- Not Attracted to Husband Husband is very loving, but I'm just not attracted to him. I love my husband. I convinced him that I need to move to Seattle for my job, but I just wanted to avoid anything to do with intimacy as I didn't want to confront this topic. Having been in Seattle for over 6 months now, I have made a lot of
- vote Am I insane to quit my 400k remote job? Director at current company, managing a dozen of engineers. Due to stock appreciation, TC 400k. I only work 6 hr/day if not traveling. Mainly remote, in a low COL area. Travel is about once every other month. I was happy until a recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. I went through the interview
- Failed Amazon Interview Last week I went onsite at Amazon’s Seattle office, for SDE II. The problems were fine, experience and feedback was positive, however I was told they won’t move forward. Felt like lost hope after all these preparation but I can not even pass an Amazon interview.
and industry lounge.
- TPM at Amazon - Shall i take it ! i recieved a TPM offer at amazon (seattle) with significant pay raise. i am hearing horror stories about the company. Shall i take it? is extra money worth it ? edit : I’m comfortable at my current position. Extra money attracted me. current TC : 180k amazon TC : 275k.
- Best Midwest Tech Companies? Currently in Seattle and loving it so far, but can definitely see myself settling down in a less tech-y part of the country after a few years. I'm not expecting the same comp given from FAANG or anything but wanted to see if anyone knows of any solid tech companies in the Midwest that would comp as
- vote Tesla model-3 RWD vs AWD for seattle weather torn between the two options. RWD is ~10k cheaper.
- Microsoft: Are linux engineers second class citizens? From their offer it certainly looks like the case Yoe: 13 with open source contributions( not marvell) TC: 300k (Bay Area) Microsoft offer for L63: 160k/100k 4 yrs vesting/30k Location: Seattle This is infact revised offer but I haven’t told them my current yet. But really upset at this offer. I
- Hookups? Seattle, tech bro and brown is a deadly combination. I have almost forgotten how sex feels like. While I am actively trying to meet new people and find someone for a meaningful relationship, what about short term getting laid. Is getting a hooker the only way out?
- Top 5 Paying Tech Companies in Seattle Aside from Amazon, Google, Microsoft, and Facebook...who are the top 5?
- Offer evaluation : Amazon vs Microsoft YOE : 8 years Current TC : 180k Location: Seattle. Not going to share team details to maintain anonymity ================================== Amazon offer Org : AWS Level L5 Base : 145K 1st year bonus 100k + 2nd year bonus 75k Stocks 125 over 4 years. Vesting 5% 1st year, 15% 2nd year, 40% 3rd, 40%
- vote Dealing with relationship situation Guys, I need help. I'm female, 33, TC 350k. I've been in a relationship with this man I completely love for around 4.5 years. I'm in SF and he lives on the east coast, is completing his PhD as of end 2019 in mathematics. The topic of marriage has come up and we are running against a wall. He want
- link Seattle voters can now register and vote on the same day If you ever wondered why Seattle allows hordes of homeless people to live here, this is it. The socialist roaches are already trying to suck votes out of them. https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/homeless/king-countys-homeless-voters-usually-few-could-show-up-in-bigger-numbers-this-year/
- vote Which offer to choose ? I have the following offers for Senior SWE roles in Seattle. The format is base/sign on/initial stock grant/bonus percentage Google- L5 185/50/670/15% Twitter- Senior SWE 195/40/560/20% Uber- Senior SWE (5a) 192/65/715/15% Which one to choose ? YOE: 3.5, current TC: 320k (E5)
- MS offer evaluation Level 63 Base: 170k Signing bonus: 50k Stock: 350k (over 4 years) The recruiter said based on the level (63) and the base salary, the annual refresher would be about 30k (not sure how true that is). Any idea how good/bad this offer is? I feel it's very low for L63. Location: Seattle Yoe: 5
- MS L64 offer evaluation Location: Seattle Yoe: 6 Base: 190k Stock (over 4 years): 400k Signing bonus: 100k L64 (second level of senior swe) Where in the range of FNGU's senior does this fall?
- Amazon Alexa AI Team SDE 2 vs Microsoft Azure Level 60? Hi I have received an offer from Amazon AlexaAI team located in Seattle. The recruiter reached out asking me a salary I am expecting. I said I am expecting 250k (Have got competing offers). Please help me out with your insights. The current level they are offering is SDE 2, L5. 1. What is the exp
- Menlo Park, Seattle or New York for FB new grad? My fb recruiter is asking me about my preferred location for fte. I'm undecided. What are the pros and cons for each as well as the headcounts? I personally prefer Seattle or NY to Menlo Park. But I heard being at HQ will provide me with better career growth prospects TC: Currently just a rising s
- Thinking of getting married? Read this first. Sharing my experience in an attempt to get any help and to warn others. Married almost 12 years, going through divorce now. Shocked of what is going on. My wife was abusing me on all levels all these years. It worsened slowly year over the year. Eventually I had to call police and she was dragged
- Moving from Seattle to NYC People who moved from Seattle to NYC, could you please share your experience? Do you regret it? How do these cities compare, pros/cons? I am in tech like 99% of you here, so money is not the main factor for me. P.S. guys, could you post details and not just "great city"?
- Seattle shooting again. We should ban guns! We have democracy. Why can’t we vote and achieve a majority to ban guns?
- WTF is wrong with Seattle weather It’s mid July already but still rainy, windy, and gloomy like hell. Don’t ask my TC because I do hope to GTFO.
- Boeing 737 Max what happened? What are your thoughts on what’s going on? Was it really an engineering issue? Can anyone shed some 💡? Also what’s Boeing’s TC? Are engineers in Seattle? TC: 115
and industry lounge.
- Can I live carless in Seattle? Planning to get a 0br/1br near downtown seattle for amazon. Is it feasible to live carless? In other words, is seattle walkable/transitable?
- How do people in seattle afford housing? Even being at faang with a tc of 230k i am not sure how in the future i can afford a 4br house near work or in redmond/bellevue area. I wonder how do non faang engineers who earn lesser or just regular people afford housing in seattle area? Currently i cant find anything decent below 1 mil in redmon
- Tech in NYC After MBA Out of MBA I accepted an offer as a PMM at Microsoft and moved to Seattle. I’m looking to move to NYC, but want to stay in tech. Looking for guidance on role type and company. Background: Degree in engineering (although not very technical) Consulting (pre-MBA) PMM (post-MBA) Considering: Amazon (
- link If he was deported by ICE, he wouldn't been able to attack his victim AGAIN. Impossible in sanctuary Seattle. 👊👎 https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/crime/man-accused-of-attacking-white-center-woman-he-had-raped-is-believed-to-be-in-mexico-with-a-new-look/
- What (company + SDE level) in Seattle can offer 300K TC without competing offer? YOE: 6 TC: 220K+ (expected on w2 for 2019) SDE2 (L5) in AWS Edit: Paper money is not the real money.
- vote Being republican in Seattle tech At my current company, people don’t get criticized for having their own opinion and generally accepts different point of view. At the very least, agree to disagree. This is definitely true when it comes to politics. But I have few friends working for tech in Seattle and sometimes feel hostility from
- Best companies to work for in Seattle I am currently working in Microsoft as SDE 2 and looking for a switch. What companies are offering great packages in Seattle area including startups as long as package is good. Current TC 180k
- What are some dating apps to meet Latinas in Seattle area? Title says it all! ------------ Update: I know tinder is everywhere, but I'm curious if something specific exists.. like TanTan for Chinese, DilMil for Indians...
- Vancouver has become a sh#thole I'm now in Seattle, but I grew up in Vancouver, went through elementary to University. As time went on, the quality of the immigrants really went down. And I say that as a Chinese immigrant to Vancouver myself. Traffic is horrible, people are driving recklessly in their expensive cars their mommy an
- 90% of you who complain about Microsoft’s compensation aren’t as smart as you think It’s really quite simple. If you’re being lowballed, and you’re “smarter than everyone else” in your org, leave. Interview at Facebook, interview at Google, and of course they would LOVE to have you, considering you’re god’s gift to programming. If you don’t do that, stfu. You’re not being paid min
- Amazon Applied scientist offer Hi, I received an L4 AS offer from amazon. The position is in seattle. The breakdown is as follows:- Base - 150K Bonus - 58K(year-1)/42K(year-2) RSU- 125K. I have a masters in ML from a decent school and 2 yoe in India before masters. Is this a good offer?
- Downtown Seattle Settlers, I accepted an offer and I’m moving to seattle by September and I will be working in downtown. What areas would you recommend for me to look for a place at? I’m mid 20’s I’m choosing between belltown, south lake, or Cap Hill. Which one is better? Or anything else? Planning to walk, or bike
- link The ugly side of working at Amazon 1. Only 6 public holidays per year. 2. Only 2 sick days. 3. Parking is subsidized ($160 per month), but not free, in a crowded downtown Seattle. 4. Zero paternity leave. 5. Sometimes you have to pay for your own food in team gatherings (feels silly when the business is making millions of dollars, an
- Amazon vs Google Hi All, Official offer with deadline Amazon base :145k bonus:100k(first and second year) shares: 85 (Seattle) SDE2 Google: base: 155k , equity: 250k bonus:22k (Bay Area) L4 Both company said this is final max they can . Is there room for further negotiation ? Please let me know your thoughts
- vote Salesforce vs Amazon? Amazon Tc: 240 Salesforce Tc:270 Current Tc:200 @ Microsoft level 62 Location: Seattle vs Bellevue Title: Amazon l5 vs salesforce Senior MTS Thanks
- Is it impossible to buy a house in the Bay? Is it for L3-L4 Engs to buy a home in the Bay. I am an L4 Eng trying to get a home. Been saving up for it for the past 3 years. When I finally think I have enough money for a down payment, there is this housing scare. Is it worth living in the Bay in the long term. Or is it advisable to move to othe
- Dating in seattle sucks Girls, where do you go to meet decent looking, successful boys? Beside online dating.... I hear that seattle dating sucks but i just don’t want to believe :))
- Nordstrom Total Compensation Ranges (My TC: 325k) People seem to not believe me when I share my Nordstrom TC. Yes, Nordstrom does have decent pay. We have done a lot to modernize our stack (Kubernetes, Kafka, Lambdas, AWS+GCP hybrid). Being in Seattle, it's the only way Nordstrom can stay somewhat competitive in hiring talent. Here are the current
- Apple Technical Product Manager - Data Science Got a mail from recruiter just now saying Apple wants to extend an offer and he would like to get on a call to discuss my compensation expectations. What’s the ideal TC I could ask for? Please advice. Current offers: Amazon L5 SDE2 265k TC - Palo Alto Microsoft Azure Data & Intelligence- 180k - Re
and industry lounge.
- Is everyone enjoying the beautiful Seattle summer weather that you waited all year for? 😄☔️☔️
- May be movin to Seattle in next 2-3 months. TC $330 Where are best neighborhoods or suburbs. Is real estate coming down??What % under asking price are you typically offering.
- Facebook ML engineer Seattle comp? How much to expect? PhD+5 yoe. Interviewing..I think can crack it easily. Super easy so far Current TC 275k
- Tough decision - FB I am currently working in a good position (as a planner, non swe) with good flexibility and wlb in Seattle. Also have a good standing in my organization. I recently got a call from Facebook to interview and cleared it. After a couple of back n forth on compensation, I am Ok with what they offered.
- Amazon to MS: Is it a downgrade? L5 at Amazon, L63 (senior) offer at MS. The offer TC is higher for MS in comparison with the current Amazon TC (cliff), but if I compare it with L6 of Amazon it's much lower. It's somehow like the regular TC of L5 at Amazon. Would you consider this move in general to be a downgrade? I mean I feel th
- Seattle Vs Bellevue Which one leads to less hectic life ? Living in Bellevue (close to family) and taking public transport to Seattle downtown daily Vs. Living close to office and driving in weekend to meet the family ?? Not much of an early riser, and new to the area, hence the question :)
- Amazon AS L4 offer Hi, I received an L4 AS offer from amazon. The position is in seattle. The breakdown is as follows:- Base - 150K Bonus - 58K(year-1)/42K(year-2) RSU- 125K. I have a masters in ML from a decent school and 2 yoe in India before masters. Is this a good offer? //reposting since didn't get a lot of re
- Amazon relocation lump sum Got L6 offer@Seattle Moving from Bay Area to Seattle Graebel contacted me for relocation and offered 2 options for fully covered vs lump sum Lump sum I am offered is $10,500 From other threads on blind , ppl were saying lumpsum is $15k? Is this standard in amazon or is there negotiation involved
- Please help me decide: Seattle or Texas I recently accepted a L5 TPM offer from Amazon Seattle. The work sounds really interesting but I am not feeling excited when I read about Seattle weather, higher COL and all the stories about Amazon here. I am married with no kids. My wife is working and plan is to stay in her current job until she