- American Express? I’m talking to them now and they’re saying they’re looking to pay $180k – $190k salary. I’m on my way to the Google on-site, and I’m likely to fail. I’m talking to other companies, and I hate finance (the culture, the pretentiousness, the ‘boys club’ politics), but that’s a pretty high salary IMO—to
- American Express rejection? What? I was told that I’m not technical enough and that I’m better suited for leadership. I don’t get it because I answered all of their questions. I even (very politely) corrected one of the interviewers (and the other interviewer cosigned) at some point with a technical explanation. I’m pretty insulted
- Anyone primarily use American Express? Why?
- How can company like American Express say that we do not sponsor green card? Amex recruiter reached out to me few weeks ago and started having career conversation. Then they told me that if you are looking for Green Card sponsorship then we can not do that? That was shocking for the company of this size.
- American Express software engineer salary range How much do they pay? NYC location TC: 155k
- Does American Express give complimentary card for employees? Is it possible to negotiate a high tier Amex card (like Centurion or The Platinum Charge) as part of the compensation scheme? Has anyone got this benefit?
- Best High Yield Savings account Any recommendation for good high yield savings account? American express offers 2.10% APY savings account. Any catch here?
- What level would I expect to get at FANG I'm currently a vice president of global product management at American Express in New York and have been at this position for 3 years. I'm looking to move to one of the fang companies. Can I expect to get a VP or director title?
- Travel Credit Card I have planned travel coming up which would add up to 5K+ in airfare alone. Any recommendations on credit card I can open to take advantage of the points / rewards FYI: I already took advantage of Chase Preferred and Reserve cards. I was considering Citi Thankyou Premier Card or the American Expre
- Amex platinum travel card Has anyone used the Amex platinum travel card? I’m looking to sign up for a travel card but didn’t get approval for the Chase Sapphire preferred. Looking for pointers on advantages of the American Express. Photo enclosed below..(please ignore expiry date)
- LinkedIn spams again Surprised to see that LinkedIn was showing one unread message. When I opened it, it turned out to be American Express credit card offer. That too they made it look like some recruiter message. WTF is happening with LinkedIn? Please some spam me in my inbox and leave that platform to be used more pr
- Referrals I was last an Account Manager with 5 YOE with mostly project management, brand and product marketing, etc. I currently have interviews with Blackrock and American Express and I'm looking for other top NYC companies to interview with. Spotify, Squarespace, etc. Thanks in advance!
- Credit Card combos Hi all, Wondering what credit cards folks use here to get the best rewards. I use the following. Amazon chase card — use at Amazon and Whole Foods. 5% back. Combo of Wells Fargo cards — propel American Express to collect 3x points on dining out and gas stations. Also pay for Netflix with this.
- Credit rating when moving from abroad? I accepted an offer to work in the Bay Area (TC 500k$+). As I am from Europe, I am of course totally inexperienced with common day to day life there (silly example: I had a hard time finding out that SFH means "Single Family Home" - duh). And I have a ton of basic questions. Here is one (assuming I
- I am off to Canada Just got myself transferred to Canada. Got a PR in 6 months under express entry. After 7 years in the US, I want to say fuck you to the American government. Most incompetent pieces of garbage. I love the country and the people, but the downright racism with this per country cap nonsense is unaccep
- CELA update on H1B extension beyond 6 years Since our last news post about reports that the Administration has been considering ways to restrict H-1B extensions beyond the sixth year, employees have raised questions about how likely it is that the Administration would be able to take such an action. There are two things to know: First, as of