- vote Am I insane to quit my 400k remote job? Director at current company, managing a dozen of engineers. Due to stock appreciation, TC 400k. I only work 6 hr/day if not traveling. Mainly remote, in a low COL area. Travel is about once every other month. I was happy until a recruiter reached out to me on LinkedIn. I went through the interview
- vote The Green Singal for Genocide Trump gave green signal to Turks to wipe out the Kurds (the US ally in fighting the ISIS)! WTH is going on? This is a total shitshow! Regrettably, I was a Trump supporter (thinking that he’s helping the economy). But, at what cost? His negatives clearly outweight the positives. His behavior is empo
- vote Experienced Engineers: Did I make a bad call? I'm still a student graduating this semester and can't stop thinking about the full-time job decision I made last semester. After receiving a few offers, I filtered them down to 2 I was really interested in: Facebook, NYC: $110k base/ 10%+ bonus/ $160k/4 years stock/ $85k sign on/ ~$160k TC Two Sig
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- vote Big dog at small company vs. small dog at F/G I got two job offers. One is managing the Data science department, reporting to VP of AI, at a public company with a few thousands employees. Total comp $400k. I have a few director level friends/allies, and it should be an easy job. It’s also in a low COL region, cheaper than SoCal. Another offer
- How to Invest 40k in Cash? I have 40k in cash (new grad), thinking of doing: 10k in checking, 20k in Ally Savings, 10k in Betterment. Good strategy? Too conservative? TC: >170k
- link F1 Visa - Planning to open a High yield CD with ally Background I have received a good amount of bonus from my company and I have already invested in stocks. My brother will be coming to us next year and I am trying to save money for his college tuition by putting money in to Ally CD Visa status Currently, I am on F1 Visa and studying PhD. I came t