- Coming into AMZN as an SDE1. How soon until SDE2? I have 2 YOE prior to Amazon and a bachelor's degree in computer engineering. Could I make SDE2 in a year? Everywhere in blind I see people say 1.5 to 2 years, but I assumed that is for new grads. Was wondering if it's the same if I am coming in with experience. And how frequent are promotions? Li
- Amazon raises between promotions I work at a company where the only way to get a raise is to be promoted or leave. Amazon is making me an offer. If it’s on the low end of a band range will there be opportunities for me to get raises if I perform well?
- Promotions at Amazon Since amazon has a salary cap and refreshers vest after two years if you are promoted/receive a sizable target TC bump, will you not realize this change in TC for 2 years or do they provide some sort of gap coverage similar to how they handle initial sign on bonuses?
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Amazon EU Luxembourg supply chain / tech. position, low TC. Is FANG really worth it? I cleared my interviews with Amazon a few days ago and received the following offer: TC: EUR 70 Stock: 30 5 YOE tech and supply chain + top grad school This is a supply chain planning position in Luxembourg requiring analytics, business acumen and programming. Love the job but I feel that it is
- Promotions at Amazon Joining as L6 Senior PM-T. Recruiter says you make your career at Amazon. What is the path for promotions? 1. Does one become a Principal Product Manager? What is the path for becoming people manger? 2. Is one year ambitious to get promoted? What impact does one need to create as Sr. Product Manag
- OCI - Songs to praise the supreme leader Clay As someone from Amazon who joined OCI - I am shocked at the sycophancy culture and cronyism in OCI. Clay handles titles and promotions to his cronies like a king keeping his cronies in positions of power. Ofcourse not all are like that but some examples are quite shocking. So I decided to pen coupl
- Amazon (AWS) promotions How long on average, does it take to move from SDE1 to SDE2 position in AWS org?
- Working in a political org - what should I do? I work in a highly political org. People have been getting their promotions because of their relationships with manager and directors. I believe I have more knowledge than my counterparts who are getting promoted over me, but I lack people skills. I like to bond and spend time with my family and clo
- vote Is higher education (after UG) necessary for promotions? I have completed my UG and going to join Amazon. Is MS in CS necessary for promotions in later years of my career? More specifically, is there anything like "This is the maximum title you can get with just a UG degree." Are there any obstacles(like pay, not valuing your opinions etc) in any form
- Going to switch companies, manager offering promotion now, confused. I am Sde 2 in Amazon . Have been Sde2 from past 4.5 years( Top ratings throughout , victim of reorgs). Currently leading my team and charter. I have no issues with team ,.however it felt my org is pretty unstable (frequent leadership changes) . Also my hike has been 0.4% base, no stocks. Casually tr
- Google T4 to T5 promotion Hi, I received Google offer for T4. There is not much hope of getting promotion to sde3 in Amazon due to recent reorgs happening in my team. Also, learning is limited as there are no good projects in my team, everyone is doing rest and vest. I am considering Google offer. How easy/difficult is it
- Should I stay or go? Okay, so I joined Amazon as a "new grad" after master's. TC is ~170k. I had close to 3 years of experience in startup-ish cultures where the focus is more on getting things done than dragging it to the point where I'm asked to fix an extra spaces in comment and documentation. It's just annoying and
- Is Google bad for career? Reading multiple posts about promotions in Google, it does not appear to be a good career option anymore. This is specially true for T3, T4 as people struggle to move to T5. Also, in terms of learning and career growth, many people suggested to join /move fb/uber. So, is it still a good idea to joi
- Google L4 for Amazon sde2 with 7 yrs of experience Hi, I am sde2 with Amazon with total experience of 7 years (2 yrs before Amazon). I have received L4 offer from Google, which is equivalent to sde2 in Amazon. Should I wait to get promoted to sde3 ( manager says 3-6 months, but I would consider 1 year to be safe) Or jump the ship now? Promotions
- How long does PIP stay on Amazon’s employee records? I was put under PIP at Amazon many years ago. I desperately needed the insurance, so resigning was not an option so went through with the PIP. To the best of my knowledge I survived the (extremely stressful) 3-month PIP, or so my manager said to my surprise when I asked him specifically on the last
- How do promotions work at MSFT for PMs? This question is about the PM job family. Curious to know how promotions work at Microsoft. What is the process? At Amazon there has to be a detailed document making the case and peer feedback from a number of people (depending on level). Without written feedback, it is impossible to promote. Is
- Amazon promotion process Can someone tell me more about how promotions work at Amazon? I’m hearing the process has changed and you have to write your own promo doc now.
- Amazon India manager levels What level is it when someone's profile says Manager III at amazon? Their precious titles were Manager II and Manager I but the promotions were within a year each