- vote Investment advice Hi Blind I am 32yo, live in the Bay and am a happy renter, I rent an apartment close to work spending $3000/mo (probably going up this year). I don’t have a family, I just have a long term girlfriend and probably am not going to have kids, not interested. My net worth is 1.5M, all invested in Vang
- Can I justify buying myself a Tesla Model S? So I have this belief that just because you can pay for something it doesn’t actually mean you can afford it. I’m a very frugal person and I have been all my life. I had a very humbling upbringing and I do not come from a lot of money. However, I’ve really grown to like Tesla and I really want to
- Investment Strategies What are the different investment strategies you follow? Like different investment sources, or looking for any patterns before buying something etc. I am very bad at studying patterns to trade stocks etc. Don't plan to buy house for few more years due to visa situation. So I do very basic thing - e
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- 50K extra to invest I have 50K extra to invest, and i have already diversified my other investments to many different areas using: Vanguard 3-fund index fund portfolio ( vtsax, vtiax, vwitx (60/30/10) ), M1Finance 3-fund ETF portfolio ( vti, vxus, vteb (60/30/10), individual company stocks and ESPP (around 80K), Treasu
- How to invest money for non resident aliens? The general consensus I have seen over the web is to buy a Vanguard account and buy ETFs on it. However as a non resident alien, creating a Vanguard account is difficult and am not sure if it is the right path. Currently I have bought some ETFs on Robinhood but that doesn't allow any nominees or do
- Some good investment articles needed for beginners I'm not exactly new to investment. But I've limited myself to tech stocks, CDs, wealthfront, and high interest savings. I plan to start researching more about the right kind of investments for me in vanguard, non-tech stocks, real estate investment sites like fundrise, peerstreet,etc. But meanwhile
- How to keep my investments internationally available? My future in the USA is uncertain (#h1bmasterrace) Where should I park my investments so i have minimal headaches if I do leave? I have a vanguard brokerage account and a fidelity 401k. I have heard that after FATCA, these companies do not play nice with people no longer in the US
- Buying individual stocks Assuming I diversify by buying ETFs or index funds through Vanguard, does it make sense to buy individual stocks for speculative gambling with say 10% of my investments?
- Using vanguard vs Schwab brokerage account Folks, New to investing and planning to spend an year or two with just indexes and mutual funds until I learn the art of reading balance sheets and earnings to venture into stocks. I started with a brokerage account both on vanguard and Schwab to start with. Liked the simplicity of vanguard and i
- Roth Fund Selection Hi folks. I'm about to do the yearly $5.5K backdoor Roth and wanted to ask about fund selection. I already own Vanguard Total Market Index in my brokerage account. It's a very tax-efficient fund, and since Roth has tax advantages I wanted to leverage that by placing less tax-efficients funds there.
- Anyone here uses TillerHQ.com? https://www.tillerhq.com/ I use Google sheets to track my investments. Once in a while, I go and update me positions/quantities in the sheet, then use GOOGLEFINANCE API to get the actual Dollar amount of my positions. I have accounts with several providers (Trad.ira & Roth ira with Fidelity, broke