- vote Microsoft Vs Expedia - Please Please Help Banging my head! Suggestions please! Expedia - I hated my team and so I started exporing opportunities outside. I interviewed with MS and got an offer, at the same time I shifted by team here at Expedia. Now I love my team and the work I am doing (customer facing stuff). Doing leadership stuff (mos
- SDE II at Expedia I have 14 yoe. Expedia is offering me SDE II rather than Senior. Would it be Ok to accept? Is it easy to get promoted for new hires? What would be the pay range for SDE II?
- Do you love your company’s product? I realized that I don’t. I use Expedia only if it gives me the best deal. I recently got promoted and got more responsibilities, but the lack of interest in our product makes my job painful. Do you love your company’s product and use it a lot?
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- What is happening to Hotwire? Good employees leaving Hotwire is run by politics and inefficient Product Owners who talks and only save their ass. Engineering is given shit for all. No promotions/hikes for years now. Everyone from CEO, President, CTO left or fired. People who play in words and politics are getting promotions only!!! Is it same in outsi
- Is it easy to promote inside Expedia for sde? Is it easy to promote? Does this depend more on your own work or the manager? How long can they promote on average for each level?
- MSFT > EXPE > MSFT good idea? I left MSFT in the Ballmer days and been with Expedia for a few years, I'm now considering going back because I hear the culture in MS has shifted(positively) since Satya took over. I like the WLB at EXPE and the travel perks, but management is broken beyond repair, I have seen solid, hardworking de
- Expedia career levels -Analytics roles I recently got an offer from Expedia in Seattle as an Analytics Manager and slated to join in 2 weeks. What are the levels of roles -Analyst, Sr Analyst, Manager , Sr. manager etc? My team said we they can promote me to a senior manager within a year . Is that even practical?
- Expedia SDE 1 to SDE 2 I have joined Expedia a couple of months ago with around 2 yrs experience. When should I expect to be promoted? Does the promotion cycle is every quarter or year at Expedia?