- Finally after 25 interviews I have 2 offers! Finally made it, below is the list of companies I was rejected by Dropbox -3 times Box Realtor eBay - 2 times Facebook - 4 times Google - 3 times Lyft Funding circle DoorDash Instacart Airbnb Game time LinkedIn Uber - 3 times Adobe Updater Upwork Ancestry New TC - 230k YOE - 5 yrs Edit
- vote Airbnb vs. Uber SWE Offers I have offers from Airbnb and Uber. Both in SF 2yoe Uber software engineer II 152k base 13.5k-27k annual cash bonus 52k-105k annual stock refresh 50k sign on bonus 9600 stock units / 4 years at 409a price (I think this equates ~390k over 4 years. Correct me if I am wrong) Airbnb L4 SWE: 180k base
- How to calculate startup equity over time? Said I joined a company at a 100 million dollar valuation with 1% equity. So right now my paper money should be 1 million dollars. Then a funding round happens where the VCs fork over 50 million dollars and the company is now valued at 500 million dollars. This should mean the company valuation gr
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Should I hire Company or people to build app I met with an investor who wants to come onboard and fund my currently nonexistent startup. He seemed fine putting in $50k upfront for about 10-20% (I’m not too worried about equity right now). His partners may put in more. I said $50k is pretty low and isn’t enough to get the app up and running. I
- Series F startup options Hi, How much options should one expect from a series F startup worth 2b and 200m funding? Going to be employee #250 ish for a senior tech role (director type) reporting to VP. The options are not RSUs like Uber or Airbnb. TC: ~600 (b4 2019 refreshers and raise), M2 level
- Uber current 409a value I am expecting L5 offer from Uber. Recruiter mentioned that I will be getting stock at new 409a values. Did the value significantly change after recent funding? What is the current 409a stock price? Current TC 350
- Series B startup comp Expecting an offer from a series B startup in Autonomous driving space. Company has 150 m funding and 150 employees. Any idea on expected comp? Can I expect same level as Uber etc? Current tc 180 Yoe 18 :(
- vote concerned about companies with strong retention? I have solid offers with 2 small tech companies that appear to be well respected. Both companies have really strong employee retention within their engineering orgs, with a high percentage of engineers staying after 5+ years. Both companies just took an additional round of funding at > $50m and > $1
- Grab 2billion funding Wondering how's Uber reacting with Grab receiving $2 billion dollars of funding. Grab is Ubers competitor in Southeast Asia
- RSUs at private companies If I get RSUs at a private company like Uber, and the value of Uber increases due to another round of funding during to my time there, do I have to pay cash out of pocket on the paper gains if I leave Uber before an IPO?