- I ran the numbers, buying a home makes zero sense in 2019. So thanks to a long bull run in TC I have been seriously looking to move into a house in the range of $1.2mm - $2mm in NY/NJ region. After crunching numbers and looking at all the data it's obvious to me that I would be throwing money away. These are the top reasons I would rather rent a home or lux
- link Ditch Seattle property? Now that elections are over. It looks like the Seattle City Council is likely to try to reinstate the per employee head tax. With Amazon and Facebook building like crazy in Bellevue should I dump my investment property and buy in Bellevue? I feel the growth will be better long term there now. ht
- link Square, Stripe, Lyft against SF Proposition C https://twitter.com/jack/status/1053312149815091200?s=21 Jack Dorsey of Square saying that the revenue tax is unfair to payment processors and fintech, they will pay twice what Salesforce does. Patrick Collision of Stripe said something similar. Lyft’s reasoning is unclear but they donated against
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Change Assets One of my portfolio is up 60 % in 2 years by mostly investing in popular tech companies. Thinking of realizing the profit and move money to less risky assets ( ETFs). If any one has done something similar, any tips about how to redistribute the money among ETFs and minimize taxes ? Foe e.g. what
- Verbal vs Extended Offer Just got back from interviews (Senior Product Designer) in San Francisco and Seattle. Ended up getting both, however I’m more into the one in Seattle. Seattle job called me yesterday and verbally informed me that the BC would be $170k, and a $15k SB. However upon landing, an email came through wher