- link Crypto was just a really bad idea The technology is really not well suited for financial transactions. It's slow. It can't handle scale. It's insecure. It's unreliable. All the things you don't want a currency to be. https://www.ccn.com/190m-gone-how-canada-biggest-bitcoin-exchange-lost-it/amp https://www.forbes.com/sites/donnafus
- Block$$$ - EOS update jumped 100% today. For all of you holding EOS, it’s up something like 100% in 1 day as of this post. Rumors that they are gearing up to announce their major plans with all the crazy money they have is said to be announced in the next few hours. ***also for ETH donations: 0x2DE4CEE193BE5a6e7b80A628c9f0736D2a1CB369
- Comp at a startup - 2 Bn Valuation, 700 odd people Hi all - I am looking for guidance to evaluate an offer ( TC yet TBD) from a fintech startup. They’re valued at around 2 Bn and have under a 1000 people at the moment. I am keeping it obfuscated on purpose - because the startup name+my firm will narrow it down severely otherwise. Currently - I am
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Our startup needs a Netflix experienced engineer Experience level below CTO Could anyone introduce me to some ??:) => post what your start up does Crypto exchange => and exactly what set of skills are already on board, Front end back end engineers Java python linux jenkins 2-5yrs + experienced engineers => and what your looking for. Aws u
- link Bruce Schneier: Blockchain failed to deliver https://www.wired.com/story/theres-no-good-reason-to-trust-blockchain-technology/ What blockchain does is shift some of the trust in people and institutions to trust in technology. You need to trust the cryptography, the protocols, the software, the computers and the network. And you need to trust
- Crypto market adoption bottleneck Where do you guys think we are in terms of crypto adoption (not technology wise, but in terms of people wanting to trade crypto)? I feel like we're still in the early stages by looking at how difficult it is for the regular joe to start trading. The basic exchanges like coinbase and gemini seem to
- System design questions approach non internet tech background I've been a developer for many years but not in internet tech. I've never professionally worked with internet tech like websites or users. Luckily I read a lot about internet technologies. So how do I approach the system design question? I haven't had a system design interview yet so I may be off.