- link Twitter tech apprenticeship: Whites, Asians, and Indians need not apply. “...women, black, Latinx, Native American, etc, just to name a few. We’d like to highly encourage these, and all the folks from similar backgrounds, to apply” “Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex,
- Confessions of a FAANG hiring manager I’ve read a lot of posts recently about confounding or failed interviews at top tech firms. As someone who regularly serves as an HM (direct and indirect) at one of the most selective, I’ve also been bogged down by a flood of them in the past 2 Qs. I want to shed some light from the other side. Fir
- Amazon Alexa AI Team SDE 2 vs Microsoft Azure Level 60? Hi I have received an offer from Amazon AlexaAI team located in Seattle. The recruiter reached out asking me a salary I am expecting. I said I am expecting 250k (Have got competing offers). Please help me out with your insights. The current level they are offering is SDE 2, L5. 1. What is the exp
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- HR policies i have had issues with my manager, she keeps putting false complaints to HR. the HR doesnt even given me an opportunity to explain and issued me a warning. my manager was doing everythung to ruin my career. but by luck, there was organizational restructuring and my manager was changed. the day it ha
- Getting rejected from on-site, although performing decently(Friday rant) Been to 3-4 on-sites, but got rejected from them. Feedback is always like did well, but not well enough, for the level you are applying to. But nothing specific about what i lacked. so how is one supposed to improve, if we dont exactly know what we need to improve. Getting tired of getting rejected
- vote Which company is the most recession proof? Everyone is talking about the upcoming recession but I’m considering changing company while on h-1b. Evaluating job safety vs. career opportunity, which company would you choose? Ps. I want to get to senior ASAP, so Google is not the default option here.
- Evaluating offers - Help! Trying to evaluate 3 offers in SF 1) Company: series C funded startup. Role: tech lead of core eng team (5 devs) Base 180k, 86000 options, flex PTO Have a call today to figure out how to evaluate the potential value of those options. Small company (25 devs). Would have opportunity to form culture a
- Promotion w/out pay Hey folks, Im in a situation where I had been offered a role as a team lead (lets say level 6) to lead 3 people. I accepted the role and took a slight dip in salary because I wanted to grow as a manager and my previous employer were not giving me this opportunity. Anyway, I arrived to work a few m
- H1B Transfer approved but, have another offer I had an offer from company B and got my H1B transfer done and approved. Before, I quit my current company A to join B got an opportunity to interview with my dream company C. I attended and got an offer from C after I quit A. Can I move from A to C and not join B? I know, it is not ethical to qui
- Switching from Back-end ASIC to Performance modeling/Computer Architecture/System level design. I am currently working on Physical design/Physical design methodology. Over the last couple of weeks these few points are bothering me : 1. Disparity between SW and HW engineers TC. 2. Long term future of being a HW ASIC engineer. 3. Intel as a company not looking promising. I am considering switch
- Since we're on the subject of Google... Let me start by saying I in NO way want to or intend to discuss the manifesto fiasco. But what I do find strange about the whole thing is how Google jumped to be a knight in shining armor to the sensitivity and well being of employees when, in my first hand experience, they have some of the most su
- Obsessed with FB data scientist role! I really want to hear from FB data scientists! For some reason, I think working at FB as a data scientist would be really great for me. I’m not happy with my current TC and don’t see a bright future for the disk drive industry. Also, there is literally no room to grow in my current organization. Cu
- vote Offer Off: Google (L4 SWE EngProd) vs. Amazon (L5 SDE Alexa AI) Hi, I'm trying to decide between offers from Google (L4 SWE EngProd) or Amazon (L5 SDE Alexa AI) in Seattle. My primary concern is that at Amazon I would be working on an AI team doing NLU, which is where I want my career to go. At Google I would be working on quality of another app, which is not
- Google DevRel Advocate Total Compensation? I've got an opportunity to possibly join the company in this role. I'm interested and am coming from a contribute background for the past 10 years or so. I like the idea of moving over to this side of the development space for potential personal exposure. Does anyone have a clear understanding of t
- Google onsite tomorrow (I wanted to vent a bit, I don't expect any solid answers) I am a bit nervous for my onsite with Google tomorrow probably for different reasons than most are. I am in my late 20s and spent a large chunk of my early 20s in prison. I spent a lot of time developing myself since then. I hit the ground
- Refusing to take a demotion offer at Google? Google offer as a level 1 PM, and based off pay scale it seems like a demotion. And offer TC is like... 20% down, though I am a high performer at my current company (Salesforce). I have a refresher/equity history to prove it, and on track for a second promotion in 12 months. Level-wise, they said m
- Change of employer before I-140 180 days window closure TL;DR: Should I wait for an additional month at the current company to finish 180 days, when I have a strong motivation to not to wait? Situation: Have approved I-140 but 180 days window not completed yet - would be around Aug end. Have got an offer from another employer. H1B transfer is expected t
- vote Amazon Sr. Manager vs Tier 3 Exec. Amazon Sr. Manager role has a sizeable, high impact org of 50-ish people and a path to Director, but no guarantees. Smallish fish in big pond. TC: 750k Tier 3 exec role is at a pretty well known, smaller, publicly traded company often cited on Blind as a tier or two below Amazon in those ridiculous
- Terminal level at your company? Google recently changed it to L4 which is 2 years out of undergrad. Imagine peaking your career 2 years out of college... How much opportunity for growth does your company allow?
- EM role early career Currently job hunting and I had a question that mentors irl have only been partially helpful with. I have an offer for a startup in SF for an EM role for 150 base with stocks being negotiated currently. Company's business model is good, modern tech stack but not especially amazing tech. I do enjoy
- Referrals for a young Canadian student enthusiastic about Software! Hey there, looking for an internship opportunity for ~next year! Currently at Memorial University in NFLD. I've had several internships with a video game development company, looking to expand to some of the big staple companies!
- College Dropout looking for advice Hello all, Back in 2015, I was in my first year of business school, I struggled. Not so much with the work load, rather with the ability to maintain my focus. Give me a challenge and I will execute with precision and work until it's done, yet I didn't have an ounce of passion or drive to complete m
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Constant anxiety and depression I left Amazon because I was really unhappy. After many years there getting consistently promoted, I still felt unhappy and uninspired. I really do believe the environment was not good for me so I left. I got this awesome opportunity over at MS and I’ve been building cool stuff. The politics are con
- 4.5 YOE Finance in Amazon, just turned L6. Salary bump sucks, what's better out there? Joined Amazon as L4 Financial Analyst fresh from undergrad. Been with the company about 4.5 years and just became L6 Sr. Financial Analyst. The salary bump is very disappointing (only $18K), now TC $140K. Averaging ~60-70hrs per week, worked on 50% weekend for the last 2.5 years, doing the work no
- Career move (FANG now? OR after 2 - 3 of experience) ? Studied CS and have 1 year of web application development experience. Is it better to have 2 - 3 years of experience doing software development (React, Node, Docker, AWS, TypeScript, Unit tests, etc) at a smaller company and then move to FANG? I will be working at a smaller sized tech company where
- The truth about counter offers I've noticed the accepted wisdom on blind is to never accept a counter offer from your current company under any circumstances. I highly disagree. Accepting a counter can be awesome. Being on both sides of the situation several times as a manager and ic, here are my thoughts on how it actually works
- what is the best way to find team for OOM? additionally, what kinda prep is needed for OOM interview? hoping to change team early next year... OOM = opportunity open marketplace (internal company job fair to switch teams)
- Underpaid ? I am a SWE with 1.5 years at an American company in India and 1 year at VerizonMedia Sunnyvale. I started working with VZM a year back at IC2 level for 123k(base)+14k(bonus); Due to Verizon acquisition there was no year end raise as VZ HR algorithm calculates raise based on band equalization so that
- Need Advice: Choosing two offers Dear Blind, I am a 25 year old mechanical engineer and I have two offers that I'm having a hard time deciding between. Both are located in southern california Offer one: Offer one is at a sheet metal/HVAC company that I worked for before I started working for my most current employer (I left a yea
- Looking for genuine advice from wise people ! I have a real problem. Looking for a solution. so, please dont troll. I'm an introvert in nature. So, i take 1-2 years to create a good connection with anyone (to make friends and have good relationship) Job 1: I started working for a company (i left with in 2 years) - I had lot fo trouble in maki
- Female dev manager I am new to my dev manager role ~in last 1 year. I took my time to be ready for this role. 15 YOE. I am technical, and like to think I am fairly good with people. I treat my team fair, I do not micromanage. I shield my team from random BS and politics crap and have them focus on the goal and delive
- What do you do if you have 6 months break from work? I am going to have a 6 months paternity leave in my company. I may not be totally busy as I am going to get some help from my in-laws. I may definitely have some free time everyday for 6 months. I am planning to take care of my health and fitness as a top priority. This is probably my one time in a
- vote Continue working on Python or switch to Java? So I worked on a small team making a small new full stack app in Python for the past couple years. I got transferred internally a month ago to a large team that uses Java and now I’m just going to be doing big fixes. I have an opportunity to hop to another position at a different company to keep wo
- What are the good things about Wayfair EU? I have an offer from Wayfair and I am seriously considering it. It's a supply chain optimization opportunity where I will be driving change and creating strategies (based on facts and data driven), taking a look at business and tech dimensions. I have gone through a lot of posts here (most of them
- Feeling guilty about H1B My H1B was picked in lottery this year but I got an RFE. Meanwhile, I got a job offer with double the TC in Bay Area. Since I didn’t want to wait for 6 months (RFE response + non-pp transfer), I jumped ship and abandoned this H1B. I have 2 more chances at lottery, but I can’t stop thinking about i
- I’m being recruited by Google at Mountain View I have 10 years of working experience, all applicable for a TPM role, more than 5 are with a significant technical role leading teams and various development projects. (Like many of you, I’m also proficient in several languages) After the initial phone screen, I have the second interview scheduled
- Working in the US after college (please help!) Hey guys. I'm an incoming freshman for a top US university (CS major), and I'd really appreciate some advice on how I can stay in the US as a software engineer. From what I've read, the path is: 1. get an offer after graduation by grinding LC, projects, and internships 2. get the company to sponsor
- Key startup employees: how was your retention package at exit? I’m in the position of being a very early SWE at a startup (employee #3, startup is now 270 people) that might have a successful exit in a couple years, and I’ve been advised from various people (outside the company) that I should stay until the end because there will likely be an additional pot of
- vote PM - Product - which offer to take Hi All, I have three offers and don’t know which one to pick. The first is a Blockchain startup within a larger public company. They are offering 160k base, 10k in equity, 10k signing and 100% 401k matching up to 6%. They also said that they can match any offer and this offer is negotiable (they s
- Applied Scientist at Amazon vs Data Scientist at Google. I have an offer from Amazon for an Applied Scientist role (heavy on NLP and ML) and a Data Scientist role at Google. The salaries are pretty close if justified by the location. My Ph.D. background is in EE with a focus on developing an ML solution. I have a few questions from blinders that would hi
- vote Importance of the name in the beginning of career? Hello, I have been working at a lesser known mid sized company (<1000 engineers) for 2 years now after I graduated. I have had so much opportunities to learn and grow in many aspects. These aspects include: front end (react, redux), back end (node js, dotnet core), infrastructure (CI/CD, tooling, h
and industry lounge.
- What’s perception of SAP? What are people’s perception of SAP as a company, career opportunity etc. ? Qualtrics was acquired by SAP and honestly trying to make heads or tails of some of that.
- LinkedIn is hiring Great company, great benefits, talented colleagues, opportunity for growth and impact. DM me for referral.
- vote Question to ppl with masters I am 26, I don't look bad, I work in a moderately good company, come from an affluent family background. My parents just started looking for a possible match. Couple of concerns has been around me not having a masters degree. How important is it really? I had the opportunity to do masters in one of
- vote Amazon is the most hated and trolled company on Blind, would you want to work at amazon? Amazon is the most hated and trolled company here in Blind, why is it considered so bad for engineers to be working there? They’re the most valuable company in the world and definitely carries a brand on resume. Given an opportunity to work as SDE at Amazon, would you take it? Tc: 240k
- Can people from third party recruitment companies be trusted? I keep receiving LinkedIn messages from people in companies like Andiamo/Solomon page/Quantitative Systems, etc. about several potential SE opportunities in the Tech space. Some even come up with opportunities from top tier companies. I once trusted a person like this who said she had some open job
- Deciding between Google & Apple Have offers from both companies as a SWE and am having a hard time choosing. I love the culture at Google, but am passionate about the product area I’d be focusing on at Apple. I would also be leveled higher at Apple. I’d prefer not to give more info than that - starting comp is somewhat comparable
- Salesforce vs. LinkedIn If given the opportunity, would you choose to work at Salesforce or LinkedIn? Provided comp is in the same ballpark for each option. I want to choose the company that has the best prestige and exit opportunities, respect for working there in the Bay area. They are both Project Manager roles or simil
- May 2020 RIT Grad Hey Blind Community, I’m new to Blind. I’m a Rochester Institute of Technology student studying MIS. I'm on my second Co-Op with a manufacturing company in Atlanta. My current position with this company is with the IT security team. They recently told me that they wouldn't be able to hire me next y
- Work permit Visa at Netherlands Hi All!! I am a employee of Indian consultancy company and got onsite opportunity for two year at Netherlands. Now i have tried job outside and got offers. Currently i am on ICT visa (Intra company transfer) and if i am joining other company. They will provide me visa sponsorship. I have a notic