- link Wrecked! Facebook's performance review process in the news https://www.businessinsider.sg/former-facebook-employees-describe-brutal-job-performance-reviews-2019-1/
- Are Facebook engineers really smart? I have seen many people whom I would not consider very smart, making it to Facebook. Yet, Facebook is the F of FAANG. Are they really smart to be working at Facebook or is the special thing about working at Facebook is the great compensation? Just today saw the news of fb having 3 world wide outages
- vote Is Two Sigma still a top company for engineers? It's no question that Two Sigma pays engineers as much as Google and Facebook. There have also been a few anecdotes in the past that its culture and general treatment of employees is excellent and quite similar to Google's. However, Glassdoor seems to tell a different story, especially recently, wi
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Facebook interview, reviews fb messages?? I heard FB reviews your messages and private profile data during the interview process. Any truth to this??
- What do you talk about with your manager in 1:1? 3 yoe software engineer at Facebook. I have a hard time filling the 30 minute weekly 1:1 with my manager. Generally spend the first 10-15 mins syncing up on projects I'm working on and maybe what's coming next and all that. Occasionally stuff comes up (PTO, performance reviews, changes in the com
- link Fake Reviews by Facebook Facebook has been caught posting fake reviews of its failed “portal” product. https://www.foxnews.com/tech/facebook-employees-caught-posting-5-star-reviews-on-amazon-of-portal
- Netflix job question Hey Blind, I recently got an offer from Netflix. TC: $380k (all but 5% is cash) A bit about me, 4 YOE in a mix of software eng roles and data eng roles, with my most recent role being at Facebook - IC4 - TC: $190k (with good performance reviews) I’m kind of floored that Netflix more than double
- Microsoft PM to Facebook TPM Just got an offer for Facebook TPM role in Menlo Park location. Wondering if it is a good move as it is the TPM role and not PM. Read mixed reviews about TPM role in Facebook. Need help in deciding. Facebook community can you please advise?
- Facebook Review System What is the performance review system like at Facebook? Do they force a small % employees into low ratings during reviews? Does peer feedback play a huge factor?
- How are reviews done in Facebook? Is there is a curve? Is it true that if you have an ok-ok semester you should start packing?
- Facebook onsite response I had an onsite at Facebook. 3 coding interviews and 1 design. My recruiter told me I had mixed reviews from the interviewers. I did well on two and not so well on two. Has anyone been in a similar situation? Do you know what it means to have “mixed” reviews and how it relates to the final result?
- link Nice try FB dumbasses It's a product that is going to fair miserably. Not sure which greatly exceeding product manager had this dumbass idea in the first place. https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/17/18186990/facebook-portal-amazon-reviews-fake-employee-5-star-astroturfing
- Facebook Portal Group Hello all, I ust got a call from a @FB recruiter. He was pitching a test position at Facebook Portal group. Could anyone provide more information about the group? Yes, I know about Portal devices reviews on Amazon. I am more interested in group moral and if they have plans to increase hardware pres
- link Facebook employees, really? https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/17/18186990/facebook-portal-amazon-reviews-fake-employee-5-star-astroturfing Of course this may not be true, but what's wrong in having a little fun?
- Reference check after FB onsite ? I recently did the Facebook onsite interviews and my recruiter got back saying she needed references and that reviews with respect to my interviews were positive. What should I expect from the final review and reference check ? Any experiences ? Turn around time ?
- Facebook Data Engineer interview I had my Facebook onsite interview for Data Engineer position in Monday. I told recruiter that I had another offer from start up and to expedite the process. Recruiter told me in Facebook every Tuesday and Thursday tech council meets and reviews and makes decisions about new candidates and will let
- Unbiased Jeff's News Paper Bezos is trying to spoil his own companys reputation in his own news paper - https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/how-merchants-secretly-use-facebook-to-flood-amazon-with-fake-reviews/2018/04/23/5dad1e30-4392-11e8-8569-26fda6b404c7_story.html?utm_term=.87510244c7c6. Thug Life :p
- Question about managing technical teams at Facebook Hi I want to ask our blind community for some of the effective ways they use to manage their technical teams , ML teams specifically . As a Facebook , LinkedIn or google managers who really feel they are making a difference and helping their teams achieve something greater . How do you set the teams
- Investors needed for guitar company I'm looking for investors to help grow my guitar company. Located in the Los Angeles area, have about 10k Facebook followers, internationally known, have reviews in magazines and online, been in business for about 6 years and growing ever since. Previously, I managed a music computer business and
- Yelp fraud? Found a girl on Facebook buying reviews. How can I report her?
- Need More User Focused Features Meaning it seems like there's a lot of functionality built for businesses using any of LinkedIn's paid products but I have not seen as many new features for regular employees that use LinkedIn. For example LinkedIn used to publish where workers came from prior to joining a company which is useful b