- Is PhD useful ? I joined industry straight out of undergrad, and I quite like working in the industry. Yet, there is also a 'what-if' feeling inside about having done a PhD. Also, many times, I get asked by people doing their undergrad for advices on whether they should join a PhD program or join the industry. To
- Hottest tech to work for in London? Here's my subjective ranking: 1. Deepmind, Revolut, Deliveroo, palantir 2. Monzo, Facebook, Amazon, Google, thought machine, starling 3. Justeat, uber...
- Google team transfer to Waymo I will be joining Google really soon and was wondering how easy the internal transfers are. I am specifically interested in transferring to Waymo. Can someone share their experience transferring from a regular team (i.e. search, ads, Youtube, Maps, etc) to some specialized team (Waymo, Brain, DeepMi
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Math / physics / cs phd worth it? Been working in AI product development for past 3 years. Need more growth and want to be involved in the cutting edge of research, or working at a place like DeepMind. I love math and physics (majored in math, read dozens of physics textbooks for fun) but I’ve always heard that a phd in those subje
- Google DeepMind Onsite Interview I have an onsite coming up where the recruiter said it would include a 30 min round of cultural alignment and 30 min of workstyle and motivation. Anyone has an idea about what might be asked.
- Deepmind Nervous I won’t cut it but is it more valuable that Facebook on the resume? Googles, what’s your impression of deepmind - they told me they’re like the Google of 2004.
- DeepMind at Google What’s the deal with these guys? Some people seem to think they’re brilliant, others think they're just a Google PR arm. How hard is it to get a SWE job there, either London or MTV? Seems like they're growing pretty fast. Worth applying to London HQ as Brexit is getting sorted out?
- Salary and TC at Deepmind? In another online forum, I have a compsci student insisting that starting *salaries* for a newly minted PhD working AI at Deepmind is $500k . I think this is horseshit and am looking for data to back that up.
- vote Google Cloud GKE or DeepMind (MTV)? I was working in an ML team as SWE and I have two options now: DeepMind (@MTV) or Cloud GKE team? I don't have strong preference to stay in the ML world, tech infra is okay.
- Alphabets (non-Google) comp? Equity? Are non-Google bets (Verily, Calico, DeepMind, Waymo, X) not compensated in GSUs? I’ve heard Verily at least is in stock options. Are the levels or salary bands different too?
- Can Googlers refer at DeepMind? Same as above.
- DeepMind and FAIR - facebook AI research salary Hi any engineers working in the deepmind google or FAIR groups ? How is the compensation for ML engineers and engineers in this group . How's the work . Does the team push solutions to production too or mostly work on research and tools for research solutions .
- AI and its impact on employment So I see this topic come up in other threads and thought it would be interesting to ask. With Google’s DeepMind beating a grand master Go player, and even teaching its self to “walk”... it’s becoming apparent AI is crossing a boundary from just picking from a list of predetermined paths, to actual
- Google/Alphabet transfer How acceptable is it to change teams within Google? Is there an official minimum? Does it vary with seniority? Is transfer possible to other Alphabet properties, such as Verily, Waymo, DeepMind, Calico? Is it easier to apply as a Google employee than external?
- Applying to DeepMind vs Google I'm considering a move to London. Are applications to DeepMind and Google unified in some way, or are they independent? If the latter - are there key differences in the application and interview process that one should be aware of? Thanks.
- What does it take to work at DeepMind Is it only for PhDs with excellent dissertations?
- What is like to be a Product Manager in deepmind? I’m particularly interested in their Health, applied department.
- ML research jobs around Seattle with good compensation. I have 10 years of experience working with ML in major web search engine companies. My passion is ML/AI research though (think DeepMind, Google Brain, OpenAI etc). The problem is that I'm not doing any real research at work. Microsoft has MSR, but most of other companies are just doing infra around