- DiDi offer evaluation Recently got an offer from DiDi Base: 180k Target bonus: 30k RSU: 100k/yr This makes it TC of ~310k How is DiDi in terms of success and culture? I hear a lot of bad things about Chinese companies’ culture and WLB. Should I take it or try to negotiate for more (how much more)? Any advice would he
- Didi chuxing negotiation Just got didi offer. Hr asked me for salary expectation . What should I say?? Also I think it’s preipo... so not sure what to ask
- Uber vs DiDi offer I have offers for both companies. I have 6 years of experience. DiDi compensation is as follows: Base: 165k Bonus: 27k RSUs: 6000 ($50 per unit on most recent valuation) over 4 years, 1 year cliff TC: 267K Uber, will make the offer as Software Engineer II, but they haven't given me the numbers ye
- link Didi vs. Waymo vs. Uber vs. Lyft The race is on as ride sharing is shifting to autonomy. Which company is in the best position to win? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-autoshow-beijing-didi/china-ride-hailing-giant-didi-eyes-purpose-built-fleet-as-auto-market-shifts-idUSKBN1HV05Z
- ML at DiDi labs Recruiter reached out to me for ML research position at DiDi. What is the interview like and how is it as a place to work? (I'm kind of excited because I'm hoping I'll get to spend some time working in China as well 😁, is that option there?) Current TC - 320k +/- $\epsilon$
- link Do top Chinese tech companies pay as well as FANG? Baidu. ... Alibaba. ... Tencent. ... JD.com. ... Didi. ... Huawei. ... Xiaomi. Anyone work there or interviewed?
- Concern about Uber Business I just realized that Uber doesn’t have a dominant big market. Is it possible that DIDI will massive subsidize rides in Australia to gain market share from Uber as it has cash and a big source of revenue from China. So it’s like DIDI will utilize its profit to eat the pie from Uber little by little
- Chinese companies in Silicon Valley Anyone works at Chinese companies in Silicon Valley? Like Alibaba Tencent Didi etc? How’s the overall culture and pay? What’s the difference compared to other companies in the valley? Do they give out stocks?
- vote Uber + Ola is next http://www.business-standard.com/article/companies/ola-uber-in-talks-to-merge-in-india-deal-said-to-be-brokered-by-softbank-118032800774_1.html Uber gave up Chinese market to Didi; South East Asian market to Grab; Russian to Yandex Taxi, and next may be the Indian and potentially Australian market
- Said there are 164 unicorns in China worth a combined US$628.4 billion, which has galloped well ahead of the US by number (132 according to the recent research) 1) Alibaba Group Holding’s finance arm Ant Financial / 75bn 2) Taxi hailer Didi Chuxing /56bn 3) Smartphone heavyweight Xiaomi / 46bn (to go IPO at 70bn in HK soon) 4) Al
- Opinion on ML at these startups Was reached out by the following startups for positions of lead ml engineer/ chief data scientist. Just wanted opinions on how they are doing, whether it's a good career move. Course hero Mixpanel Bolt Gusto Didi labs I've eliminated those I wouldn't want to consider. Current TC is approx 230k in
- vote Twilio vs Amazon Have offers from both of them. From work, manager, and team perspective Twilio is exciting but Amazon TC is 25% higher than Twilio and no more negotiation with Twilio. Don't know more details about work, manager, the team at Alexa yet. Being early in the career, care more about learning opportunit
- link Will Uber sell it's South East Asian business to Grab? Grab’s $2 billion fundraising, announced on Monday and led by SoftBank, has changed the ride-hailing game in that region, giving the Singapore-based firm what may be an unassailable advantage. Uber may have to consider selling its assets to Grab. That is an enormous turnaround on the situation for
- Travel Expense Policies & Scrutiny? I'm mainly looking to see how culture is regarding travel, expense policies, etc. Let me know how it is at your company! My story: I joined Apple knowing I'd travel a lot, but I did not expect the ridiculous hoops I had to jump through for expense reports. I'm far from a guy who abuses expense poli