- Best Funds for HSA investment Help me with the Best funds among below: American Funds Capital World Gr&Inc F2 BlackRock Equity Dividend Inst Dodge & Cox Income Fidelity Low-Priced Stock John Hancock Fdmlt Large Cap Core Lord Abbett High Yield Neuberger Berman Genesis Fund - INST Oppenheimer Developing Markets Inst Schwab Tar
- 100% VTWAX Is Vanguard Total World Stock Index Fund Admiral Shares hype?
- Vanguard index funds Im new to the investment game. I have my brokerage account with fidelity through Microsoft. Im looking to invest in index funds 40% Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund 30% Vanguard Total International Stock Index Fund 30% Vanguard Total Bond Market Index Fund But all these Vanguard index funds
- Advice for wealth management I am considering to open a/c with Vanguard to manage my portfolio around 100k. They charge 0.3% annually. Has anyone used this? Would you recommend? I chose Vanguard because of wide variety of funds available. Also, earlier I was thinking to buy home or rental property instead, but I feel I lost op
- Reduce stock portion in 401k? Currently I am using Target date fund in vanguard that puts 90% in stock. Given the bear market, shall I force lower percentage for stock? Have you guys done that?
- Calculating returns of Vanguard funds ? How does one calculate the returns of any vanguard fund For ex - VTSAX has grown 8% in stock price in last year but yearly return is advertised at 11%. Do they assume the dividend re invested ? Any other catch to find a good vanguard fund ?
- High Yield Saving vs all in stock I want to park 40k for long term investment. It’s little but nonetheless... I can open Marcus (by Goldman and seems to have better service and rating than Ally) vs buying more stocks (MSFT vs GOGL) vs more in Vanguard. What would you do? I was thinking 10k as emergency fund in saving account and t
- How to invest 40K cash I just got a signing bonus of 40K. I want to invest but worried that this might be a bad time to invest in stock market. Don't want to do crypto. Thinking of buying an index fund from Vanguard but still worried of this never ending bull market. What do I do? Invest in bond and transfer to index fund
- Vanguard Wellesley fund (VWINX) for short-term investment I have recently used personalcapital.com, which suggested me that i have too much money sitting in online savings account (150K) (1.3% yield) and i should consider stock market. I already have a 3-fund portfolio of 40K in vanguard other than this money) but based on this suggestion, i’m planning to
- Vanguard Portfolio Advice I have around 75k in vanguard admiral index funds: Total stock market index: 30k Small cap: 15k Total bond index: 15k Total international: 13k What do you guys think? I will be putting more more, should I rebalance? Update: I’ll be putting 50k more. So it will look like: Total Stock: 50k Small c
- 401k: brokerage & portfolio selection Which brokerage do you use: vanguard, or fidelity? And, when you choose the investment portfolio how do you pick the selection, specially if you are a risk-averse person like me. Just to share, my current vanguard election has something like 90% equity + 10% bonds allocation, which was set by defau
- Why banks won’t loan for stocks? I invest pretty much all my savings in the stock market (1M+ currently invested in Vanguard index funds) but... why is that banks make it incredibly easy for people to borrow cheap money for houses or businesses, whereas if I went to Bank of America asking them for a loan to invest into Bank of Amer
- All you experienced investors, advice for the new/young/inexperienced guys... I see a lot of “which stock should I invest in posts” and this is NOT that. I want to know if any of the guys who have made a silent killing from investing if they had any tips for the young/inexperienced guys like me? I get vanguard and r/wallstreetbets are great places to start, but I’d rather h
- Mutual fund(index funds) investment practical guide? Hi, I have been doing some reading about mutual fund investment. Specially about investing in low cost index funds and its investment. Now that I have some theoretical knowledge, I would like to start my investment. One problem I am facing is how to start. Like for stock, i can use robinhood plat
- Zero-coupon Muni / US treasury bonds I want to keep my home downpayment grow for 3-4 years after which i will but a home. I put the downpayment money in three-fund index fund portfolio earlier, with 50/50 stock/bond ratio, but i was suggested that this is risky. I’m now looking to buy zero-coupon muni / US bonds instead. Where can I bu
- What do you do with your investments during volitile market conditions? Wide swings in the market are obviously hammering 401k and investment accounts. I've already taken steps to minimize impact by investing 401k in targeted date index funds and investment account is primarily low cost Vanguard index funds. I do have some company stock which has done reasonably well an
- Is it a good investment technique to buy same big company stocks every month? Being a private company, I don't get any stock options. All the income I get is in cash. As I hear in Blind that a lot of folks get RSUs and earn a lot from them, I was thinking of ways I can try to catch up wrt TC. Today, I invest any left over money in the beginning of every month into Vanguard ET
- vote Schwab vs. Fidelity I’m looking for a brokerage to do free trades of any stock or ETF in a Roth IRA account. So all that I care about is: - should provide Roth IRA account - free trades of any stock, ETF - high yield money market funds with low expense ratio where I can park cash I do not care about the brokerage’s in
- Why is everyone obsessed about housing? Why is everyone on blind so maniacal about buying a house? Especially in the Bay, you lock in hundreds of thousands of dollars for down payment and you ensure yourself a life of slavery by paying an insanely fat mortgage every month that puts so much stress on you, then 3 years from now you change
- Financial advice Edited post! Initial Q was if Robinhood Gold is worth it. I maintain $140k worth portfolio in stocks and ETFs and been on the Robinhood app for 2 years. I’m not into frequent trades yet and invest about $4k a month on FANG like companies and on random stock picks going by the app’s top stocks list
- Roth Fund Selection Hi folks. I'm about to do the yearly $5.5K backdoor Roth and wanted to ask about fund selection. I already own Vanguard Total Market Index in my brokerage account. It's a very tax-efficient fund, and since Roth has tax advantages I wanted to leverage that by placing less tax-efficients funds there.
- 50K extra to invest I have 50K extra to invest, and i have already diversified my other investments to many different areas using: Vanguard 3-fund index fund portfolio ( vtsax, vtiax, vwitx (60/30/10) ), M1Finance 3-fund ETF portfolio ( vti, vxus, vteb (60/30/10), individual company stocks and ESPP (around 80K), Treasu
- Should I accept this offer? I was just recently offered a position of Software Engineer with the Yahoo Mail team doing Android development in Kotlin in Sunnyvale, CA. And I’m slated to start in early January. Today is actually the last day for me to accept it as I was given the official offer two days ago and they said it expi
- Worth switching to FAANG for less comp? Hello Blind, I am severely burned out and depressed by my current job situation, so I hope I could get some wise advice. I have 8yoe and I was an early employee at a startup that is growing quite well. As a result, my compensation is significantly high due to valuation increase, and I am currently