- Why the US has a medieval immigration system Let’s face it, US’s immigration system is antiquated shit. H1B is lottery based due to which lot of employees from body shop companies end up getting visa though they make peanuts, while even FANG engineers don’t get it. Green card allocation process is even worse, it’s just an old school FIFO sch
- link Uber layoffs - more to come? Looks like Uber is cutting 400 marketing jobs. More to come? Curious if they'll start cutting tech costs. https://www.nytimes.com/2019/07/29/technology/uber-job-cuts.html
- Uber or Facebook, need help to make a decision. TC: 203K YOE: 1.8(20 months) Was a TT this year so I have 97 stocks ready to vest until July 2021. Location: Seattle FB offer: 160k base 320k stocks 50k joining bonus First-year compensation will be 313.5 k if I just meet expectations. Uber offer: 175k base 345k stocks 50k joining bonus over 2 yea
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Does anybody stiil want to join uber after hearing the layoffs does anybody stiil want to join uber after hearing the layoffs, speacially for engineering jobs.
- uber does it really require that many employees? sorry for the ignorance but would like to understand . just read the article how uber is bringing 3000 jobs to Dallas. i jnow theres more to the company than just the app, but how many employees does it take to run the company effectively? as a user of the app it doesnt seem like it requires this hu
- H4 visa - wage suppressing Lately I am meeting many uber drivers who tell me they are here on h1b. Later I find out that their spouse is here in h1b and they get a visa called h4. Why are people without special skills allowed to work in the US(by getting a h4 visa) just because their spouse has special skills (has h1b visa).
- Failing at interview --Input needed Hi I am an SDM and am looking for new jobs but I am failing constantly in my interviews, and the is the worst part I am not sure why I am failing, this is a short summary I started looking for a new job in January, It took me a little time to update my resume and prepare and eventually line up a
- vote Spreadsheets for layoffs! Read the news yesterday and saw that an ex-Uber employee made a spreadsheet for all the employees that got laid off at Ubet...The sheet had info about people who were searching for jobs and different oppotunities that were available through Uber alums... I personally think this should be the norm f
- Research engineer job search (Looking for advice) I’ve been at Northrop on the east coast for 2 years now with a MS in Electrical engineering. My current job title is “research and development engineer” working on new LiDAR systems. I’m starting to apply to research engineer positions at other companies (Amazon, Google, Uber, Lyft etc.) but I’m hav
- Uber vs Airbnb for Product Management (IC) Considering joining one of these. UBER PROS: Fast moving, was impressed by team’s expertise and ability to GSD, would learn a ton of best practices, problems are technically challenging, diversified CONS: Drivers seem perpetually unhappy (unclear if I want my career to contribute to underpaid jobs
- Anyone find it difficult to talk to people who aren’t in tech? Being more specific: people struggling to meet rent or support their families, people who don’t enjoy their jobs, people who have lived in the same small town since they were born. I’m not trying to bash or say I’m any better than anyone who matches these descriptions because of where I work. I jus
- APM + SWE as a new grad Question regarding new grads and applying to APM / RPM type jobs. Can I apply to both APM and SWE jobs at the same company? My reasoning is that usually APM type programs are much more competitive, and as a CS student I don’t want to miss out on regular SWE jobs because I’d prefer a PM program. Th
- ELI5: Why would you strike against Uber? Uber is a for-profit company, not a charity. Its duty, first and foremost, is to increase the value for its investors (otherwise why would anyone invest in it?) If you are an Uber driver and your pay is very low, why are you driving for Uber? Why are you driving a cab? There are plenty of skilled j
- Referral Hi Everyone, I am a recent graduate with a M.S. Statistics degree. In my two year program, I have done three internships so far in Data Science totaling to about 11 months of experience. I have been applying for Data Science jobs. I wanted to know if anyone could help me with a referral because
- How long should be a developer resume with 7 yoe? How long should be a Senior Developer resume with 7 years of experience? I keep getting calls from Amazon, Google etc. Now i want to go all out applying for jobs. Want to apply to Fb, Apple, Expedia, Uber, PayPal, ebay etc. I have switched 5 roles. How long should be my resume? Any tips?
- Switching jobs. LinkedIn vs Others I am currently working at LinkedIn. It is going to be be 1 year at LI. This is my first job in the US. I have seen many people switch jobs here in the bay area very frequently. Does switching jobs help? If yes, then how does it help - career growth, money? After what time frame should one consid
- Uber Toronto office? I saw Uber opening office in Toronto or may be they have already. I can see very few job openings there - like one or two. Do you guys know if there will be many tech jobs in Uber Toronto . If yes, when? Also what kind of work will be there. Any major teams or projects that will move or start from
- Leaving before 1y experience I’m considering moving jobs with less than 1y at Uber. There’s a few considerations - 1. New manager is incompetent (recognized by several people on the team) 2. Also don’t really get along with manager 3. Team is redundant with other HQ teams and I feel is being sidelined to back office 4. Overwor
- Consulting to product companies I was hoping someone can give me some career advice. I have been working in public sector consulting for the past 12 years now. I started my career as a business/systems analyst and have been doing project/program management for the past 5-7 years now. My company manages large scale IT systems for t
- When do new grad posting show up? I am graduating in September but looking at new grad posting only very few companies (G, Fb, snowflake) have the roles. When do companies like Lyft, Airbnb, Uber, Snap etc post new grad jobs?
- How do I get interviews/calls from Bay Area? Currently work at Morgan Stanley in NY, 2 YOE, Looking for jobs in Bay Area. Tried LinkedIn premium, sent bunch of inmails to recruiters, applied on their careers page with SOP like cover letter. But no use.! :( I am not sure how do I proceed? Just have a phone interview scheduled with Uber for n
- What it takes to get jobs in Lyft, google, uber , fb LinkedIn Being in storage domain, c++ experience with c# and powershell .. I finding hard to crack interviews as c++ guy.. mostly when templates and core design questions are asked ..5 year’s experience
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Should I tell my boss I’m interviewing and will eventually leave for geo relocation purposes? DS1, TC: ~150k Hey friends, been at uber in SF for a few years now and I’ve decided to move cities for personal reasons. The city I’ve decided to move to has a big tech scene with the large companies having offices there, but Uber doesn’t have one. So I’m interviewing for the other large companies
- Why trump didn’t ban self driving car Hundreds of thousands of Uber driver will lose jobs if it succeeds
- Bloomberg resume value How much value does Bloomberg provide on your resume when switching jobs? I'm guessing you'd still be able to get interviews with Google, but what about companies like LinkedIn, Uber, Airbnb, and Pinterest? Do they only give interviews to people from FNG or tier 1 unicorns? Would working at Bloomber
- Uber vs startup:Bschool What would look better on resume if i plan to apply to bschool this fall: startup that is not well known vs Uber that is going to ipo this year. Both non eng jobs
- Referrals I have been contacted by recruiters from 4-5 companies on LinkedIn, so far. I am actively looking for a job. But I have not been contacted by companies like Uber, Dropbox, Credit Karma, etc. I do not have any friends working there to refer me or on LinkedIn. I know that simply applying to jobs on th
- App Monetization Strategy Jobs #monetization #appmonetization #strategy Need feedback on App monetization strategy jobs in the tech industry. Have been recently developing app monetization business models and been able to successfully start App monetization business for our company. Have also conceptualized app monetization models that could be leveraged by Lyft. Uber,
- Getting a job at top 10 tech company 💻📱 Hi all - I'm currently an eCommerce product manager for a Fortune 500 retailer and I'm trying to understand what it takes to get into similar role at a tech company (Amazon, Apple, Uber, etc). I made it to a final round of interviews with Amazon, but it seems like the product management role I was i
- Strat & Planning Jobs @ Uber Anyone working in this function at Uber? Would love to learn about your experience, pay, and thoughts on upward mobility within this group
- vote Uber ATG, Spotify, Microsoft, Palantir, Nintendo? I am currently interviewing for backend positions, but I am trying to figure out which one to focus most of my time and energy into studying for. I have 2 YOE and unsure which would be best for my career and opportunities in the long run. I read other tier rankings but Uber and Microsoft seem to be
- Do companies hire recent grads for new grad positions? So I graduated back in May this year, and I'm looking for full-time jobs. I've an onsite with google coming up, but was thinking If any other companies(like uber, lyft, airbnb) hire recent grads for new grad positions. DO they require you to graduate the next year? Thanks!
- Laid off - How to Address in Resume + Interview So I am one of the folks affected at the Avvo acquisition by Internet Brands (so I was laid off and not fired). I am non-tech. Curious what recommendations everyone has (especially recruiting folks) in terms of handling a layoffs and applying for new jobs. Given the whole Uber situation in the new
- For those that have quit your job, how did you make money in between jobs/in the short-term? Uber/Lyft, Air BnB and Turo are the temporary income streams that come to mind for me. Any other income streams that people have utilized after quitting their jobs?
- Side jobs How many of you have non IT side jobs for extra income? Has anybody experimented bring Uber or lyft driver or amazon delivery person ? What other side jobs can you think of?
- Uber Entry Level Job I found some PM entry level jobs at Uber in NYC this morning that seems to match my skill set. I was wondering if anyone from Uber or who work in PM would look at my resume before I apply/give a referral if they can. Thanks
- Technologies that a BI engg should focus for better pay Hi Blind, So I am BI developer with 10 yrs of exp, worked in OBIEE, Informatica,SQL,Crystal reports,Datastage,PLSQL,Qlikview. But whenever I am looking for jobs in the market I always come across packages fo 110k-140K max.I see a very heavy discussion in Blind that companies like Uber,,FB,Google pa
- Which company is more tend to capture the talent and teach them inside? I’m a frontend developer and looking for a job. Seems like everyone looks for reactjs ninja nowadays. So, my emberjs experience doesn’t work well. I’m skeptical about applying for jobs and telling them I don’t know react yet during the interviews. So, which company is more tend to capture talent and
- What do you need to see in engineering manager role to short list for interview? I am trying to switch jobs. I want to get in to fang, Uber, Lyft or other such companies. What skills and experience do you need to see to call me for interview? I'm in the industry for a long time but not in strong software product development. Most can't relate to what I work on because it's so ni
- Broadening SWE specialization I have 10 YOE in the backend OO languages, c/C++,Java,Scalia, microservices, AWS, etc. But I’m very curious about iOS development, and more of the front half of the companies like Uber, Lyft, AirBnB. That means Ruby, GO, python, JS, etc. I’m sure I can hit the ground running but I don’t have the ye