First Data Offer
First Data Offer
- Busting some myths around HR 1044 with data One of the many arguments against HR1044 is that the India GC queue is mostly filled with "low merit" applicants from Indian consultancies that pay far lower salaries and import low skilled Indian tech workers into US. Did some digging to come up with the following 2 data snapshots about GC filings+2
- link [AMA] Interview tips after a recent round of offers (380~500k) TLDR: Offers ranging 380k~500k from Facebook, Uber, and 2 other companies. Non-exceptional IC with 5 years of experience. Interview tips are nuanced and its your loss if you don’t read. ### About me ### Software engineer with 5 yoe in the bay. B.Eng (not comp sci) in a well-known school. Mostly se
- vote Sharing my offer numbers from big companies for your reference I see many questions on compensation here and would like to help answer some of them with the limited data I have. I'd like to shed some light on what the industry is paying and also encourage people to negotiate hard. I went on an interviewing spree recently with the big companies for an SWE posit
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Sharing a lot of information from my recent interviews (Google, Amazon, Microsoft, etc) Since I am going to delete Blind soon, thought I would share offer details to give back to the community before I left. I got some help on here about interviews, negotiations and team selection, so I hope this info is useful to someone. The information is from a few months ago. Some background info
- vote Lowballed by Google(EDIT: Google pays up) EDIT : Updated communication from Google; see bottom edit Location : India YoE : 3 Offer : L4, 50k USD(35L INR) Competing : Microsoft L61, ~60k(42L INR)(65k/45L including 10% perf+reloc) Current : 50k(43k cash+ options; series H startup). This is a core data science engineering team that I'm reall
- vote Insights on Alexa Shopping team vs Microsoft Azure please? Got an offer from Alexa Shopping. Please provide any insights. Team sits in Palo Alto. Currently on F1 OPT Visa and have two more H-1B tries. YoE: 2 Current TC: 160k Amazon Alexa Shopping L5 SDE2 TC: 250k Location: Palo Alto Microsoft Azure Data and Intelligence L60 TC: 200k first year, 160k th
- Thoughts on Indeed job offer for Staff SWE? Hi all, I'm a recently promoted staff SWE at Google trying to decide what I should do about a job offer I got this past week from Indeed. I feel like my comp at Google is close to median for L6 so part of me is wondering if I stay at Google will my comp increase enough to compete/beat the job offer
- link Another data point on industry hire in the bay ..great read :) Found this post on Reddit and seems really helpful . Just posting it here . ————///——————///——————///——/ Hi everyone, I just went through a round of interviews and wanted to share a data point. I wanted to share some interview tips that you may not have seen before. I'll also answer questions in A
- Wonderful experience with a Recruiter Phase I: Interview - I applied online for a senior data scientist role at a large healthcare company in Minneapolis. An internal recruiter directly set me up for a phone interview with the hiring manager. I did well and they scheduled an onsite within 4-5 days. I eventually got the offer within a co
- vote Amazon vs Microsoft in terms of H-1B visa People of blind, I would need your advice in choosing an offer. I have received an offer from Amazon and Microsoft. Amazon Alexa Shopping (Bay Area) TC: 260k L5 SDE2 Microsoft Azure Data and Intelligence (Redmond) TC: 200k first year, 160k the following years L60 I am currently on F1 OPT and I h
- Google vs Amazon Okay, I am sure that there are tons of these. But I wanted to try and understand why Google is almost always considered to be better than Amazon, and Amazon is generally considered to be sucky. But looking at a Google offer and here are some things: 1. Google does not seem to pay more than Amazon.
- vote Chicago SWE offers Trying to decide between these two offers In Chicago… I have 3 YOE Offer 1: Slalom Build(Their in-house consulting division no travel) ** Already accepted this offer so I’d have to renege. Wasn’t expecting another offer Potential TC 100k, 91k base, 0-10% bonus No 401k match first year then 3% match
- Startup Valuation Help I have an offer from a startup. Their valuation is X billions. What information should I get to cross check if their valuation is justified? If I base this on their revenue, what should the multiplier be? First time evaluating a startup offer. any help/pointers are greatly appreciated! Edit: the
- Thank you blind Due (in part) to all the great discussions and PMs on blind, I have received great offers from Amazon, Apple and Google recently. Blind consistently encouraged me to "leetcode", "TC or GTFO" and "vote with your feet". Thanks for that! TC and Yoe ---------------------------------- Current Microsoft
- Advice for negotiating Amazon offer? Amazonians: need your help. I have an offer for L6 PM. The offer is lower than I could get elsewhere, but I don’t have other offers lined up quite yet. I would probably take the offer, if push came to shove, because Amazon is my top choice. So how do I negotiate? Do I work with the recruiter only?
- Is this a good L5 offer from Google? Should I take more RSU or a Signing Bonus I have an offer from Google for L5 PM in Southern California for $265K (150 / 15% / 370k) + $30K in first year signing bonus. I'm wondering: 1) Is this a good offer? It feels low based on my research, but most of the data out there is for Mountain View. 2) I have the option to forego the signing b
- Opportunities for a French swe in Canada or France? I will soon graduate from both my French and Canadian CS master (avrg university). No luck with faang so far. I have passed most online code challenges but none lead to a phone interview. So now I am hesitant between staying in Montreal or going back to Paris. Maybe a lead in Bloomberg and Algolia
- Amazon L6 salary range What is the Amazon L6 sr data engineer salary range. One of my friend got offer from Amazon L6 sr data engineer offered 145 base 30k & 29k bonus first 2 years and 96 RSU. Is this good offer or can ask more?
- Evaluate MBB offer versus ServiceNow Guys, posting for the first time. So forgive any mistakes! I need to evaluate between offers from an MBB (McK) in Charlotte, NC and ServiceNow in Seattle, WA. Both offers are in data science. MBB offer is in the expert track of consulting, and not the traditional strategy track. Which company makes
- vote L5 Data Scientist Amazon vs. T3 Product Analyst (Data Scientist) Google Dear Blind members, I currently have a L5 DS offer at Amazon with around 160 full comp and Google offered me a T3 Product Analyst in their Photo team. I asked for a 200k full comp in CA to be some what comparable to what Amazon is offering and Google said that won't work and asked me for a slightly
- vote Workday vs Oath offer Got these 2 offers last week. YOE: 3yrs Oath: Position: Software Dev Engineer 1 Team: Yahoo Mail: Big data/ User record sync Location: Sunnyvale, CA Base: 135k Joining bonus: 10k Year end Bonus: 10% Relocation: up to 20k (only as needed unlike the other offer) Equity: 60k for 3 years with 1/3 veste
- State of tech Interviews Interviewing rant: I have been interviewing for the last month onsite at all type of places. (3 a week for the last 3 weeks) This is the first time I really interview in the last 5 years. And over the last month my skills as a real day to day coder went down but my skills at interviewing went up.
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Two Offers: Weighing Stock Options vs. "Sure Thing" I haven't worked at a startup before, so trying to gauge how likely it is that stock options would work in my favor vs. being a disappointment after 5 years. (Also would appreciate any thoughts about the long-term differences in career path for a DE vs. a PA). I'm currently at Amazon as an L5 BIE.
- Offer review Current: Amazon Level: Data Engineer 2 Base: 135k Joining bonus: 2 years in Amazon so that’s gone RSU: 150 units ~ 225k now have 20% of it Exp: 10 years Offers 1 Oracle Cloud Level: IC 4 Principal Base: 160k Joining bonus: 20k RSU: 7500 units 337k over 4 yers 25% each year TC ~ 250k if stock stays
- Amazon SDE TC ranges for Seattle - Megathread. I have seen similar post for Google, thought I will share some insight into Amazon compensation for SDE in Seattle. Amazon offer structure Base, Stock(5% 1st year, 15% 2nd year, 40% 3rd year and 40% 4th year) and joining bonus for first 2years (to cover your delayed stockvest). These are target r
- vote Choosing between following offers Posting my current New Grad offers to seek opinion 1. Amazon (SDE1) 108+ 24(first year )+20(second year) + 70k/4 (5/15/40/40) No team and location guarantees before accepting the offer :( 2. Walmart Labs (Data Scientist) Comp :- 145k + 23k (bonus) + 80k/4 (25% vesting each year) (5K first year /
- Comparing data science offers from Facebook and Google Data scientist offer at google. T4. Base 130k. Stock unit 200 units vested in four years. Sign on bonus 20k for the first year. Offer@Facebook E5. Base 160k Stock probably $40k a year. Haven’t negotiated yet. That’s the number I got from the recruiter over the phone. Sign on 30k Current@Uber L4
- Help!!! Some ideas about CornerStone OnDemand SWE Hi Guys, this is my first time to use this platform to ask for help and suggestions! Thanks! This week I got a verbal offer from CornerStone OnDemand for Software Engineer in one of Reporting & Analytics. 1) Actually I think I did good job during the whole interview process, I meet three teams of
- link Negotiation I'm going to get an offer from HR soon for an internal, but international transfer, so salary will drastically change. Aiming at 200k TCT, which is middle of the SDE I band...? I was recently promoted to SDE II, although I've been here for 5 years. It took a bit longer because I spent my first 2.5
- Netflix compensation expectations Hi Folks, I need some advise on numbers or what I can expect for my level of experience at Netflix. I am being offered a senior software engineer in Test role at Netflix, HR wants me to come up with my expectations on salary and take it from there and see how it goes with their numbers. Basically
- Airbnb PM compensation? I have an offer from Msft as a first time PM (3 YoE) in the AI/ML space in the Bay Area with around 250k 1st year TC. However an Airbnb person also approached me with a data PM opportunity. Since I'd only be interested if the TC upside is significant, could you guys comment on potential TC?
- Approached by Google Recruiter but not ready to move yet I’ve been approached by a google recruiter. I’m interested in the role but due to personal reason I don’t want to switch jobs till next year. Should I tell the recruiter that we should talk again at a later time? Or should I try get an offer first and delay starting time till next year? I heard Goo
- Coding for first job I am new to coding. This is my first coding job. I really want to learn coding. With all efforts I did data structures for one year and got the job offer. Now I m scared if I m on right path as I m finding it very difficult day by day. How do I improve myself? I m not used to working on such a huge
- H1B Transfer to Google Hi all, Tldr; 1st year OPT with H1 receipt notice seeking to get job offer and H1 transfer to Google, what to do and how to prepare? Thank you for bearing with me as I explain my situation. I am a first year OPT campus hire at PwC working in technology consulting. I graduated with a Bachelor of Sc
- Offer from Uber - what do you think ? Hey guys , never received a offer from a pre-ipo company and wanted to take your thoughts on how to evaluate this compensation . Good / bad / negotiate more ? Role - accounting manager / data scientist Overall - 10 years experience Base -135k Stock - 4000 RSU units (approx $50 valuation per last r
- An insiders PoV at Uber. I've seen a flurry of posts recently which outline the decline of quality with regard to Uber and ride sharing in general. I wanted to drop a post here just to be heard. Let's begin: Uber simply does not care about the quality control aspect of the experience anymore, they understand how the wheel
- Help!!! For CornerStone OnDemand's offer and suggestions! Hi Guys, this is my first time to use this platform to ask for help and suggestions! Thanks! This week I got a verbal offer from CornerStone OnDemand for Software Engineer in one of Reporting & Analytics. Here is my background, 2 YoE, focus on Java backend + Restful API in a big but old company…I t
- BIE 1 salary Amazon Europe (Germany) What is the salary range for BIE 1 at Amazon in Europe (Germany, Munich)? Worked for 5 years as working-student (System available almost only in Germany for students, who can work up to 20h/week, in a field which is similar to the field of their studies. It is not an internship, but kind of), worki
- Frontend wanting to switch to full stack software engineer I am a decent Frontend engineer about 3 years experience & I now want to switch to backend. I really want to be able to apply to any job that says “software engineer” without looking for the term “Frontend”. I have built API’s with NodeJS, Rails & PHP in the past but not professional. I plan to wor
- I got a soft offer at my internship but I want to be remote/part-time I been Interning with a education startup they gave me a soft offer 6 weeks in out of 12 weeks. He also used words like "detrimental" if I left the company, size of 7. I am not a fan of LA but I do like Santa Monicia (their office location). I moved here to do a 3 month and planned on going back to