- Compass Can anyone tell me how’s it like working there? Got an offer as new grad
- Compass Compensation Does Compass try to compete with FANG or tech company unicorns on compensation?
- Choosing onsites: PlanGrid vs Compass vs WePay? Due to timing and schedule reasons, I could only go to one of those companies for onsite interviews. I like all 3 companies so I need some advice on which one of them to proceed. I’m interviewing for a SDE position. What I like about PlanGrid: 2. Relatively unique industry (construction). 3. Relati
- Amazon to Buy Compass Real Estate? Any truth to rumors?
- Interview process at Compass, Redfin and Cruise Automation? After a long time at FB, I am thinking of venturing out. Any one willing to share their interview experience at Compass / Redfin and Cruise Automation for PM role? Considering Uber and Lyft as well, mostly due to the equity upside. I heard Lyft is giving $2m worth of RSUs when you join at a Senior l
- What are some fun/cool engineering teams at Compass? Expecting an offer soon, preferably backend/fullstack teams.
- Compass Word on the street is that Compass is on the cusp of closing on the purchase of several of the remaining independent brokerage firms in the East Coast wealth corridor — NY, NJ, CT, FL. They are also reportedly getting into the property management business in Manhattan through the purchase of at lea
- Compass TC Just got offer from compass as full stack dev. How much is the tc I should ask? Yoe 4.
- Compass interview experience? Have onsite next week with Compass. There is very less information about compass interviews online. Anyone recently attended their interview? What to expect? TC: 350k YoE: 10
- Compass Acquisition Of Contactually Does Compass’ acquisition of contactually solidify their play to “become the amazon of real estate”? They are acquiring the preferred contact database of the real estate industry all over America. Would appreciate your thoughts, as I am considering working there.
- Compass vs. StreetEasy / Zillow Does anyone have strong views about the potential for either of these two companies to become the “Amazon of Real Estate”? StreetEasy seems to be executing in a methodical way and engineers who work there seem to have high confidence in the company. Compass has a dream team in terms of engineering
- Compass Engineering and Product Compass headquartered at NYC seems to a unicorn poised to grow and dominate real estate market. Anybody know about their engineering and product culture? They seem to have recently hired senior leadership in engineering from big corps so is interesting but could also turn into a disaster if there ar
- Compass offer packages? Can recent sr level hires at Compass share their package? Obviously they won’t be able to match my current TC I think, but is there any equity upside like it was at Uber / Airbnb at one point? Current TC: 360K YOE: 10+
- Compass interview result Interviewed with 3 weeks back, they still didn't get back on the result. I sent a reminder to the recruiter and didn't get any reply. I know I probably didn't make it, but what kind of company does this? Is it so Difficult to trigger an automatic email that the candidate didn't make it? Also the i
- Compass to buy NYC brokerage firm Stribling? Will Compass break into the Uptown co-op market by buying one of the major legacy firms? Stribling? Elliman?
- link Having a beard and owning a compass seen as ‘extremist tendencies’ in China But you can't understand China from the outside, apparently 🤔 https://www.news.com.au/world/asia/having-a-beard-and-owning-a-compass-seen-as-extremist-tendencies-in-china/news-story/d0a2cfcdf1b07c2f9478a6a68f5359a2
- What are some good potential early-mid stage startups in NYC? ...other than Uber, Lyft, wework, oscar, compass which are at their late+ stage.. Thanks TC: 215K @nyc @startups
- Looking for referrals Senior Product Manager. 4 YOE Looking for referrals at: Top Dogs: Amazon Lyft Real Estate Companies: AirBnB Compass Shogun Bungalow Finance Companies: Roofstock Common Robinhood Roostify Much love
- Mortgage Financing/Real Estate Startups? I am looking for PM jobs in the mortgage financing space in the Bay Area and New York, but open to other areas. It's surprising how few startups there are given its a trillion dollar industry. Any leads? So far I have found: Better Mortgage Opendoor LendingHome Redfin Fundrise My background: 4 yoe
- why shouldn’t I BS? I am an intern who has worked at a few companies so far. If I were to honestly evaluate myself, I would describe them as failures because of my work ethic, skill and honestly. I like to think I have a moral compass but the tech culture has so much leisure and luxury that I find myself taking advanta
- Chris Watts Just saw a documentary on how he went about killing his daughters , unborn child and wife. How did the moral compass get so skewed? He was having hot sex with his girlfriends all along and posting videos of him and his daughters on social media at the same time. Isn’t it just better for all the sex
- Amzn L5/SDE2 => Google Salary? I'm an SDE 2 at Amazon interviewing with Google at Seattle. Looking for some realistic upper bounds on salary negotiation. My current base is 110, my total comp is 180. I have 6yrs XP. At Amazon I am a year or two away from reaching SDE3 (according to my mgr and skip mgr) I feel like 180+ is a lo
- From where I am standing (Europe)... ...I really get the feeling that the clever, smart, funny and compassionate people with a decent moral compass seem to be democrats and liberals... And the fact that republicans and Trump are doing so well in the rural areas is because he fires up the people by telling them it’s ok to hate those go
- Lyft Level 5 vs Uber for PM role Hey, I am currently a PM at FB. I have decided to move on and currently have multiple offers, notable ones are from Uber, Lyft, Cruise and Compass. I really wanted to get into RE Tech but Compass is cheap ass with their offers and equity they offered was 1/10 of my offers from Uber / Lyft. Cruise i
- link Bloomberg: FB employees commiserate on Blind over corporate scandal "Most discussion at Facebook happens on the company’s workplace version of the social network, in various company groups. But when the news is about Facebook’s leadership, some employees have found it easier to talk when they’re unnamed. They used Blind, the anonymous employee chat app, to raise the
- Working long time at one place vs switching every few years So I've been with Goldman almost 4 years (joined straight out of college) and I see many people jump around every 2-3 years. Many of my friends have switched companies at least once in this period. I'm kinda starting to feel the FOMO to change companies even though my current situation is pretty goo
- I just can't keep going to work every day When I joined FAANG five years ago and started living in the Western world, it felt all dreams came true. I felt valued. I felt like I finally can become a worthy human being. For the first time in my life I was excited about building my own future. Then the shit happened (the details at the end of