- link GC path for dreamers? https://www.cnbc.com/2019/02/11/companies-including-amazon-and-apple-urge-congress-to-save-dreamers-.html
- link Apple says goodbye to Jony Ive Let’s discuss how this will effect Apple short and long term https://finance.yahoo.com/news/apple-jony-ive-leaving-210418183.html
- From laid off to 6 offers and 2x TC Sorry this post is late, I know some people were waiting for me to write this TL;DR: Got laid off, was sad, studied hard, did a bunch of interviews, did a bunch of back-to-back onsites, got 6 offers, doubled my previous TC This is my story on how I went from someone that never leetcoded or done a
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- link Thanks Blind! From $50k TC to $200k TC! 🎉 (no degree) TLDR: I had competing offers from Apple (Cupertino), Amazon (Vancouver) and other Canadian companies Apple's offer is higher since it's in USD but I decided to accept a Front-End Engineer 2 position at AWS. I didn't want to move to the U.S. yet - personal reasons TC $200k YOE 5 years Location: Van
- link 4-year degree not necessary for coding "I don't think a four year degree is necessary to be proficient at coding. I think that's an old, traditional view. What we found out is that if we can get coding in the early grades and have a progression of difficulty over the tenure of somebody's high school years, by the time you graduate kids l
- link Hate has no place here -Tim cook Gotta applaud apple Ceo https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tim-cook-tells-white-supremacists-002721543.html When will zuck grow some balls ?
- Career growth reflection I just wanted to write this out because I have a bit of time…I’ve been self reflecting on what I achieved over the course of 4 years with regards to my software engineer career in the Bay Area. 2 years ago I was a software engineer at PayPal earning 96K TC straight out of college with B.S. in CS. I
- link Microsoft overtakes Apple in Market Cap No longer the most valuable tech company on the planet, one-trick-pony Apple’s market cap currently checks in at $746 billion. By way of contrast, Microsoft’s market cap at the close of trading today stood at $753 billion. And though Apple’s market cap is still ahead of companies like Amazon and Goo
- link The Bay Area is so expensive - employees are putting off having kids https://finance.yahoo.com/news/bay-area-expensive-employees-apple-170200852.html is this true?
- Front-End On-Site with Apple Hello, Can anyone tell me what will be the interview process for front end developer at Apple? Few questions: 1) Should I expect a System Design round for a Front-End position? 2) I searched here on Blind and read something about "front-end building/design". Does this mean writing HTML/CSS on a wh