- Apple started contracting via contracting firms? Hi. A contracting firm reached out to me today. Asking to get me in for $75/hour at Apple Cupertino for HW System Eng role. I have 12 YOE in HWE +PhD. Can you guys believe? Apple dropping the bar for pay and hunting talent for cheap pay? Qualcomm way? I know they pay very well for regular employees.
- How to stay relevant while working in defense? I work as a software developer for Raytheon in the DC/MD/VA area. Comp is OK, WLB is great, and I like the work I'm doing. However, comp increases are primarily limited by YOE (as opposed to performance), and while I'm happy now with my abilities, I won't deny that I'm concerned about stagnation --
- CA WARN report What insights are you able to draw from this report? https://www.edd.ca.gov/Jobs_and_Training/warn/WARN_Report_for_7-1-2018_to_06-10-2019.pdf Some of the things I noticed... - Even some big names in Tech regularly let go significant # of employees - Apple/Western Digital/Tesla/Paypal/Marvel/Symant
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- List companies that revoke or threaten to revoke I140. ...if the employee leaves or notifies then of leaving. Too many posts recently around this, would be good to know. Please do the needful and revert back with the names of the companies that you do know for sure does it. Qualcomm does not do this.
- Not a great work environment at Qualcomm I am a contract employee at Qualcomm. Due to recent incidents in the industry with NXP and what not there is a lot of instability and insecurity going around in the team. Just recently a bunch of people got fired from the team, and now everyone is trying to save their own ass at the expense of other
- Congrats Qualcomm employees Now that San Jose office will become the headquarters for Broadcom and smooth over the purchase of Qualcomm.
- link Qualcomm’s layoffs reach 1,800 as NXP deal hangs in limbo https://www.fiercewireless.com/5g/qualcomm-s-layoffs-reach-1-800-as-nxp-deal-hangs-limbo?mkt_tok=eyJpIjoiTkRVeE1qRmhZakZqWkdJNCIsInQiOiIwaHFDSDNzdExqVUE4dG5mbEtieVg1K01VNTQ4MHN4Nk45UEttK1VaWVZ5eFZvSjhIUHZVc2NES0ttQ0lmbGZuNWxDRUJBU3ptN0xWK1l2N1FTWDRoK3h1bzlHc3A1SHhuMjlVZHk0Zmk5WDdUaFBaZVVDM1pOalNsYkl