- link Burger chain beat MSFT in employee satisfaction. 😂😂 AMZN did not make the top 100 (no surprise there). 😂😂 https://www.seattletimes.com/explore/careers/burger-joint-beats-microsoft-amazon-on-new-best-places-to-work-list/
- Amazon leadership principles useful outside? For those who have moved on from Amazon, have you found their leadership principles to be helpful in becoming a better engineer throughout your careers at other companies?
- vote Dev Plan Pass Rate at Amazon With all the talk about dev plan, doing this poll to check if there are any folks who passed it and had successful careers at Amazon or if it’s a guaranteed path to PIP. Only Amazon employees / ex Amazon employees who were on dev plan, pls answer.
- link Applying for a Facebook job... need help Can someone please help me look up the hiring manager and the level for the below job: https://m.facebook.com/careers/jobs/a0I1H00000LCNR6UAP/?q=Energy&location=menlo-park I know the energy director there and few other folks but want to see who this job is exactly under. Also, I am currently a L7
- Changing careers (from software) I'm thinking about changing careers. I'm currently an sde2 at Amazon, but software isn't really something I'm passionate about. I generally enjoy working with technology, but maybe it needs to be something more physical. I know I'm unlikely to get the same salary elsewhere, but would like to be able
- Amazon blacklisted me? I interviewed with Amazon in 2016 and was rejected. A recruiter reached out to me couple of days ago and I sent her my resume. We had a call, she took some notes and said she'll get back to me in 2 days. Today she sent a mail they're not moving forward with the application. Why would I have to wait
- Amazon - Interviewed for SDM, offered TPM What does it mean? If you are on panels at Amazon, I want to understand: 1. Why and when do you do this? 2. Why do you think people who want tech leadership careers will accept this role? Edited to add: Some of you are saying I did poorly on LPs, some of you are saying I did poorly on Tech.
- How early can I switch? Hey blinders, I am about to begin my new grad role at Walmart. I am assured by many here that I won’t get challenging work there. So let’s say Walmart promotes in 2.5 yrs and they apply for my h1b visa in feb 2020. When should I plan my switch in best way possible considering I don’t compromise o
- vote Dealing with relationship situation Guys, I need help. I'm female, 33, TC 350k. I've been in a relationship with this man I completely love for around 4.5 years. I'm in SF and he lives on the east coast, is completing his PhD as of end 2019 in mathematics. The topic of marriage has come up and we are running against a wall. He want
- Career growth reflection I just wanted to write this out because I have a bit of time…I’ve been self reflecting on what I achieved over the course of 4 years with regards to my software engineer career in the Bay Area. 2 years ago I was a software engineer at PayPal earning 96K TC straight out of college with B.S. in CS. I