- Is MBA worth it? 250k tuition. 2 years lost income. Making only 200k out of MBA doing consulting. From a comp perspective MBA seems like a bad financial deal. Are there any benefits to getting a top tier MBA?
- Hiring veterans vs. Hiring people who happen to be veterans What's everyone's experience with veterans or as a veteran? I'm a vet (Navy Surface Warfare Officer) and I think there is a big disconnect in a lot of companies when it comes to hiring veterans. Ross Perot (a fellow academy grad) once said he could teach a monkey to program, but leadership is some
- Companies paying more Tc than fang Do management consulting companies like McKinsey, bcg, pwc pay more than fang? Do they need MBA degree? Are there any other companies paying more than fang.
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- How to climb the ladder and become a director of Analytics Hello. My manager left the company on his accord as he was pissed with his incompetent VP. VP was directly managing me for few months Finally, the leadership team realized that my VP of Analytics is really incompetent and let him go. Now I am directly reporting to a different VP who came from eBa
- Did I choose the wrong field? I’m surrounded by men all the time and 65% of them have autism including me. What do I do to fix this problem? Hoping getting an MBA will bring me out of this SWE sausage fest. 290k 2.7
- Will CS masters help me? BSEE + MBA + 12 yoe I started in HW, then systems + eng mgmt + program mgmt. Want to be able to do cutting edge AI/ML work, and I’ll be honest, I’d like some elite TC too. I’m in SoCal, top TC was 230 at SpaceX with high stress, now my TC is 190 with no stress. Some of my friends from SpaceX are pulling 300+ at Lyft, U
- Online MBA during SAHM time? My wife is home with the kids and will be for the better part of a decade. She’s thinking of doing an online MBA with Gies / Illinois. She’s got no business background and was professionally a senior Business Analyst in a bank when we founded a family. I’m looking for experience with this MBA or any
- corporate finance job in austin how should i approach getting a corp finance job. current getting my mba with a concentration in finance. i am current a data analyst and have no previous finance background. also i am currently in austin
- PM role with a SDE title I work as a PM with an SDE title its very hard convince a recruiter that I have PM experience Even-though I have a MBA Degree. Is there anyone else with the same problem? Being on a Visa makes it more tuff to switch jobs ?
- Help with my TC I’m a Product Manager/Owner and would like some advice on my TC -YOE: 2 years as a digital PM (web, salesforce) -YOE: 5 including Scrum Master/Agile Coach -Finishing up my MBA from an excellent school on east coast in one month; Aug 2019 TC: 107k base, 10% bonus, 3% annual merit, no equity. Promoti
- Banking to Marketing Im currently working in commercial banking, have ba in marketing and mba in finance but want to pursue a career in marketing/product management. what is the best way to remarket myself without going back to school.
- MBA for Product Managers - worth it? Is it worth it to get your MBA as a PM if you are interested in pursuing a career further in the product world? Any other masters degrees that are more with the cost in time and money?
- Need advice for marriage Hi blinders, I am indian residing in india only and is looking for a working woman for marriage. Obviously, I met a girl in arrange marriage setup. Her family liked me. My family liked her. We both liked each other but only thing is that girl does not want to continue work after marriage (currentl
- Help a clueless 22yo be smart with money starting my first job out of school in a month and have been very fortunate to have 0 debt bc full ride. want to be financially responsible and was wondering if anyone here had any advice to offer outside of what the sidebar on /r/personalfinance laid out. details: 22yo moving to high COL area (DC
- Engineering -> Top 3 MBA? Hi! I am currently in an engineering role (5 years in) at Microsoft and have been admitted to an MBA from Harvard/Stanford/Wharton. My long-term plan is to be > VP level at a top tech company. Why should/shouldn't I go for my MBA now?
- Weekend MBA from Wharton or leetcode master? What should I plan for next 2years? Should I work hard and aim for wharton school of business or become leetcode master? TC: 145k in colorado @oracle. MS in computer science 5 yoe
- How's the brand of the Cambridge MBA in silicon valley? Is it perceived as well as top US schools?
- Advancing in Finance I'm currently working as a Sr. Financial Analyst in Bay Area. What do you guys recommend on learning and advancing faster in the field? MBA? CFA? Coding? I have a friend that is telling me the field is changing rapidly and tech will change the dynamics of the field so hold off on getting an MBA.
- Mba I am a software engineer working in a top hft firm with 3+ years of work experience, I am planning to do an MBA from one of the top b-schools in the US. Is it worth the financial risk considering I will have to take a loan for the entire thing.
- MBA Advice - Product Management Been in tech consulting for 5 years. About to start my MBA and am hoping to pivot to product management at FAANG. Any advice on things to focus on during my MBA, classes to take, opportunities to seek out, etc.?
- How to get into Product Management/Owner Role from direct a Software Engineer position? I love the way product owners work to define a roadmap and work their way to make the team build a new feature/product. Im just a new hire software engineer at Salesforce and I want to know how to work towards becoming a Product Owner. I do not intend to work for 7-10years more as a software develo
- Uber Offer Evaluation - L5 Manager (Non engineering) Base: $150k RSU: 185k/ 4 Target bonus: 20k No sign-on Location: SF YOE: 8 years in the line of work; 10 years overall + FT MBA I have a competing offer and am negotiating for a better base at Uber. What do you think of the offer? What would you ask for? I am currently interviewing at Amazon, Lyft
and industry lounge.
- MBA Preparation I'm thinking to start studying for MBA, so I have a few questions . What MBA school were you ? How long did it take you to get into the program? How much did you spend on your degree ? We're there any unexpected obstacles you ran into ? Any relevant advice is appreciated.
- Career Guidance - Prod Mgmt vs Data Science Hello folks, I am in a mid-life career crisis here so I was hoping to receive some guidance from fellow Bliind'ers who know better. My current official job title is Product Manager and it has been so for the past 3 years with the company. However I have rarely got to do any real work related to Pr
- Feel like a loser - Pls help me Embedded software developer Tc: 105k Relocation:5k Yoe:3 Location: Bay area No stocks or rsu People with my experience make 1.5 times as much and a good chunk in stocks. I feel the only way I can now escape being low balled is by getting an MBA from a good school. Will a weekend mba from a go
- Looking for advice: is a Harvard/Stanford MBA worth the time and expenses? I recently joined Google as L3 with zero work experience. My long term goal (in 15 years) is to be a Director/VP at Google (maybe a different team). I may also decide to pursue a venture of my own after the said time period. Will an MBA be helpful towards this goal (consider 2 years of time investme
- Advice needed!! Hi I am a 27yo working for GM as a test engineer. I am interested to move to California. I see there are lot of software jobs. I have a bachelors in EE power systems. I do not see as many positions for this. Is it wise for me to do MS in CS/MBA to get into FANG? I never coded much my entire life how
- link PM Interview Prep Plan: How I got PM offers from Google, Expedia, Microsoft, and Facebook Five months ago I got fedup with the crap culture at Amazon (needs a separate post) and decided to start working on my game plan for interviews at tech companies. Now, I have three offers from the tech companies - Expedia is travel not in the same league I know. No trolls please. Profile: CS Engine
- vote MS in US vs B-school in Europe? I'm working as a software developer for almost 4 years now, and after working in the India offices of two American tech. companies, I'm not impressed at all, to say the least. The compensation and benefits might be much better than many other opportunities, but the politics, poor work and not so gre
- I need YOUR help finding a completely new career; my blind brothers and sisters... HELP ME FIND A NEW CAREER! I’m going crazy trying to figure out which career I’d enjoy and be good at. I can list some qualities of mine and I hope the fine people on Blind can help me figure it out. ===Career choices I’ve considered=== Possible roles I’ve been considering and why. High TC and fa
- link Settle down in San Diego or rent in the bay Household income of 340k TC in San Diego. Decent new construction homes are 1.3MM here https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Diego/Sendero/Plan-2/home/147533783 Older smaller homes can be had for $800k with a short < 10 min commute. https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Diego/8814-Via-Andar-92122/home/4869945 I
- H1-B transfer to FANG : another RFE Undergrad : EE (India) MBA from Top 5 US university 5 years experience as SWE + 10 years as a PM at MSFT. Currently L66 at MS. New role is also PM. Just learned I got an RFE via premium processing. Don't know the reason yet as its in the mail and the lawyers don't yet have it. I've had 3 H1 exte
- Visa transfer approved today (after RFE) Posting an update to hopefully keep up the morale of folks who have an RFE. Today my H1 visa transfer was approved. I received a specialty occupation RFE. Lawyers took almost 2 months to reply. Today received electronic notification via myuscis that the visa was approved. Hang in there guys. Und
- MBA at age 30 Would you go to bschool at age 30 and sacrifice 2 years of salary to enable a career change? Pros and cons?
- Online MBA Is online MBA waste of time? Even if from “highly regarded program” that’s offered from UNC?
- Moving to Florida Hey colleagues, I’m just wondering how much is a good TC in case I’m moving to Florida from NYC. Years of experience: 5 ; Msc; Mba; development and management background. I’m also interested any FAANG present there ? #compensation #florida
- 30 year old thinking to start phd vs MBA 30 year old with masters and 8 YOE. Thinking if I should go for MBA or Phd. What does my blind friends suggest? TC: 380K
- 35 w/MBA too late to switch to Coding? I'm 35 with an MBA and 10 years of experience in commercial banking underwriting. I'm interested in coding and data analytics but I have a mortgage and a family and I can't afford to spend $20K on a boot camp and start at a job making a lot less money. Is it worth trying to teach myself at night?
- Is MBA at Anderson (UCLA) worth? Is it worth doing MBA at UCLA worth the time and money? I heard people talking about doing mba from a top school, but is UCLA considered to be a top school?
- Ramp up for non tech post mba I am in a non tech role post mba. It has been a month and I barely know anything and it has been a struggle. I proactively set up 1:1 time with people and try to learn as much as possible but it's a complex business with a lot of stakeholders and my scope is ambiguous. My team is nice but everyone i
- Value of MBAs at non top 10 schools in Tech I'm consider getting a part time MBA, with the goal of opening up doors for the later stages of my career outside of engineering (ex: leadership or PM). Generally, I get the feedback that if you don't go to a top 10 school it won't add much to your network and value to an employer. However, doing a
and industry lounge.
- My fall from grace: how I ended up at Amazon I told this story to a few MBA interns and will repeat it here. In high school, I was an academic superstar and was fortunately accepted by my dream college. I did well there, worked in finance afterwards, and then returned to my alma mater to get my MBA. I had hoped to transition into private
- Need career advice! I am in a situation where I have no idea what should I do next! I am developer and have 8 years exp. My work has been mostly on clouds technologies (Salesforce,AWS, Heroku). I think my growth is stagnant now but want to grow more. Any suggestions on what should I do next?Here are few things I am t
- Harvard MBA while at FAANG Which of the FAANG and similar companies help sponsor MBA at Harvard? What are the rules? me: SDE II at Amazon
- Indian MBA women so arrogant I am a indian dude. I am talking to a few Indian women in the context of potentially getting married. Many of these women work in tech companies in the Bay Area. If someone is somewhat attractive, they are extremely arrogant. They seem dominating in nature, especially the MBA types. The engineering
- Should I get my MBA! I do corp finance, i dont want to do corp finance forever. I want to do consulting eventually for a firm that focuses on conservation finance or impact investing. I feel that a mba might open doors from me. Mba from top 10-12 school is the goal. Any advice?
- Noogler Laptop recommendation Starting soon for android team. What laptop do most people use? Chrome book wouldn’t work well with android right ? I’m thinking MacBook Air or MBP. Is MBA fast enough ?
- Having a MBA for a Level 6 vs 5 at Amazon I have interviewed multiple times at Amazon and always gotten a level 5 offer. This is in the supply chain org. I have a masters in engineering with 5 yrs in the factory and 2 years in supply chain. Will doing a MBA probably part time get a level 6 offer?
- There is no counter culture in tech anymore There are no new Steve Jobs and Steve Wozniaks out there anymore. Where are the hippies? Where are the freaks? The punks? They've been replaced by a bunch of psychotic MBA sociopaths who only care about money. When Jobs and Wozniak started Apple they were obsessed with taking down the corporate who
- Google - supply chain on-site Hi! I will be having my on-site interview with Google in the coming weeks. It's for a supply chain PM role. Anyone can share experience for this type of position? Haven't found resources on Blind and thought some might have some info to share. Thanks! TC: $120k YOE (SCM): 1 Total YOE: 7 + MBA