- vote Sharing my offer numbers from big companies for your reference I see many questions on compensation here and would like to help answer some of them with the limited data I have. I'd like to shed some light on what the industry is paying and also encourage people to negotiate hard. I went on an interviewing spree recently with the big companies for an SWE posit
- What does it take to get a job in this town!!?? I have 6 years Sales, Marketing, and Operations experience and I can't even garner a return phone call from any tech companies! My experience is mainly in retail but I do have an informal technical background. I built my first computer when I was just 12 years old. By the age of 14 I was self taug
- Does industrial espionage exist between Fangs? Say FB wants to collect intelligence on Googles internal infrastructure down to the code level, or to know what Googles new products are in then works. Is it feasible for fb to send one of their employees to interview at Google, say a E6 to an equivalent position at Google. So to boost his chance
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Amazon interview - recycled for TPM from SDE 3 I was just recently passed on for SDE 3 but leveled at L6 TPM. I know this was because I didn't raise the software development bar. I did poorly on my OOD design as this was something I didn't prepare for. I have been doing OOD for over 20 years so I am very comfortable with it, I just did a bad
- link Worth sharing This really resonates!! Reminds me of a time when my spouse did not get a role. Instead it was given to a tall, loud white guy who was clearly not as qualified as her(trust me on this one). But he could go for drinks and talk sports with the manager. My wife on the other hand is brown petite lady
- Cracking interviews I have 2 years of software development experience,had a technical interview today after a long gap,it didn’t go well and i lost my confidence totally,i need to get back on track and move forward,need suggestions on improving interviewing skills,any guidance is appreciated
- Gap tech salary I am interviewing in few companies in SF Bay area for a director role. One of the company I have interview lined up is GAP tech. What's the total compensation looks like.
- vote When to start applying for target Jan 2019 joining date? I'll be giving notice at my current job in Sept and take 2-3 months break for personal stuff. For various family reasons I cannot restart fully committed before Jan 2019. If my goal is to restart at a different company in mid-Jan 2019 or later, (e.g. Airbnb, Adobe, Amazon or other swe positions in
- Gap in employment history Was past gap in employment history (upto a year) an issue for you at your green card interview?
- Prep pointers I have a in-person SOC analyst interview coming up on Monday at a e-commerce company. I have 1.5 yr industry experience and 1.5 years of gap. I need some pointers to prep and crack this interview. Anything technical or general interview tips will be useful. This interview matters to me a lot. Any ad