- IBM is winning in cloud. Why does no one acknowledge the fact that IBM is third in the cloud business behind AWS and Azure. The media always says AWS Microsoft and Google are the 3 major cloud providers but that's wrong. Google did about 3 billion in cloud sales in 2017 while IBM did about 17 billion. Makes no sense to me.
- Should I join IBM cloud as Software Engineer? I am receiving a software engineer offer at IBM in SV for one of their cloud projects. 1. How good is IBM and its cloud division? 2. Do they give stock options? 3. Signing bonus?
- IBM New Grad - Cloud developer Recruiter asked me to tell him my “expected” salary before he could give me an offer letter. I checked up online but I cant seem to find a good number I should ask for. The position is in Raleigh,NC and I am completing my B.S. Anyone had this experience before? Suggestions?
- IBM Cloud Application Developer Entry Level Offer Recruiter asked me to tell him my “expected” salary before he could give me an offer letter. I checked up online but I cant seem to find a good number I should ask for. The position is in Raleigh,NC. Anyone had this experience before? Suggestions?
- IBM - Hybrid Cloud Data Management Offer I got an offer in the hybrid cloud department as a backend cloud developer. I was told that I will be working in hybrid data management, does anyone know what I can expect in terms of what I will be working on and the technologies I will be using?
- vote Which cloud provider would you work at? As SWE As SWE which cloud platform would you rather work at? Factors to evaluate: - the work itself - compensation - future opportunities TC 180 Update - IBM Bluemix is IBM Cloud
- link IBM Blockchain? Heard IBM is okay as long as you're in one of their growth sectors #newIBM (Cloud, AI, Blockchain). Is this true? Thinking of accepting an offer there because I'm a fan of the what IBM is doing and the Hyperledger project w/ Linux Foundation, which is what I'd be working with/on: https://www.ibm.c
- vote Which LinkedIn profile looks better? Part 2 Howdy peeps! I feel pretty guilty, I wasn't being fair yesterday: https://us.teamblind.com/s/QoHkPTNi Let's have a competition of equals. Vote! Vote! Vote! Edit: Meanwhile, d fuck? http://www.forbes.com/sites/bobevans1/2018/10/29/1-microsoft-beats-amazon-in-12-month-cloud-revenue-26-7-billion-to-
- Cloud Engineer Guys, could you please share if it’s possible to get 200+ compensation on Cloud Engineer position? I’ve worked at Microsoft, IBM now for Shell and moved recently to California. So I’d like to apply to some top IT vendors, but don’t have any idea about level of compensation🤷♂️ Is it crazy to ask 20
- vote Should Microsoft shutdown (or Sell Off) its Windows Desktop The more I use the latest windows 10 desktop OS. it feels more like abandon ware to me. Microsoft has fully shifted its focus on Cloud and Internet Services. And its pretty clear that their desktop Windows is more like a liability and I wonder how does it fit into the narrative of Cloud + Internet S
- Microsoft azure hiring event expectations. I have been invited for an azure hiring event after a phone interview. What type of interviews should I expect? More of a typical leetcode style problems on a white board or more of a system design type of interview. what would the hiring event be like? Exp : 2yrs working at IBM cloud.
- Google on-site SWE track: cloud or general? Hi, I passed my phone interview recently and have been asked by my Google sourcer about which track I want to go ahead with for SWE onsite. I am considering general and Cloud, but I am not able to decide. I have some cloud background and two published papers in the field. But I am not really like an
- Cloud Services Opportunities With Amazon so far ahead of the pack, it's surprising that Google, Microsoft, and IBM arent doubling down with their recruitment for enterprise sales roles in their cloud services divisions. Any insights into why they haven't been more aggressive with hiring in that space?
- Is Amazon worth the hype? I keep getting harassed by Amazon recruiters every week, spamming my inbox and linkedin begging me to apply. I was just wondering how many employees are actually working on high-end technologies at Amazon? I know a lot of folks who work their but they all work in teams like A9, goodreads, etc. Mostl
- Considering Intel -> IBM/Amazon/Microsoft transition for Chicago I'm trying to relocate from the West coast (Oregon) to the Midwest to be closer to family. Intel has no presence out in Chicago, but IBM/Microsoft/Amazon is there. I'm a SWE with 15 YoE in designing HW validation software, but typical SW jobs in the area require too much domain knowledge for cloud,
- Need Referrals for New Grad Computer Science Hey everybody, I am currently pursuing a Masters in Computer Science from the University of Minnesota. Will be graduating in May of this year (2019) and I am currently looking for a job after that! I have been doing Leetcode since about 3 months now (~400 questions in) I can send resume + pro
- Moving on from IBM I’ve been with IBM for about three years now. Started right out of college. Definitely enjoyed my time here and learned quite a lot, especially in regards to how a large corporation operates. Nonetheless, I’ve decided that it’s my time to finally move on and continue my career in tech elsewhere. How