- Yelp vs Amazon SWE Intern? Yelp: $7500/month + $1500/month housing Amazon: $7500/month + corporate housing Yelp is in SF, Amazon in Seattle. Which company is more prestigious/has a better engineering culture?
- Working at Yelp My wife has applied to Yelp and wants to know how it is to work at Yelp. She is into software engineering. Can someone please tell in terms of work, compensation & benefits? She is currently working at a FANG company and in software testing. At Yelp she got a call for backend development role.
- Affirm vs. Yelp for New Grad Have a return offer from Yelp and an offer from Affirm. Unsure about which company is the best to start my career at :/
- Yelp SWE concerns I have a few questions as I'm expecting an offer from Yelp and waiting for the offer will require me to turn down an exploding offer from another company that I'm not as excited about. 1. How is Yelp with respect to perceived brand value? Is it considered a good company by recruiters/hiring manage
- Moving into engineering management role. I want to leave Yelp to be an EM at a stronger and bigger tech company like FB, Lyft, Pinterest etc. I have been an EM at Yelp via internal movement but not sure how to prepare for EM interviews at bigger tech firms. Do I have to be really strong at data structure, OOD and algorithms questions?
- What happened to the juicy intel people used to post? Bore off with your optician recommendations and is X company dog friendly.. use Yelp and you don’t need to be anonymous to ask the latter
- Upack review Planning to relocate to Seattle. Saw YouTube commercials about ‘upack’ moving company. Yelp has mixed reviews. Just wanted to know if anyone used them? Their quote seems reasonable. Any other moving company recommendations appreciated!
- Hey Reddit, thanks for crippling your mobile site to force me to install your app ☹️🙍😞 Out if any company, surprised to see Reddit crippled their mobile site to force everyone to download their app. I guess business people are in control of Reddit now Soon you will become Yelp.
- Houzz opportunities? A recruiter reached out to me from Houzz for a swe role. Wanted to understand how the company is doing? Seems like a cross between yelp, Pinterest and thumbtack. Does this mean none of their individual biz lines are successful or is there revenue growth very strong?
- Looking for a co-founder / CTO Looking for a Co-founder/CTO for new tech startup! #elasticsearch #beanstalk #lambda Internet company ready to take on Yelp, meetup, DoStuff, etc. Edit: this is for someone who wants to be on the ground floor, help set the foundation and own it. What we are not interested in: trolls, no leadershi
- Yelp Referral Hi there! I was wondering if someone would be open to giving me a referral? I’m applying for a design internship at Yelp—really like the company and its design culture. I would love to send over my portfolio and other relevant details if you’re interested! Thank you so much :)
- Referrals Hello! I’m wondering if there are any kind souls out there that could refer me to Adobe or Yelp? Graduated from a top 20 school, have been with the fruit company for a few years and want to try something different.
- link How to choose moving company? I am moving from Seattle to San Jose next week. My new company gives me a lump sum relocation money and I have to find a mover myself. I seek out several companies. Have very different quotes from everyone. One quote me 6k for moving a 2 badroom + one study size house. One quote me 2.8k but they loo
- Recommend a tax advisor/financial planner? Have been using TaxAct past several years, but this year company got acquired and have a few early exercised stocks, plus have some crypto transactions and lot of robinhood trades! Feel it would be good to get advice from a decent tax guy that can help in planning. On yelp, i see Sanjeev, Sanjay,
- Yelp BizOps I’m currently interviewing for a Bizops Analyst position at Yelp. Has anyone heard about the role and what kind of comp I can except for this role at the company? I have 2 years of consulting experience and background in Stats and Economics. Also, I have an excel time take home assessment coming u
- Is Bing a good place for product managers? I recently got an offer for a senior PM at Bing in Seattle. I am not sure if it is a good place to learn and grow. Some of the folks on my interview panel seemed very mediocre compared to what I have seen in Bay Area. Comp is at par with what I am making but I am not sure if it’s a good career move?
- How to find decent contractors for house work? Just had windows done (10k), and they dinged up all the frames and even scratched some glass (manufacturer replaced it). Had AC installed (7k) and they took a bunch of shortcuts, then asked to borrow money (1k) from me a week later -- told them to f off, I guess I won't be getting warranty work from
- From laid off to 6 offers and 2x TC Sorry this post is late, I know some people were waiting for me to write this TL;DR: Got laid off, was sad, studied hard, did a bunch of interviews, did a bunch of back-to-back onsites, got 6 offers, doubled my previous TC This is my story on how I went from someone that never leetcoded or done a
- Should I accept this offer? I was just recently offered a position of Software Engineer with the Yahoo Mail team doing Android development in Kotlin in Sunnyvale, CA. And I’m slated to start in early January. Today is actually the last day for me to accept it as I was given the official offer two days ago and they said it expi