- link SnapChat company survival [Please don't think of it as making fun of the company. I respect the kind of work being done there.] https://seekingalpha.com/article/4187269-snap-slim-chance-revival I'm seeing lots of media articles on how SnapChat is doomed. If I think about the work and innovation being done, it is equival
- Snapchat future Does Snapchat have a future? FB is slowly poisoning the company towards a painful death while Snapchat watches- Why?
- link Snap VP of eng resigns, how it will affect snap? https://amp.businessinsider.com/tim-sehn-snapchat-senior-vp-of-engineering-leaves-company-2017-11
- Is Pinterest worth joining now? How does the company future look? Is it yet another Snapchat post-IPO?
- link Blackberry vs. Snapchat https://www.theverge.com/2018/4/4/17196840/blackberry-snapchat-patent-infringement-messaging-app First facebook, now Snap Blackberry is turning into a patent troll now. What a sad dying company
- Snapchat offer I have an offer from snapchat. I am currently at FB but the reason I am leaving is because my manager has made my life hell and not letting me transfer to another team. Should I join snapchat? I'm interested to know more about their Venice office culture, performance reviews and employee sentiment
- Snapchat If you could change snapchat app what features do you think would grow adoption? What is the advise for Evan? This is a serious question. Please share your creative thoughts. FB has copied the company and it shows that the company does have innovation.
- Tech companies in LA area Can you guys provide me some idea about engineering opportunities in LA area? I prefer more established and software company. Either HQ or software engineering office will do. Snapchat, Hulu, Google(one in Santa Monica, one in Irvine), Amazon(Santa Monica and Irvine), Grindr, Blizzard, .... and ?
- TPM - Snapchat: Are the stories true? I'm looking at an opportunity opening up at Snap inc. aka Snapchat. From the outside they look like a company dying. Bad decisions, poor leadership, constantly dropping stock and reports of toxic work environment. But they still keep throwing crazy parties (not really a great sign). Anyone have expe
- Impact of having a tech company on your resume/LinkedIn This is my first week of working for Microsoft. I’m soooo happy and excited!!!! :) I proudly (and loudly :D) updated my LinkedIn yesterday and I received notifications today that recruiters from Snapchat and Amazon looked at my profile. Is this normal? Is this what it’s like to have a major tech com
- Good time to join snap? A recruiter from Snap reached out to me on LinkedIn regarding a swe role at Snapchat. Curious if I should consider it? How is the culture and moral in the company? Do they pay well and are they struggling to attract and retail good talent?
- Snapchat internship posting/referral? Hi, Snapchat is one of my favorite apps and seems like a company where interns can contribute a ton. However, I have checked all year and have been unable to find a public job posting. Someone said they only hire interns through referrals. Is this true? I'd love to talk about what I can bring to the
- Layoffs To all the people out there who work for a company with employees always on edge about when the layoffs will happen, I feel for you. Layoffs suck, but the anxiety before layoffs is worse. And after it happens, it’s like a huge weight off your shoulders. I saw on Blind that SoFi and Snapchat also ju
- Is Facebook as a product dying? The company will be fine since instagram and whatsapp are very popular but to be honest Facebook is a shell of what it used to be. It might just be my news feed but it's literally just people tagging each other in memes or useless things. My little sister and her friends all also think Facebook is
- Instagram vs. Snap computer vision Does anyone else feel as if Instagram is *still* 1-2 years behind Snap in terms of advanced face filters? Most face filters on Instagram (dog ears, etc) feel basic like 2016 Snapchat. And the recent gender swap Snap filters feel far ahead of anything IG will ship soon. How is it possible that a ba
- Likelihood of cracking at least one of these companies in the Bay? Personal Ranking: Google Facebook AirBNB Netflix Instagram Snapchat Apple Uber LinkedIn Twitter Pinterest Lyft I’ve done about 100 Leetcode and I have 12 paid mock interviews lined up that I haven’t completed yet. Planning on going through “Grokking the System Design Interview” as well. I know som
- link Ppl working at FB, IG and SC, do you feel guilty/ashamed of yourself? There’s tons of studies coming out showing that social media makes people unhappy and contributes to mental illness. For those of you working at FB, IG, Snapchat (and to a lesser extent Twitter), do you feel guilty/ashamed of your impact on the society? At this point, it’s really no different from w
- Should I give up CS? I can’t make it past the phone interview of any prestigious company. I’ve failed 15+ phone interviews multiple times despite studying. All I want in the world is to make it to Facebook/Google/Snapchat but I’m so fucking shitty I can’t do these algo problems. I’ve spent $240000 for a ducking degree b
- Epic adventure while on new parent leave At company A (not Snapchat anymore), and previous company B (also not Snapchat) has been trying to get me to go back and I have been toying with the idea. But basically A vs B boils down to my faith in each company’s future and what I really would love is some sort of numerical that would make it a
- Company Tiers I’m going to be applying to SWE jobs in LA soon and wanted to get some thoughts on my rankings of most desirable companies. The main factors to consider are pay, wlb, and future opportunities. Top -Google -Snapchat -Netflix (probably don’t have the experience for this) -Facebook(do they have engine
- Embedded Specialist looking to move Asking for an acquaintance. He's currently a senior manager at a major hardware (tooling) company, leading a couple teams (and managers). ~4 years there, with almost 20 years before that as an IC (with some lead positions) firmware/embedded software engineer at various places. Basically an expert
- 🥇 MAJOR TECH EMPLOYER POWER RANKINGS (SEATTLE ONLY, Q4 2017) These rankings take into account: desirability, compensation, prestige, reputation, quality of life, exclusivity, company trajectory, social brand value, career growth opportunities, stock performance, location, office quality and a secret sauce of other factors. This analysis is focused specificall
- SDE-2 at Amazon, stay or leave? I joined Amazon 1.5 years ago. Changed team after 8 months because of bad manager. Now working in a team in retail that is working on maintaining legacy code. The work I am doing is not interesting /challenging and I push myself to get work done. I don't see any career growth here. I have masters d
- nCino - Looking to refer experienced engineers & PMs nCino is an incredibly fast growing company with an equally incredible culture headquartered in a beach town on the east coast called Wilmington, NC. A great place to raise a family and an even better place to be 20 something. No joke, I go surfing before work almost every day. We're built on top o