- Most interesting groups at the tech firms? Amazon: Corp Dev, A9, AWS biz dev Google: Brain, Capital, Waymo Netflix: original content AirBnB: Corp dev
- Netflix Emails What service Netflix uses to send emails? AWS SES or SendGrid or Responsys or such? or its own proprietary platform?
- Hardest Technical Challenge With AWS Interview Question Interviewers keep asking me what was the hardest technical challenge with AWS and I don’t have anything memorable I can think of. I’ve never built anything or know of applications that require scale greater than AWS can handle. Netflix and Instagram run perfectly fine on AWS. I also don’t find any p
- Netflixers how much do you make? There was netflix comp thread about 2 years ago, asking again to see how much things have changed. I remember someone mentioned $420k tc at that time. I am senior sde in aws, considering netflix. My current comp is $350k, do you know what can I expect. 6 yrs total at Amazon.
- Are LinkedIn and Netflix actually interesting? People say good perks and salary. But isn't it super boring there? LinkedIn just has the website. Netflix just has streaming sitting on top of AWS. Both already up and running. Where is the challenge.
- Most interesting non-tech jobs at tech firms? Just a partial list. Would love to get people's thoughts. Corp dev at Netflix Content at Netflix Strategy at Google X Investments at Google Ventures BD at Facebook live sports Corp dev at Amazon Product at AWS machine learning and AI
- How many engineers for OITNB Orange is the New Black comes out in 30 minutes at midnight local time. Millions of people are refreshing their screens. How many people from Netflix eng or AWS are up monitoring the expected traffic spike?
- How does it impact IT companies when recession kicks off Amazon: e-commerce revenue could decrease, consumers focus on life essentials and become more price sensitive, AWS growth may slow down What do you think of Amazon, Google, Facebook, Netflix, Uber, Lyft, Microsoft etc in recessions? Which company can do even better during recessions? YouTube, Face
- Why are Apple and Amazon among FAANG? FAANG is only in terms of stock, not tier one tech or internet companies. Tier 1 should be F, G, Netflix, Airbnb, Uber and a few... AWS may count, Alexa is like tier 1.5, and retail is 1.5 or 2 depend on team. Apple is a great company. But it’s not as good as others in terms of internet products
- vote Who owns the Internet? There are a lot of ways to define who owns the internet... By entry point/navigation: Google By bandwidth: Netflix/Pornhub By humanity: Facebook By infrastructures: Amazon(aws) By life well-beings: Amazon(merchandise) So... Which company do you think own the Internet as of now, 2019!?
- Netflix referral Hey Everyone, I know that this request gets posted quite a bit, but I am looking for a referral for Netflix for PM and Biz Dev roles. Currently a senior PM at AWS. Anyone able to lend an assist? Thanks much!
- Common Blind abbreviations AI - Artificial Intelligence AMZN - Amazon AWS - Amazon Web Services BI - Business Intelligence BIE - BI Engineer BS - Bachelor of Science or bullshit DE - Data Engineer DS - Data Scientist EE - Electrical Engineering or Enterprise Engineering EM - Engineering Manager FANG - Facebook, Amazon, Netfli
- Career growth reflection I just wanted to write this out because I have a bit of time…I’ve been self reflecting on what I achieved over the course of 4 years with regards to my software engineer career in the Bay Area. 2 years ago I was a software engineer at PayPal earning 96K TC straight out of college with B.S. in CS. I
- Stackoverflow discouragement for applying for a job. I have been working on my own startups for last 5 years; established 2 companies, one took off, makes around 500k yearly, and one didn’t. The one didn’t take off was in US and it was my recent one. I raised money for it from US investors and also went through one of the well known startup accelerato
- link PM Interview Prep Plan: How I got PM offers from Google, Expedia, Microsoft, and Facebook Five months ago I got fedup with the crap culture at Amazon (needs a separate post) and decided to start working on my game plan for interviews at tech companies. Now, I have three offers from the tech companies - Expedia is travel not in the same league I know. No trolls please. Profile: CS Engine