- Google L4 vs Facebook E4 offer base/stock(over 4 years)/bonus Facebook: 160/300/100 Google: 160/350/100 Still negotiating, Google just increased stock, don’t think FB will budge. better growth at FB, but better WLB at Google similar to mine at MS (30hrs/week including lunch). 1 YOE, 220k TC update: Thanks for all the feedbac
- Got the below email from the recruiter. Any idea what does this mean? Got the below email from the recruiter. Any idea what does this mean? "I got interview feedback. Do you have time to chat today tomorrow? PS. It's from Facebook
- From laid off to 6 offers and 2x TC Sorry this post is late, I know some people were waiting for me to write this TL;DR: Got laid off, was sad, studied hard, did a bunch of interviews, did a bunch of back-to-back onsites, got 6 offers, doubled my previous TC This is my story on how I went from someone that never leetcoded or done a
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Facebook Onsite E4: Chances of passing HC I recently had my Facebook onsite. 2 coding 2 behavioural 1 system design Recruiter said the feedback was really good. 1st coding round was a hire (admittedly I struggled a bit here because I didnt fully understand the question) 2nd coding round was a strong hire Design was also a strong hire Beha
- Google L5 or Facebook E5 or Amazon L6 offer Have offers from all three for Android sde. Amazon will get back on feedback, likely positive. Location Seattle for all three. Google - 180/600/some bonus Facebook - 190/500/50k 10yoe I want to join fb and I have asked for 200/600/100k based on Google offer. Recruiter is asking to show Google off
- Choosing between Google L4 and Facebook E5 Hey Blind members. Recently got offer from Google (L4) and Facebook (E5). Both the companies are offering almost same TC. Google is the vault team at Sunnyvale and Facebook is the notification team at Menlo park. I am very confused at this moment about which company to join and would like to get vie
- link H1-b Transfer - LCA Odds of Denial UPDATE: Guys I would like to apologize for the misinformation I provided yesterday. It was not intentional, the data (link provided below) is there referred to as H1b program data and description field for Case Status is given as "Status associated with the last significant event or decision. Valid
- Offer evaluation (Bay area) - Confused! Credit Karma - ~300k Reddit - ~270k Confluent - Expecting numbers soon Yelp - IC3 - Expecting numbers soon Facebook - Expecting numbers soon LinkedIn - Expecting numbers soon Pending - Dropbox - Feedback was positive but reevaluating team. While I am waiting on the feedback from FB and LinkedIn,
- Fixing the Gender ratio in tech I fully understand and accept the problem but I feel that the way we are tackling this at the moment is not correct. All I see in the name of WIT is millions of $$ spent on fancy beach side conference vacations, expensive travel and swags, reserved ticket for women in Google IO and certain unreason
- FANG dream job hunt Hi Ladies/ moms, Just as every engineer has this dream to get into FANG companies, I started preparing for Senior Software Engineer interviews end of 2017. Being a working mom of a first grader and kindergartener, I used to prepare in the evenings and weekends (with husband taking care of the kids
- System Design Would an interviewer at FAANG kindly refer me to a quality solution of any system design problem, please? Since I’ve never been given proper feedback, it’s been hard for me to correctly access interview expectations. Sources like the system design primer and grokking seem inadequate, but I might be
- Tough decision - FB I am currently working in a good position (as a planner, non swe) with good flexibility and wlb in Seattle. Also have a good standing in my organization. I recently got a call from Facebook to interview and cleared it. After a couple of back n forth on compensation, I am Ok with what they offered.
- Lost my touch of interviewing? Feeling disappointed. I got rejected from Facebook, Google, Amazon , and 6 other companies. So disappointed. I feel like I dont know how to give interviews. Most of the time I thought I was doing well and feedback comes No. What should I do to improve? 10 YOE 300k TC
- Breaking the system design enigma I got reject from Facebook, Uber, & LinkedIn. Got same feedback from all - overall very positive, coding very strong but system design/architecture skills should be improved. I am a full stack engineer but most of the work I have done is in front end. The system design knowledge I have is obtained b
- facebook interview feedback - any chance for follow up Had onsite last week for a full stack role 1 design 1 jedi 2 coding The first 2 went good and have a good feeling about them. But for the other 2 coding rounds - 1 had a medium leet with a variation(3-4 line change from the first solution with a bug which I fixed) The second one I had time only to
- link Microsoft, Google and Facebook Interviews I interviewed last week at Google Cloud, Facebook Oculus and Microsoft Azure. G and FB in the Bay Area with independent interview loops and MSFT was a hiring event in Redmond. Just received an email from Microsoft that they're extending an offer. Google recruiter has let me know that my packet has
- I went through a terrible experience doing Facebook interview! So I think my recent experience with Facebook will make me refuse any future interview requests with them ever! So here is the long story. I was approached last year by a recruiter for a position of senior solution engineer. He talked with me for a while and verified that my experience fits very wel
- Facebook onsite interview feedback After Facebook onsite. Recruiter said let's talk on phone about 'feedback and next steps'. On phone she said "positive feedback but other candidate is better fit". And that FB will reach out soon for other roles and since I already did full day onsite , if next opportunity comes within 3-6 months I
- Stay in Facebook (E4) or Google L4 PhD + 1+ y.o.e. Hey Blind members. Recently got offer from Google (L4). I am working for Facebook(E4) with 1+ y.o.e. Google is the security team at Sunnyvale. Google provides higher package. I am very confused at this moment and would like to get views from the community. Any candid feedback would
- Impressed with L3 Google Interview Interviewed with Google today. I was very impressed with the questions. I've never seen any of those before, on leetcode, hackerrank. 4 interviews went pretty well. I screwed up 1 royally. Topics covered were trees, lists, stacks/queues, math, graphs. Recruiter told me if there's a positive feedbac
- Facebook phone screen reject I had a phone screen interview with Facebook and I thought it went well, as I coded 2 questions in the 45 minutes. But surprisingly I got a reject email from them "Thank you for interviewing with Facebook. I received feedback from your technical screen and unfortunately, the feedback is not stron
- vote Reasons for getting another phone screen? I have mixed feelings of my performance. I had a Facebook phone screen and they said the interviewer feedback indicated they didn’t have a clear signal and they want to do another phone interview. I take it as it hit, but what are your thoughts? Is it usually related to coding speed? or maybe inter
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Facebook Onsite Feedback / Hiring Process From my understanding, after the onsite there is a interviewer debrief during which time they make a decision. (https://www.teamblind.com/article/Facebook-Order-of-steps-after-onsite-EpNm1rwn) 1. The recruiter has seen the feedback by this time. If you receive positive "vibes" from the recruiter, i
- In serious need of right direction and thought process I have been rejected from on site interview four times in a row now. > Amazon : Data Analyst > Facebook : Business Integrity Specialist > Expedia : Sr. Strategy Analyst > Facebook : Product Data Opetations Specialist Current role : Associate, Data & Analytics YoE : US - 2, Total - 4.5 Intervie
- Google & Facebook re-interview I got a call from Google recruiter and set a telephonic interview next month. I had my onsite interview during February, 2019 and recruiter said my last interview feedback was very close and she said I would mostly make it this time, if I continue my preparation. I have a telephonic round with Faceb
- Recently interviewed at Fang and after that i am realizing i am not much inclined to be a coder. Recently i was interviewed at Facebook, Google and got rejected. Not really discouraged but this interview process gave me an insight that Coding is not something i love anymore. And their interview process is more focused on coding, for both i got an exceptional feedback for System design but i was
- Lack of experience when facing interviews I am a UI/UX designer and I’ve been working for 10 years. Now I’m looking for a job and I see that companies requiere lots of things like UX research and user testing and I don’t have that experience because it wasn’t my job at any of the companies I’ve worked for. Now I feel stuck. I have lots of e
- link Facebook: Order of steps after onsite So I'm in the post interview anxiety phase after an onsite at FB and trying to understand the process and also want to write this out for others who are in my situation. After talking to my recruiter and after browsing through the posts here in blind, I think here are the steps. (Q1==>) Can somebod
- Does facebook evaluate the lunch interview? I have a facebook onsite coming up this week. Do facebook lunch interviewers submit feedback? I know google doesn't, and only submits feedback if you say something bad enough to be hr worthy.
- Facebook system design tips I did on site for e5 backend swe. Feedback was Goode except 1 of the 2 design rounds interviewer feedback was soso. Recruiter shared that overall design was good but I stumbled a bit when doing numeric estimates of storage, machine cost. Seems that Facebook cares a lot of estimating the real cost of
- Facebook PMM - waiting for final decision Just looking for some insight/guidance into the hiring process at Facebook. I got amazing feedback from the hiring team (manager and director) throughout the process and had my onsite interview with 3 cross-functional partners on Friday. I felt that the onsite went ok- not as good as my previous ro
- Horrible experience with Facebook recruiting The recent experience I had with a Facebook recruiter for a TPM role, spanning over 3 months, is by far the worst I ever had. This experience stands out, as I have worked at and/or interviewed with other tech companies and all of them have displayed at least normal levels of professionalism. Below
- Interviewing from outside US I took a break for sometime and currently in India. I am looking for new opportunities now. I was on H-1b and I also have my I-140 approved. I am planning to move back to the Bay Area now. Has anyone been able to successfully interview from outside the US and move back ? If anyone’s hiring and wi
- Facebook follow-up design interview I did Facebook on-site a few days back. The recruiter said feedback from all rounds were great except one system design round and they want to do one more follow up loop for system design. Is this normal ? What are my chances now? Also any tips about how to prepare for this interview ?
- link Chances of rejection beyond debrief at FB Referencing: https://www.teamblind.com/article/Facebook-Order-of-steps-after-onsite-EpNm1rwn What i know: - failed fb onsite 1.5 years ago - did ok for this onsite, passed all coding questions and followups What my recruiter told me: - Probed for followup for E5 but didnt do it, team decided I was
- Facebook onsite update I had onsite interview with Facebook last Friday. The recruiter reached out to me asking if I had time for a quick call to go over some feedback he received so far and what the next steps are? How should I interpret this message?
- Its been 2.5 weeks since I have completed my interview at Facebook.Followed up with the recruiter with no response ? It's been 2.5 weeks since I have completed my interview with Facebook. I tried following up with the recruiter with no response? The last email from recruiter was she will get back to me with updates as soon as possible. Until last round feedback was positive and they even called me to ask for my s
- Leetcode bar for companies I am preparing for interviews and wanted to get some idea as where do I stand. So will appreciate if someone could clarify leetcode bar for different companies. I am measuring it in time required to solve different complexity leetcode problems and I am dividing companies in different categories Lik
- Facebook Rejection Recently, I had an interview at Facebook. I did perfect in all 3 coding rounds. My design round was just OK. Recruiter said he got 4 positive responses from the interviewers and kind of hinted about salary conversations as he was waiting to hear back from Hiring committee. The next day he said that
- +ve interview but redirected to other roles at Facebook I got positive feedback from Facebook interview but was not selected for the role I interviewed as they found another candidate whose experience aligned better. The recruiter mentioned they really liked me and found me to be a great cultural fit. She even quoted the feedback from the most senior mem
- A little dejected! A long rant, so apologies in advance. I worked in algo trading for couple of years and made some good moolah, but hated the Fucking culture there. Life is too short to put up with opaque, unfriendly, back-stabbing, toxic culture. I wanted to try my hands in tech, and applied to Google and Facebook;
and industry lounge.
- Facebook interview experience Had an onsite at Facebook last week. 1 behavioural, 2 coding and 2 system design. The interviewers seem very friendly. Had 2 problems in each of the coding rounds. Though I arrived at the optimal solution for all the problems, I feel like I received quite a few hints, it felt more like a collaborat
- Facebook level 4 TPM offer Hi, I want to get a feedback from the community regarding offer to my spouse for Level 4 TPM position at Facebook (Menlo Park, CA). The candidate has 5.5 yoe. Offer details - Base: 142k Annual bonus : 10% RSU: 90k ( vest over 4 years) I feel that the recruiter is playing hard at negotiation. Please
- Just had Facebook onsite for full stack swe. Just had onsite at Facebook for full stack SWE. Here’s how I did. Could the community provide some feedback while I’m anxiously waiting for the official. - design round: just poor :( - behavior round: did great! - coding round 1: two probs, did great! - coding round 2: finished the first, rushe
- How to Improve at Problem Solving interview? It is worth it? Recently I took the Uber Onsite interview, I did 4 interviews: 1.- Problem solving 2.- Live coding (problem solving) 3.- Behavioral 4.- System design Then I got rejected, however the recruiter feedback was 50-50, he told me I aced the System design and behavioral (communicate ideas, etc, etc) inte
- FB - Another phone interview post onsite Completed an onsite interview for Facebook last week. Standard 4 rounds (2 coding, 1 behavioral, and 1 system design). Went well and received positive feedback from Recruiter yesterday. But he said even though the overall feedback was good, the HC thinks based on my experience level and how the othe
- Facebook onsite result timelines? I interviewed at facebook last Monday for Engineering role and recruiter said he/she will have an initial update in 48 hours. I followed up couple of times and did not get any response from him/her till today. Now he/she says, one of the interviewers did not key in the feedback. I am now worried if
- Contract @ Google/Facebook? In a pickle and hoping for some advice/interesting views to help me make a tough decision. Current YOE 9, TC ~$190k. Summary: I recently interviewed for non-tech FTE roles at Facebook and Google but am now looking at contract roles at both. Tl; dr: stay put in a good job in a dying industry, or ass
- Interviewed with Facebook Recently I had an on-site interview with Facebook for the Enterprise engineer role. After few days recruiter reached out to me saying that the interview feedback was positive but they decided not to hire. Further he said that there's another position open in Oculus (infra engineer) and asked me if I
- Looking for referrals after graduating from Leetcode I just finished practicing with Leetcode and I feel confident tackling onboard technical interviews. I made it to google onsite, I solved all interview questions by delivering running code for optimal algorithms O(N) and O(log N), but didn't get an offer where the feedback was: strong coding, strong