- Fixing the Gender ratio in tech I fully understand and accept the problem but I feel that the way we are tackling this at the moment is not correct. All I see in the name of WIT is millions of $$ spent on fancy beach side conference vacations, expensive travel and swags, reserved ticket for women in Google IO and certain unreason
- Best ML/AI Company Hi Which company is the most promising for the current and future careers of ML/AI scientist? Please share the company in your mind among FAANG + Lyft, Uber, LinkedIn, MS, any Unicorn or Promising Startup
- Next career move - Pinterest , Cruise Automation , Gusto Considering moving to Pinterest, Cruise, Gusto. I like all three for different reasons. Don’t have numbers yet. Just a congrats message from the recruiter/HM. Not optimizing for comp anyway. Wanted to get a pulse from engineers working at these places on how their careers have progressed. Would you
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- LinkedIn Senior Performance Engineer I see a performance engineer role in LinkedIn careers. The description and duties expected seem to be vague and I'm not certain if it's an SDE role. I've had experience with distributed systems, and been a software engineer generalist. Unable to figure out if I'm a fit. Would appreciate some point
- Anyone want a Pinterest referral? DM me your linkedin and position you’re interested in https://careers.pinterest.com/careers/engineering#navigation . If you meet the listed requirements I’ll refer you! EDIT: sorry no interns or new grads, there’s too many so I won’t be able to refer all TC 450K
- How do I get interviews/calls from Bay Area? Currently work at Morgan Stanley in NY, 2 YOE, Looking for jobs in Bay Area. Tried LinkedIn premium, sent bunch of inmails to recruiters, applied on their careers page with SOP like cover letter. But no use.! :( I am not sure how do I proceed? Just have a phone interview scheduled with Uber for n
- Applying to Yelp I have tried multiple times applying to Yelp through their careers website, as well as reached out to recruiters on LinkedIn. But I haven't ever heard back, not even a rejection Just curious what are they looking for?
- Does applying directly on the company careers site not matter anymore? I have not had anyone reach out after applying on the company’s careers site. Even filled out this long essay-type questionnaire for a couple of them. Are referrals or reaching out to the recruiter on LinkedIn the only ways to go? Or is it that my resume lacks keywords and is not going through the
- Phone interview with splunk I have a phone interview with splunk tomo . It is a backend role that requires c++ .. should I focus on algos and ds or c++ ? Also I could not see the job posting now in their careers page and LinkedIn says this job is no longer accepting applications . Does this mean the position is filled ?
- Interview feedback is +ve, but team is looking for senior SE. HR is looking for other teams, does this mean reject? I interviewed at Uber last week, HR reached out and said Interview feedback is +ve, but team is looking for senior dev. Now HR is trying to find another team who might be interested in my profile. What does this mean? I am being considered for SE2. HR said he will get back by Friday. What are my opt
- How early can I switch? Hey blinders, I am about to begin my new grad role at Walmart. I am assured by many here that I won’t get challenging work there. So let’s say Walmart promotes in 2.5 yrs and they apply for my h1b visa in feb 2020. When should I plan my switch in best way possible considering I don’t compromise o
- How do you find a new job? Last time I️ was looking for a new job I️ was browsing Dice, but now it seems barren. How do you guys find a new job? Still dice? Apply through LinkedIn? Have people find you through LinkedIn? A favorite recruiter? Directly through the company’s careers site? I’m sure I’m missing something.
- Software engineering positions at LinkedIn Does LinkedIn have usual software engineer/ backend engineering positions? I can only see frontend and machine learning positions on careers page.
- Any FB recruiters on here? I got contacted by a recruiter for a role in Seattle via LinkedIn, then they kind of ghosted. It's only been a couple days and normally I would be more patient, but I found the roles (which were only vaguely alluded to) on the careers page and actually find them super intriguing. Please shoot me a P
- Apple DV positions I see a lot of positions open on Careers website in DV. Applying online or reaching out to recruiters through Linkedin/email hasn't helped at all. Can someone give me any leads/refer me to any hiring teams?