- Doing the needful I have recently found myself working almost purely with people from India, and they are awesome! As a non indian, to blend in, I have already adopted the side to side head nod, and have dropped several 'today morning's in conversation. To kick up my game a notch, how does blind think I can work 'do
- vote Best Tech Companies To Work For In 2019 (in no particular order) : ✓ Jane Street / Two Sigma / Citadel ✓ Google / Facebook / Amazon / Microsoft / Netflix / Apple ✓ Uber / Lyft / Airbnb / Pinterest / LinkedIn ✓ Snap / Twitter / Slack / Palantir / Square / Rubrik ✓ Yelp / Quora / Box / Dropbox / Twitch / Hulu ✓ NVIDIA / Salesforce / Adobe / eBay / PayPal ✓ Stri
- Interesting interview experience at SpaceX I had an eyebrow raising experience in the interview process. I have a doctorate in physics, 30 years of programming experience (since I was a kid, actually, I knew Niklaus Wirth's book by heart in the eighths grade, was writing recursive programs for fractals, knew Fortran, Pascal, C, PDP11 assembl
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- What companies to apply for Software Engineer positions in San Francisco? I am looking for job in the city with 2 yoe. Applied to all big ones. Can anyone suggest some good places to apply now ? Airbnb Facebook Amazon Google Dropbox Quora Salesforce Blend TwoSigma Suggestions Twitter Lyft Square Pinterest Uber Twilio Meraki LinkedIn Intuit Netflix Coinbase Credit Karma
- New Grad SWE Google Ads or Apple Siri Rotational Program Asking for a friend. She has a hard time deciding between the SWE New Grad position at Google Ads and Apple Siri Rotational program. She has a background in machine learning and would love to work on projects with a blend of software engineering and applied machine learning. Total compensation for
- vote How's Blend Labs? It's a fast growing mortgage fintech featured on breakoutlist.com, futureengine.org, and linkedin's top startups. I have a potential referral, but haven't applied yet. I'm considering it for new grad and heard that base is comparable to FAANGs. Obviously options will be paper money, but they look p
- Where to buy casual shirts for under $50? Dont like to tuck. Untuckit is expensive with bad reviews. Need decent quality shirts that dont fade after a few washes. Tried multiple outlets but shirts were either cheap polyester blend or longer in length to qualify as casual untucked. TC 250k
- Transition BA/FA to Program/Product Management Downleveled to a L5 FA when I came in to Amazon, struggled to get to L6 over 2 years and was shot down (I had multiple changes in managers, leadership, and org structure). I could not work with my then manager and transitioned to an L5 BA role on the business side (unique position and could not find
- Question to fellow Indians How do you think Indians blend /integrate with mainstream American culture?In my time I have found Indians largely disconnected and completely isolated with anything American (especially when it comes to dating).Is this a largely first generation immigrant thing ?Interested in opinions and how you
- PM/TPM Compensation Wanted to poll the blind community to see what TC senior PM/TPMs are making in the bay area. Fire away! I’ll start: 300k (12 yoe total, 6 as TPM) PS: yes, i know the difference between PM and TPM but in my current role they both substantially blend hence asking both.
- Offer rescinded from Blend during negotiation A friend of mine was trying to negotiate an offer from Blend with his FB offer and Blend straight up rescinded their offer saying they can’t match. Is this kind of practice normal?
- Equivalence of WH Press Secretary in Tech Is there an equivalence of a white house press secretary in tech? I've always been good at talking and feel like it would be a good blend of my tech and speaking skills. I am more interested in becoming a spokesperson for the goverment regarding tech or representing a big firm in technology. Biotec
- How actively do you make trades in your 401(k)? I’m not an active trader. I want to ask questions before I make any changes. I’m curious how actively everyone is trading in their employer-sponsored accounts, and what types of trades you’ve utilized to get you the best performance. I’ll detail my current situation below. ERISA-compliant 401(k) t
- How is Blend Labs? Good company to join for engineers? Which team is good?
- IT Security Consultant vs IT Security Architect which is better? I am in a unique position to chose my next destination. What should I choose? The job description has a blend of both skills.
- How to negotiate salary at a cryptocurrency startup Joining a crypto startup as a consulting PM. Wondering what an appropriate amount / blend of salary and equity might be. If this was a regular startup I might ask something like $200 / hr for services plus equity, but not sure how to price this given 1. greater variance in equity upside and 2. fact