do coding camp? Plz advise Long time lurker first time poster so thanks for everyone’s input on this in advance. I’ll keep this short as this has been on my mind for some time. Background: CS undergrad from top 15 university, master from top 3 bschool (non-mba) Work: consulting 2 yrs and been in strategy and ops role over t
- link In picking Microsoft's cloud, Volkswagen shows that even carmakers have some fear of Amazon https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/03/16/why-volkswagen-chose-microsoft-azure-over-aws.html?utm_source=quora&utm_medium=referral In the cloud wars, Microsoft has been able to win big business from retailers, largely because companies like Walmart, Kroger, Gap and Target are opting not to write big check
- link Good or bad? Amazon raises minimum wage to $15 Just curious how this will affect Amazon and if it will cause prices to increase much if at all? Have employees at Walmart seen this impact their business at all since raising their minimum wage too? I assume Target is the next to be pressured to raise their minimum wage to $15/hour if they haven’t