- Got offers from both uber and waymo, help me decide Blind- need help deciding what offer to choose: current TC is 220k Roles below are non tech Uber- L5b, senior 2 Base: 165k Equity: 290k Yearly Bonus: 25k TC: 262.5k Waymo- L5 Base: 165k Equity: 150k Yearly Bonus 15%: 25k TC: 227.5k (liquid is 190k) Which one would you take? Is Waymo considered p
- Does one really need referrals? I applied and interviewed at a bunch of companies incl most FANGs and well paying unicorns in recent weeks (more than 10). For most of them I either got contacted a recruiter on LinkedIn or I just applied directly without a referral. The only one I applied with referral was Twitter (friend wanted to
- Waymo: is your stock undervalued? Friend got an offer from Waymo. The recruiter told her that the stock is purposely undervalued so that it will appreciate in the future. I smell BS. Waymo employees, how do you value Waymo stock given how illiquid it is? Any tips?
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Lyft Level 5 vs Uber for PM role Hey, I am currently a PM at FB. I have decided to move on and currently have multiple offers, notable ones are from Uber, Lyft, Cruise and Compass. I really wanted to get into RE Tech but Compass is cheap ass with their offers and equity they offered was 1/10 of my offers from Uber / Lyft. Cruise i
- Hot self-driving car startups vs. FANG I've begun interviewing with a couple of self-driving car startups and wanted to get people's take on leaving or turning down on offer from a FANG company for the AV startup route. I'd really love to work in the AV space but am concerned if it makes financial sense. Current TC: L5 @ $300k / $180k b
- New grad offer comparison Posting for a friend who is still in college and doesn't have a blind account. He has 3 offers (completing masters from a decent college, 0 YoE outside of internships). All Bay area offers for SWE LinkedIn: 145K base, 35K sign on, 200K RSU. SWE title. Google (Waymo): 150K base, 50K sign on, 180K R
- Expecting Waymo offer at L7/L8 mgmt level, need advise? Researched blind but could not found good details. I am doing good at current company and getting paid ok. However autonomous car future look bright and growth can be big. So interesting in joining them if they give good enough offer. However other threads on blind mention that they just match exist
- Waymo offer Details L5 IC, Hardware Base 186k RSU 6.2k over 4yr @$11 Options 17.1k over 4yr @$11 Sign on bonus 40k TC first year ~ 226k (liquid) stock: ?? who knows how much this is worth ? Current job liquid comp 420k (stock + salary + bonus) Role: manage a small engineering team Curious what other fol
- waymo interview I had an onsite at Waymo a week+ ago. In the interim i received another offer I am not as excited about. I emailed Waymo informing them of the offer and inquiring as to timing, and they responded they had no updates to provide. I’m assuming I should take this as a rejection?
- vote I’ll be joining Google soon but Waymo reached out I have been wanting to go to Waymo for a very long time. Recently, I took an offer from Google and will be joining in few weeks. Few days ago, a recruiter from Waymo reached out with an opportunity. What are my options here? Please leave your opinion in comment. TC: 250k 3 yoe
- Waymo vs Google offer Recently got an offer from Google: T4, ~250k TC. Also expecting an offer from waymo. Wondering if Google would compete against waymo ( or other alphabet subsidiary)? Any experience or insight to share? Thanks 2 yoe, 220k tc
- Considering cruise offer I'm considering a senior swe offer at cruise with more interesting work than my current job. There's a 30% bump in TC from 220 to 260. The commute within SF after doing SF to MTV is attractive as well. I had an internal offer to switch to a waymo team as well. Any advice from people who've made sim
- Waymo total compensation? My friend got an offer from Waymo for SWE L4. 150k base 25k signon RSUs worth 60k and a number and number of stock options which are currently worth 0. I believe Waymo stocks have lot of upside compared to GSUs but, How do one evaluate an offer like this ? What would be the TC?
- Waymo options vs Stock (WMU) Recently got an offer form Waymo. They seem to offer WMUs (which seem like RSU) and Options both of which vest over 4 years. Looking for help with several questions: 1. How are options and WMUs different ? Do I have to pay the company the strike price (out of my base salary) to exercise the optio
- Waymo vs Lab126 I have comparable offer from both companies. I’m leaning towards joining Lab126 since the hiring manager seems to be a cool guy, and it’s a better fit. But I’m hesitant as I don’t want to miss out on something huge if Waymo takes off and IPO
- Referrals for self driving car companies Sorry for making another one of these referral posts but I am really passionate about working for autonomous vehicle companies and they don't come to my school's career fairs. I'm having a hard time messaging recruiters on LinkedIn and getting replies. I go to a top Canadian university and have int
- Is Waymo offering rides without a driver now? Waymo One was supposed to be truly driverless. Seems there's still a "safety driver" in the car. Is Waymo planning to offer rides without a driver? Seems like their progress is going much slower than expected.