- Shorting bitcoins Anybody knows how I can buy put options on bitcoins? Any way to do that on Robinhood or E*TRADE?
- Trading account What do people use? I’m currently on e-trade.
- CS undergrad Student trying to choose between job offers I just graduated with a CS bachelors but I do not want to be a developer. Between these 3 job offers, which would u go with and why? 1) Microsoft Project Manager located in Seattle Washington $95,000 salary + $15,000 bonus 2) Bank of America Global Tech Analyst Program located in New Jersey $93,00
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- vote How on earth is Robinhood worth 5B? Someone help me understand. A couple points: - they’re going up against huge brokers already (e*trade, ameritrade) - from the outside it seems like robinhood is used mostly by millennials “playing” with stocks, who will switch to the larger brokerages with more features once they decide to invest s
- Lost 30% of my RSUs towards taxes Say, I was awarded 100 RSUs at the end of a 1 year — I noticed that 34 of them were deducted from mine as part of taxes by E*TRADE. I have never come across this.
- Arcesium? I'm exploring an opportunity (software engineer) with this company called Arcesium. They are a D E Shaw spinoff with 700 people but I haven't heard of them and neither has anyone else. They make post trade systems. The recruiter claims they have a hedge fund like pay structure with quickly increasin
- Have you considered quitting your job and just trade your Vested stock/savings? Have any of you guys thought about just quitting your job and living off of income generated by your vest stock/savings? We get a decent amount and it seems like it's possible even with small percentage gains on w/e u are given. What are your thoughts? And if you trade, would love to hear your exp
- Selling stock Has anyone tried transferring their stock to Robinhood? It says there's no transfer fee and they cover the transfer fee out for the first one. I'm a little suspicious. I have stock vesting in E-Trade and wondering if I should try it instead of selling on E-Trade
- Front End Engineer interview with Facebook, Amazon, Google I have onsite coming up with those companies for FEE role. From what I heard from recruiters, I will have to write html, css and js on whiteboard for front end rounds (if they ask me to create some widget or w/e). Frankly, I am not sure how I should approach these rounds. Should I approach them as
- Capital Gains Taxes I have some stock and I’m trying to figure out how much to put away if I sell now even at short-term status. E-trade shows a grant date FMV and a purchase date FMV. Which one do i look at for tax consideration? My grant date value is about half the purchase date, but it looks like expected gain/los
- Stock transfer to Robinhood Robinhood has this new feature to transfer stocks from other brokerage. And they'll cover any fees charged by your old brokerage. Any one tried this from E-TRADE to Robinhood? Would like to hear your experience.
- Holding RSU/ESPP stock Hi all, If someone leaves Adobe India, than how long he/she can hold vested RSUs and ESPP stocks? Is there any restriction like, he/she need to sell before 1 yr or so? Account is with e*trade. Thanks,
- W8 vs W9 for F1 student visa I'm a F1 student currently working under OPT. The company has granted me stocks with E-Trade. I need to certify the account with either W8-BEN or W9. Which form is right for F1 student working under OPT?
- Stock trading platforms in India What are the most commonly used trading platforms similar to Robinhood/E*TRADE in India?
- When will shares deposit? I have an initial vest date on a Sunday. An eight-week insider trading blackout begins the following Monday. Should I expect my shares to be sellable in my E*Trade account on the preceding Friday? Or am I gonna have to hold them for two months? I’m not concerned about my company, but about the broa
- Anyone here uses TillerHQ.com? https://www.tillerhq.com/ I use Google sheets to track my investments. Once in a while, I go and update me positions/quantities in the sheet, then use GOOGLEFINANCE API to get the actual Dollar amount of my positions. I have accounts with several providers (Trad.ira & Roth ira with Fidelity, broke