- FANG obsession? What is this obsession with fang? I’m sorry but these companies are destroying the world and you all want to be a part of it? I don’t think you all realize how POWERFUL your skills as a software engineer are. Please think about how these companies are shaping society. Facebook/ Instagram is direct
- vote Folders or Tags? I’m playing at a side project to bookmark documents/links to later build wikis and technical guides. Audience is technical folks at work but ideally it will be simple for marketing too. Folders are just like your heirarchical desktop folders. Nested if desired. By tags I’m thinking like how YouTub
- Retire with $5M in the Bank? I’m 38, married, dual income, two kids under 10, own my house, live in Silicon Valley, and generally hate every aspect of working for a company. Unfortunately, I’m not an engineer or entrepreneur, so the corporate grind is my only option. My wife and my goal is to stop “having” to work in our earl
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Lyft vs Nest vs Amazon I have verbal offers from these companies for software engineering roles ( I have around 3.5 years of experience along with a Masters ). Will hopefully get the numbers this week. I am inclined a bit towards lyft as its still young, seemed to have good culture and felt like the work will be exciting.
- Transfer from Nest to Google If you’re a current Nest employee, say a Software Engineer, how hard is it to transfer to Google? Do they require you to go through another interview process just like others outside the company? Or do you just talk to Nest HR and they’ll work it out with you? I heard someone saying that Nest HR wil
- Nest Palo Alto How is Nest as a place to work ? I have not heard any good news come out of Nest in a long time. I get the impression that they are struggling and kind of lost. Plus they have been hiring lots of contractors, not good sign. Seems like they are struggling with money. Are they even a good place to wor
- Google PgM vs manufacturing eng elsewhere Is a PgM role for ops on Google home/nest manufacturing going to be very light on the technical side? I see a lot of info about software PM and PgM but not manufacturing. Dilemma is to get more technical experience as a MFG eng or go for PgM. Would it be settling? (In terms of salary and future care