- Curious about work in AirBnb The Airbnb site and app works well and looks pretty. I know there will always be ongoing changes to it, but I am curious how much work there is left for the engineers to work on (esp very well paid ones relative to the industry). Is it boring keep the lights on stuff, or is everyone involved in laun
- Online application rejected !!! I recently updated my resume and just started applying during the last week or so. Applied for about 10 positions so far, mainly around technical program management and product management. Only 2 companies responded do far - Airbnb and Uber - both negative. The email said my skills did not match the
- Reviewing several offers and potential offers Context: I’m in Boston and currently unemployed but at the senior level, frontend First offer came from zulily in Seattle. They hit with a very high offer, signing bonus, RSUs, and relocation My fears are the glassdoor reviews for the company which seem to rate it fairly lowly. My second offer is
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- I see a lot of complaining about the Amazon bar being low - do people at top companies look down on Amazom SDEs? It's true that the talent at Amazon is far lower than Google or FB or trading companies etc (nobody turns down Airbnb for Amazon) but in terms of customer improvements/products it seems like Amazon is doing a lot more. Google has uniformly brilliant engineering Ubermensches but cant even make a soli
- vote SWE @ Airbnb or Facebook Compensation aside, would you rather be a front end engineer at Facebook or Airbnb? - FB probably has more interesting UI challenges - A lot more teams/products to choose from at FB - Airbnb has some of the best product design sense in the valley imo - Airbnb doesn’t have to target increasing time
- Best companies to work for as an Android Engineer? I am not learning anything at my current company (app is too simple, rest of team is very junior), and was wondering what some great Android or mobile-centric companies are. I already know Square and Airbnb are top notch, but what are some others?
- A/B testing: how to analyze a winning variant Hi everyone! Had an A/B testing question that I’m trying to wrap my head around and could use some help. Let’s say you’re Airbnb and you add a new feature on your mobile app search results which puts a plus sign next to every listing returned in search that users can click for a quick preview of th
- App Monetization Strategy Jobs #monetization #appmonetization #strategy Need feedback on App monetization strategy jobs in the tech industry. Have been recently developing app monetization business models and been able to successfully start App monetization business for our company. Have also conceptualized app monetization models that could be leveraged by Lyft. Uber,
- Airbnb Engineering problems Does Airbnb have actual hard engineering problems? As someone mentioned on Hacker News today: “the day to day engineering problems Airbnb has are not very interesting. It’s a web app that can handle peak traffic with standard technologies (meaning nothing real time, live streaming, or millions of u
- Stackoverflow discouragement for applying for a job. I have been working on my own startups for last 5 years; established 2 companies, one took off, makes around 500k yearly, and one didn’t. The one didn’t take off was in US and it was my recent one. I raised money for it from US investors and also went through one of the well known startup accelerato
- Front end job for a backend engineer I was thinking of mixing things up and apply to an app based company, Uber, Lyft, Airbnb, etc. but I’m senior engineer 10 yoe in backend java services. Would I be laughed out of an interview when I say I’m great with leetcode, even better in architecting system designs, but I’ve never done objectiv
- Looking for place to stay in January 2019 in the Bay Area Me and my girlfriend are from Montreal and new to all this, but really excited. Requirements: Accept small dog. We have a Yorkshire (I don’t like him but comes with the girl...) Looking to lease for 12 months (hopefully get a discount). Below 3.5k per month. Needs to be modern (or charming) nea
- Why was the Airbnb app down for so long? My Airbnb app didn’t work for a couple of hours. It just didn’t respond to any search. What happened? Is anybody going to be fired from this incident?
- What happened to Airbnb’s UX? From a feedback perspective rather than blatant negative complaint (much too ask here?) What happened to Airbnb’s Web experience? *I haven’t use their app lately. Random hover states, random loading screens that go blank (architecture issues?), lagged typing, important info is hard to find, unrefi
- Applying backend engineer position without experience I’m wondering Airbnb only hire backend engineers with exactly matched experience. Actually, I just got rejected from another unicorn company. The recruiter told me I did coding and system design interviews well but the hiring manager concerned that I don’t have any backend server or distributed exp
- Legal question For app development startUp do I have to have legal company papers if am going to lunch an app like airbnb etc ?