- Yelp Reviews get removed My wife runs a small home business. She had 70 all 5Star reviews on Yelp. Recently yelp started to filter her reviews and now she is left with only 29 reviews. This has impacted her business, she is also disturbed by this as Yelp helps generate most of her business. We tried complaining to Yelp b
- Blind clean up of posts for OCI I was in a weird meeting in OCI where we were discussing statergies to hire new people. One of the issues mentioned was bad rep on blind. It was decided that one of our daily tasks would be to fight trolls and put a great face for OCI. Didn't say anything but it does feel like manipulating the Yelp
- Sued or legal threats for negative Yelp reviews? I shared my negative experiences ( all factual) about a local business. Within the day I got a call from them. They only know my first name, but they figured it’s me from the write up. They had months to resolve the issue but went quite. I don’t care or expect anything from them. I honestly don’t w
- BLINDWhere can I find more exclusive content on Blind? Sign up to access your private company channel
and industry lounge.
- Yelp’s future after today’s crash?! @yelp : How’s the morale over at Yelp? Is the team still motivated? How do you now attract talented individuals from the industry, given so many growing pains (with your new AD revenue model, strong competition from Google Reviews, etc.) Just trying to comprehend the situation, as an outsider, and
- Where to live to commute to Mountain View? Will be working at G. Where to live? Looking for a 2br with a budget of 3500. Any specific name of communities? Places I should avoid? I've been checking Yelp and Google reviews and most places seem to be "average", whereas it's easier to find places with glowing reviews in the greater Seattle are
- Yelp should allow comments on people's reviews .
- Interview Kickstart Experiences? Scam? Has anyone here gone through the Interview Kickstart program? In researching online it seems the next two cohorts are full and they have been around since 2014. You would think, given the type of people that would go through this program and it's supposed popularity, that alumni would have written a
- link Anyone here got a puppy through PuppySpot? I am looking for a Bulldog puppy. I see a lot of great reviews on the site https://www.puppyspot.com/reviews , but yelp and BBB have some really bad reviews. I would love to hear any firsthand experiences.
- Yelp Germany What are your reviews of Yelp and Yelp Germany for a software developer? How feasible is the internal transfer process to SF?
- Best Thai food in Sunnyvale, San Jose, Milpitas and Fremont Area ? Any great dish suggestions for vegetarian in mind ? Thanks in advance, google reviews are misleading and yelp are ok I’ll share one Dustia Thai (Sunnyvale) - pad-ki-mao - mussaman curry - tum yum soup ( tamarind ) - fresh roll ( not sure if they serve or not anymore) **********
- Amazon relocation car shipping I was just wondering if anyone can share their experience shipping their car through Amazon's relocation process? They're using a car shipping broker (ACME car shipping) which does not seem to have very good yelp reviews especially regarding damage claims.
- Google immigration law firm reviewz I have signed an offer with Google and they started my H1B transfer process. I looked up the reviews of that law firm on yelp and they have very bad rating. Would like to know if anyone faced issues with h1b transfer to google? Also they gave me as estimate of 8 weeks for this process. Did anyone re
- Do folks think that Glassdoor has lost its charm? Companies have the option of paying Glassdoor to put up videos and other PR material (Featured Reviews) which show up at the top and kind of hide the negative reviews. Sounds like the problem Yelp has with its Cash for Good Reviews extortion scheme
- Bespoke/made-to-measure menswear Like many engineers my shitty little body doesn't look great in off-the-rack suits (even nice ones). I'm interested in getting something more custom, but it's really difficult to tell who's legit out there. I suspect most results on Yelp for "bespoke" are outsourcing to made-to-measure sweatshops so
- How to find decent contractors for house work? Just had windows done (10k), and they dinged up all the frames and even scratched some glass (manufacturer replaced it). Had AC installed (7k) and they took a bunch of shortcuts, then asked to borrow money (1k) from me a week later -- told them to f off, I guess I won't be getting warranty work from
- Seattle Downtown Dentist using sealed tools I’ve been going to a dentist in downtown (Bede, Branch, Carmody). Last time I asked about how things get cleaned in between patients (I just never wondered about it before). I sensed resistance from the hygienist, like I was distrusting them. Also, Dr. Bede didn’t wear a mask that same day. This who
- Doordash Doesn’t anyone know where doordash pulls its reviews from? Is it internal is it from google or yelp. I’ve tried looking but can’t find anything.
- link How to choose moving company? I am moving from Seattle to San Jose next week. My new company gives me a lump sum relocation money and I have to find a mover myself. I seek out several companies. Have very different quotes from everyone. One quote me 6k for moving a 2 badroom + one study size house. One quote me 2.8k but they loo
- Any suggestions for adult dance lessons in Bellevue,WA? I've scoured both Yelp and Google reviews. Almost every studio has gotten mixed reviews (over charging, too pushy etc). Where do the tech folks in Bellevue dance at? Looking mainly for hip-hop, two-step and the like
- Upack review Planning to relocate to Seattle. Saw YouTube commercials about ‘upack’ moving company. Yelp has mixed reviews. Just wanted to know if anyone used them? Their quote seems reasonable. Any other moving company recommendations appreciated!