- vote Sharing my offer numbers from big companies for your reference I see many questions on compensation here and would like to help answer some of them with the limited data I have. I'd like to shed some light on what the industry is paying and also encourage people to negotiate hard. I went on an interviewing spree recently with the big companies for an SWE posit
- Can You Negotiate Google Levels? (SwEng) After a successful onsite, the recruiter is trying to match me with teams. One of the managers I'd potentially be working with said I'd be level 4. Looked that up on levels.fyi and it seems like I'd have way more years of experience than most people at that level - I've been full time Software Engin
- Help needed on bidding offers on home Today was offer deadline on a home in ardenwood Area . Listed price was 1.13 million . We put 1.15 . Seller received 5 offers including ours with highest being 1.176... Selling agent gave everyone a chance to see if they can go higher. We said we will go in at 1.18 and now are very strong contender
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Offers india what to choose? How is work culture and company forecast for GAP hyderabad? Friend has 13 years exp got following offer at gap hyderabad sr.systems engineer 2, grade20 CTC 24lpa. Where he is local Is this good offer comparing to 22lpa offers from ibm, sonata SW, ACCENTURE in Bangalore ?
- Help me with Nvidia ic5 offer $188k base/$60k signing/$210k RSUs I asked for more RSUs. I have a competing offer but recruiter says this is the max Nvidia can offer. I feel like the recruiter isn't even trying. After I got the offer, I asked for more RSUs and straight out he was like this is the max. The competing offer is bette
- When does Amazon's compensation overtake Microsoft's? Amazon's TC for new grad SDEs is about $135k while Microsoft's offers seem to be in the range of $160-180k. It's a pretty big gap and it gets even bigger if you take benefits like 401k match and tuition reimbursement into account. However, the consensus seems to be that Microsoft underpays its seni
- Visa or serviceNow SDET Asking for a friend Have two offers for testing positions from visa and servicenow in Seattle. Pay is almost same with visa being on lower side by 5k per year but I think 401k 200% match it should cover the gap for visa Visa - Senior software test engineer Servicenow- Software quality engineer
- AMZN L5 vs MSFT L63 Current offers: (1) MSFT L63 Data/Applied Scientist: $153k base, $70k RSU grant, $30k signon: TC $193k + $30k first year signon. (2) AMZN L5 Applied Scientist: $150k base, $100k/80k signon, 130 RSUs: TC $260k (first 2 years), $240k (next 2 years if no stock appreciation). My thoughts: - AMZN is co
- Facebook E5 vs google L4 offer I have two offers. One is Google L4 and the other is facebook E5. They have the same TC. The team at google is pretty good but I don't know what the team at facebook will be. I like scalability and ML. I don't know what are the expectations from L4 at google and E5 at facebook. For facebook, if some
- Domain knowledge (SME) does not matter any more.? I am basically an embedded software engineer. I began recently started interviewing companies after gap of 5 years. One of the things I have noticed that , hardly anybody asks questions related domain (Subject matter Expertise). I got couple of offers from startups ( 5 rounds of interviews each) ,
- Mediocre work+better TC or better work+mediocre TC? Current YoE: 6 Current TC: peanuts because msft 😂 I've been interviewing overseas and got a couple of offers: One is a non-senior role (at the top end of pay for intermediate level) in a fast-growing fintech startup, with decent pay (enough for me to live comfortably and save some money). The ot
- PM looking for help deciding on an offer or to take a walk Hey friends, Was laid off two months ago (not performance related, was business/finance related). Had a cluster of interviews that didn’t yield what I had hoped. Only landed one offer, that I am negotiating on Tuesday, but looking for guidance on whether I should proceed or walk and start my search
- One week if insurance gap I recently left Microsoft for Facebook. I was walked out but my last day is jul 27. My first day at Facebook is aug 6 What should I do about the insurance gap? My wife and I are fairly healthy and we have no kids. I just don't want to be caught in some preexisting condition problem for having a one
- Does it take almost same time for H1 transfer to 2 different companies? I got 2 offers and both are for Startups. If the transfer process starts almost on same day then can I expect to get the transfer result for both the companies on almost same day or may be within one week gap maximum. Please let me know!